Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (693411 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 07, 2016
drizzit:
Good morning guys..bin following this thread for a while and I have now finally put something together. However I will need your assistance on one final connection. I used a modified bluegate 650va ups (added a fan to cool the transformer), got am external 10amps charger, and I removed 4 17ah batteries from my 2200kva APC ups making a total of 68AH. I have connected the batteries to the ups, where exactly do I plug the external charger on the batteries? Can I connect it to any of the ends? Or is there a specific way in have to do dat? Attached is the configuration I put together....
Connect the charger clip to only a battery terminals. As in either you use the first battery on the pack or the last.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by drizzit(m): 9:06am On Sep 07, 2016
brogxy:

Connect the charger clip to only a battery terminals. As in either you use the first battery on the pack or the last.
Thanks bro! That's all I need..., grin
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 9:11am On Sep 07, 2016
brogxy:

Good suggestions, but experience shows u'll not optimally charge the batteries. The best position would be to clip to the first and last, using either the postive on the first and negative on the last or vis versa. That way the current passes equally thru all the cells. That's my 2pences. ..

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by admindim: 9:23am On Sep 07, 2016
drizzit:
Good morning guys..bin following this thread for a while and I have now finally put something together. However I will need your assistance on one final connection. I used a modified bluegate 650va ups (added a fan to cool the transformer), got am external 10amps charger, and I removed 4 17ah batteries from my 2200kva APC ups making a total of 68AH. I have connected the batteries to the ups, where exactly do I plug the external charger on the batteries? Can I connect it to any of the ends? Or is there a specific way in have to do dat? Attached is the configuration I put together....
brO THAT IS 10AH CHARGER U BOUGHT FROM ME I EXPLAIN TO U THE POSITIVE SIDE OF THE UPS WILL BE CONNECTED TOGERTHER WITH THE POSITIVE SIDE OF THE CHARGER AND ALSO APPLY SAME METHOD TO THE NEGATIVE THEN CONNECT IT TO THE BATTERY VERY SIMPLE 50PIECES 200AH BATTERY IN STOCK 32K 100AH 22K 40AH 13K 18AH 4,500 12AH 3,000 7AH 2K 5 AH 1500

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bomeri(m): 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2016
Used cc and panels nko? where is ure location
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by vitality22(m): 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
admindim:
brO THAT IS 10AH CHARGER U BOUGHT FROM ME I EXPLAIN TO U THE POSITIVE SIDE OF THE UPS WILL BE CONNECTED TOGERTHER WITH THE POSITIVE SIDE OF THE CHARGER AND ALSO APPLY SAME METHOD TO THE NEGATIVE THEN CONNECT IT TO THE BATTERY VERY SIMPLE 50PIECES 200AH BATTERY IN STOCK 32K 100AH 22K 40AH 13K 18AH 4,500 12AH 3,000 7AH 2K 5 AH 1500
Can we see the pictures of the battery? Meanwhile, do you have APC 1.5kva ups which uses only one battery?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by admindim: 8:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
vitality22:

Can we see the pictures of the battery? Meanwhile, do you have APC 1.5kva ups which uses only one battery?
apc .1.5kva uses 2battery it is 750va that uses one battery
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by oparaeke(m): 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2016
admindim:
thanks for patronage of chargers and battery from location ur packages will be sent on monday
I received the battery I ordered from you in Owerri and after testing I must confess the battery is very rugged,it was a pleasure doing business with you thanks for your honesty.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by admindim: 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2016
oparaeke:
I received the battery I ordered from you in Owerri and after testing I must confess the battery is very rugged,it was a pleasure doing business with you thanks for your honesty.
thx for ur patronage boss
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by drizzit(m): 10:00pm On Sep 07, 2016
admindim:
Yeah bro you told me....but still didn't really get it....first time of actually doing anything electrical by myself..,even if u open my head put am sef e fit no stick..... grin... Thanks for the charger by the way.... So the connection is good this way?.....abi where else am I supposed to connect the charger to?

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by drizzit(m): 10:02pm On Sep 07, 2016
saint2ace:

Good suggestions, but experience shows u'll not optimally charge the batteries. The best position would be to clip to the first and last, using either the postive on the first and negative on the last or vis versa. That way the current passes equally thru all the cells. That's my 2pences. ..

I guess its like this....? I just read page 18 of this thread ....guess I am on track....

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 12:05am On Sep 08, 2016
drizzit:

I guess its like this....? I just read page 18 of this thread ....guess I am on track....

