Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Enugu Rep Disagrees With Gbajabiamila - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Rep Disagrees With Gbajabiamila (536 Views)

Jonathan Disagrees With Buhari Over Railway Achievement / Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall / Court Sacks Enugu Rep, Declares Ozomgbachi Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Rep Disagrees With Gbajabiamila by papoose999(m): 7:02am On Jul 06, 2015
The lawmaker representing Ohaozara/Onicha/Ivo federal constituency in the
House of Representatives, Linus Okorie, has said the principle of federal
character should reflect in the emergence of principal officers of the
legislature.
According to the lawmaker, the 1999 Constitution is clear on the provision of
federal character principle.
Okorie, who reacted to the crisis over leadership positions in the House of
Representatives, faulted the position of some of his colleagues who argued
that the principle did not apply to the election of principal officers of the two
chambers of the National Assembly.
Okorie urged President Muhammadu Buhari and the leadership of the All
Progressives Congress to respect the federal character principle as enshrined
in Section 14 (3) of the 1999 Constitution.
Quoting the section, Okorie said, “The composition of the Government of the
Federation or any of its agencies and the conduct of its affairs shall be carried
out in such a manner as to reflect the federal character of Nigeria and the
need to promote national unity, and also to command national loyalty, thereby
ensuring that there shall be no predominance of persons from a few states or
from a few ethnic or other sectional groups in that government or in any of its
agencies.”

link: www.punchng.com/politics/enugu-rep-disagrees-with-gbajabiamila/

cc lalasticlala
Re: Enugu Rep Disagrees With Gbajabiamila by papoose999(m): 7:02am On Jul 06, 2015
Re: Enugu Rep Disagrees With Gbajabiamila by Starships4u(m): 7:12am On Jul 06, 2015
Una still de on this matter
Re: Enugu Rep Disagrees With Gbajabiamila by Candyrain(m): 7:41am On Jul 06, 2015
Trying so hard to turn blind eye to the dictate of the constitution. Pls educate them further Linus Okorie.
Re: Enugu Rep Disagrees With Gbajabiamila by Slynonny(m): 7:49am On Jul 06, 2015
Pls educate them more.
Let them know that i and only i but not i alone cos i divided by i is equal to i cos i remaineth i the only one that is allergic to MOUTH ACTION.

#I_Hate_Mouth_Action.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC On A Roll / Nigeria Governors Views Over The Slashing Of The President Own Salary / Tragedy: Five Feared Dead At Kaduna Ramadan Gift Sharing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.