Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,683 members, 7,955,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:35 AM

No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police (14121 Views)

Forgery: Police May Arrest Ekweremadu, Others This Week / No Plan To Go Back On N5,000 Allowance To Jobless Youths – APC Insists / Ekweremadu: Police, NASS Clerk, Others Meet Over Petition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 05, 2015
Just now from force deputy PRO Abayomi Shogunle on Channels Television

The police high command last night denied alleged plans to arrest Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu.

Force Assistant Spokesman CSP Abayomi Shogunle yesterday said that the issue of arrest of a Senator does not arise as the Police observes the norms of democratic principles.

According to Shogunle, a Senator wrote a petition to the IGP that the rules of the house was changed so as to pave the way for the election of Ekweremdu.

Based on the petition, he said, the IGP directed the DIG Force CID to investigate the matter.

Consequently Shogunle disclosed that after the preliminary investigations the Force CID wrote to the Clerk of the National Assembly to arrange the time and place for police investigators to meet with some Senators for interrogations and up till thw rime of diling this repoet 9.50 pm, the Clerk has not eesponded to demand od the police.

Also the All Progressives Congress (APC) has said it has nothing to do with the reported police’s invitation of Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, over which the PDP has released an outlandish statement containing all sorts of imaginary claims.

In its own statement issued in Abuja on Sunday by the National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said the party neither wrote a petition to the police nor is it aware that any petition was written against the Deputy Senate President.

And that “if, as the PDP claims, the petition concerns alleged altering of the Senate’s Standing Rules on the process of electing Presiding Officers, that is a clear case of forgery which the police have a duty to investigate. Questioning the right of the police to carry out their duties in this regard amounts to intimidating the security agency.

”Forgery is a crime that is being regularly investigated by the police, and it beggars belief that such investigation will now be interpreted to mean that Nigeria is descending into dictatorship or that democracy and the enjoyment of personal freedoms are now endangered. These claims by the scaremongering PDP are far fetched and preposterous,” it said.

APC said if indeed there is a petition against Senator Ekweremadu, he should gladly heed the invitation by the police so he can clear his name, adding that no one is above the law.

”President Muhammadu Buhari has repeatedly said that at every point, the law must be supreme and everyone must respect the law, if the nation’s democratic system is to survive.

Extrapolating a police invitation of anyone, no matter his status, to mean the onset of dictatorship is itself an invitation to lawlessness and anarchy, which permeated the long but ineffective rule of the PDP,” the party said.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/no-plan-to-arrest-ekweremadu-police/

3 Likes

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
No senators has been invited by police

1 Like

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
Clerk was written based on petition by some senators to clarify issues

1 Like

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by seunmsg(m): 9:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
The police should do their work without sentiment. Nobody is too big to be investigated and prosecuted if found guilty.

5 Likes

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by merry02(m): 9:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
That's a blantant lie...they re hiding on a defensive side!

3 Likes

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by Boss13: 9:03pm On Jul 05, 2015
Very funny. I found the news funny. I just think some people were playing damage control after the APC NEC meeting and journalists were too lazy to investigate before disseminating the news

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
seunmsg:
Give us a better source.
I should give you a source for an interview I just watched on Television less than10 minutes ago?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by DeNoble1(m): 9:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
M
Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by YoruBanger: 9:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
chukwudi44:
No senators has been invited by police

So are you happy now? cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 05, 2015
YoruBanger:

Buhari forged his certificates!!! While I don't think the Senate rules were tampered, Buhari would not want to fight this way.His presidency would be brought down. WAEC is a reputable agency and can't be influenced

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by DickDastardly(m): 9:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
APC and CrankJohns on the BRINK cheesy

9 Likes

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2015
I am not sure it is yet on their website!!! Anyother person who watched the interview should authenticate this claim

6 Likes

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by YoruBanger: 9:12pm On Jul 05, 2015
chukwudi44:

Buhari forged his certificates!!! While I don't think the Senate rules were tampered, Buhari would not want to fight this way.His presidency would be brought down. WAEC is a reputable agency and can't be influenced

What's Buhari's certs got to do with this? Anyway, it seems there's so much confusion in the air. I think our journos need to be careful and get their facts before going to press, considering how fast news travels these days -- there's way too much propaganda being peddled as news worthy out there. Apparently, even the PDP bought the news.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by sosanova: 9:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
grin grin grin
this government of rumours n denials

11 Likes

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
YoruBanger:

What's Buhari's certs got to do with this? Anyway, it seems there's so much confusion in the air. I think our journos need to be careful and get their facts before going to press, considering how fast news travels these days -- there's way too much propaganda being peddled as news worthy out there. Apparently, even the PDP bought the news.
I think they actually had such plans but had to backpedal because of the backlash

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by SWIPERdaVIPER: 9:17pm On Jul 05, 2015
What a crazy government Buhari is running

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by chimsimdindu: 9:21pm On Jul 05, 2015
chukwudi44:
I am not sure it is yet on their website!!! Anyother person who watched the interview should authenticate this claim
yea, i watched it on Channels tv

13 Likes

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 05, 2015
Orlando Olodo and his fellow fools can go ahead to commit suicide

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by Appliedmaths(m): 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2015
And the propaganda continues, this is exactly what APC signed up for. It's Karma at play, we are still waiting for the end of book haram within 2 months.

End Note: The blood of any Nigerian isn't worth the political ambition of these reta.rded men who claim to be our leaders

12 Likes

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by dayo23(f): 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2015
[size=8pt][/size]
Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by dayo23(f): 9:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
angry
Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by vedaxcool(m): 9:31pm On Jul 05, 2015
YoruBanger:

grin grin grin grin no kill me laugh

1 Like

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 05, 2015
vedaxcool:

Even a baby knows you are seething with rage at this news

10 Likes

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by HzRF(m): 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
After testing the water and realise Itz shallow
Dey quickly back track

8 Likes

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by richidinho(m): 10:07pm On Jul 05, 2015
chukwudi44:

Its very true...I watched it

But the policeman said one senator sent a petition to the IGP, the police mandated the clerk of NA to arrange for a meeting btw the police and some senators at any favourable time

1 Like

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by talktimi(m): 10:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
APC and their constant comedy of errors cool

9 Likes

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2015
This man called Buhari is ignoring governing for the whole country and concentrating on attacking the south easterners and reducing Tinubu to nothing and appointing his northern brothers into positions.

Pathetic ... So deputy senate president is the biggest issue on their plate while Nigerians are dying from Boko haram and uncertainty across the entire country. Naira losing value because of a government without the capacity to make informed decision on the economy.

11 Likes

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by frankyychiji(f): 10:40pm On Jul 05, 2015
seunmsg:
Give us a better source.
Check Channels Tv news at 10 on youtube.
Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by frankyychiji(f): 10:43pm On Jul 05, 2015
chukwudi44:
I watched the news at 10. You are right.

4 Likes

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by frankyychiji(f): 10:46pm On Jul 05, 2015
vedaxcool:

Fake smile! Go and dieeee!

1 Like

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by doublewisdom: 11:23pm On Jul 05, 2015
Apc has denied as usual.
Afraid don catch APC.
Una for see wetin pass una
Bunch of unscrupulous fellows
Led by a super dullard
And a drug baron.

13 Likes

Re: No Plan To Arrest Ekweremadu – Police by BossTtdiamonds(m): 11:30pm On Jul 05, 2015
PDP singing ...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emeka Martins Chinedu Withdraws The Bill Against Jungle Justice / Bola Tinubu Visit Emir Of Gusau, Dr. Ibrahim Bello / Orient Petroleum Strikes Oil In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.