Yeah brother u got it spot on; congratulations u're now a certified engineer. Enjoy
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by admindim: 7:16am On Sep 08, 2016
drizzit:

Yeah bro you told me....but still didn't really get it....first time of actually doing anything electrical by myself..,even if u open my head put am sef e fit no stick..... grin... Thanks for the charger by the way.... So the connection is good this way?.....abi where else am I supposed to connect the charger to?
yea cool but dont put d charger on the battery u knw charger generates heat
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by drizzit(m): 7:48am On Sep 08, 2016
saint2ace:

Yeah brother u got it spot on; congratulations u're now a certified engineer. Enjoy
Honestly!.... Let me go drop my CV at Siemens!.. grin
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by drizzit(m): 7:48am On Sep 08, 2016
admindim:
yea cool but dont put d charger on the battery u knw charger generates heat
Thanks bro...I have taken it off
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kennedyugo: 9:09am On Sep 08, 2016
admindim:

I'm interested in the battery. Where do you stay and are they new?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 10:23am On Sep 08, 2016
drizzit:

saint2ace:

very good answer from saint2ace

dont forget to u connect the charger to the battery the same way u have connected ur ups wire to ur battery

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by admindim: 2:08pm On Sep 08, 2016
kennedyugo:

I'm interested in the battery. Where do you stay and are they new?
both brand new and used
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sentix(m): 6:46pm On Sep 08, 2016
Ceejay

I just got a new 20amp charger but am surprised the highest I have ever gotten is 11.1a even with a drained battery.

is that normal or I should return it
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 08, 2016
My connection for this Buhari economy

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 8:24pm On Sep 08, 2016
admindim:

I hope to do business with you soon. Where are you located and can i have your whatsapp number?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 08, 2016
radiokilla:
Buhari govt
Pls can state how much u bought those items now. So painful that I was meant to buy them last year but postponed it not knowing it will double this year.
Is the batt new
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by admindim: 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2016
odimbannamdi:

I hope to do business with you soon. Where are you located and can i have your whatsapp number?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 3:43am On Sep 09, 2016
brogxy:

Buhari govt
Pls can state how much u bought those items now. So painful that I was meant to buy them last year but postponed it not knowing it will double this year.
Is the batt new
200ah battery --50k
30amps- 11k
Ups- 2k
Then sellotape wires and clips- free grin

I will advise you buy from Ceejay's contacts.
Goodluck
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 6:24am On Sep 09, 2016
radiokilla:

200ah battery --50k
30amps- 11k
Ups- 2k
Then sellotape wires and clips- free grin

I will advise you buy from Ceejay's contacts.
Goodluck

Thanks. I will surely get them from his contacts. But can u help in posting the contacts here again cos I don't know the exact pages the contacts are. Thanks again
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 09, 2016
brogxy:

Thanks. I will surely get them from his contacts. But can u help in posting the contacts here again cos I don't know the exact pages the contacts are. Thanks again
page 1-4 are all what you need in this thread. You can find the contacts there.

For the battery: Block C1 Shop 13 Arena Mkt Bolade Oshodi 08033086907.

Charger: Chidi sam ventures . 3 labinjo street off idioro mushin lagos, 08033308811 , 08026886648. he is an importer so you can get it cheap.

The battery guy is pretty much a nice guy, so he will direct you as per the Ups.

Thanks to Ceejay for this thread. Oga Ceejay what is your brand, I can afford some beer o.

5 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:49am On Sep 09, 2016
sentix:
Ceejay

I just got a new 20amp charger but am surprised the highest I have ever gotten is 11.1a even with a drained battery.

is that normal or I should return it

if u are not satisfied with it ,u can return it, add more money and take 30amp or 40amp, hope u have not cut the wires and hope the pack is still with u,

20amp is good, i upgraded to 30amp because of the light condition in my area then and also because of the precious brand new 100 ah battery i got from saint2ace which i added to my 160ah battery to make it 260ah, 30amp charges faster than 20amp and 40amp charges faster than 30amp......
so my guy na ur pocket go decide, how long does it take to fully charge ur drained battery?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:53am On Sep 09, 2016
radiokilla:

Charger: Chidi sam ventures . 3 labinjo street off idioro mushin lagos, 08033308811 , 08026886648. he is an importer so you can get it cheap.

The battery guy is pretty much a nice guy, so he will direct you as per the Ups.

Thanks to Ceejay for this thread. Oga Ceejay what is your brand, I can afford some beer o.

thats my brand below, abeg no mail am through internet o!!!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:56am On Sep 09, 2016
radiokilla:

grin nice.....e good as u collect 30amp charger incase u want to add more batteries
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by vitality22(m): 9:12am On Sep 09, 2016
drizzit:
Bro, can you sell the 2200kva APC ups for me?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bobojoshua(m): 12:05pm On Sep 09, 2016
radiokilla:

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 1:09pm On Sep 09, 2016
Bobojoshua how far na?? Nice to see u're back as usual quoting without comments. Na wetin we take sabi u na...lol

I hail all the same, regards to all

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.