Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,850 members, 7,813,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Gunmen Kill 70 In Zamfara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill 70 In Zamfara (595 Views)

8 Killed In Zamfara Over "Blasphemy Against Islam" / Buhari Dressed In Army Uniform In Zamfara Today / Cameroon Invade Nigerian Village, Kill 70 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill 70 In Zamfara by Islie: 11:38am On Jul 06, 2015
GUNMEN struck Cigama village of Birnin Magaji Local Government Area of Zamfara State, on Saturday, killing over 70 people while several others sustained injuries. The terror act happened barely 24 hours after the same group killed six people at Kokiya village, also in Zamfara State. Reliable source disclosed that the armed bandits attacked Kokiya village shortly after the congregation prayer in Kokiya Central Mosque, on Friday. Source affirmed further that the gunmen arrived Kokiya in dozens on Friday and were conveyed by Hilux vehicle while others rode on motorcycles. “They stormed the community and opened fire on visible persons in the village,” the source said. According to the source, members of Cigama, a neighbouring community, came to rescue the villagers as they forced the gunmen to beat a retreat. Retaliating, the gunmen attacked Cigama village on Saturday and killed over 70 people. Speaking on the attack, chairman of Birnin Magaji Local Government Area, Muhammad Bala Gusami, said he could only confirm the death of 30 people as of Sunday. He said more bodies were being recovered within and outside the community, while he described the incident as inhuman, barbaric and unhealthy. When contacted, the state police imagemaker, Sanusi Amiru, confirmed the attack, but declined to give details of casualties. He disclosed that a joint security taskforce comprising the police and military had been deployed in the affected areas.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/gunmen-kill-70-zamfara

cc lalasticlala
Re: Gunmen Kill 70 In Zamfara by Demmzy15(m): 11:39am On Jul 06, 2015
shocked
Re: Gunmen Kill 70 In Zamfara by kinxlink(m): 11:43am On Jul 06, 2015
APC, so desparate. Yet, no sign of change.
Well, Check this out

A teacher asked his students, 1+1=?
A student stood up and said 4.
Akpos who was passing by overheard the answer, shook his head and said to himself;
"My God, this 9ja is not country o.
Everything has increased; Transport Fare, Fuel prices, Foodstuffs, Beer,... Everything!
Even 1+1 that used to be 2 has now gone up to 4!
Re: Gunmen Kill 70 In Zamfara by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 06, 2015
am tired of this dullard
Re: Gunmen Kill 70 In Zamfara by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 06, 2015
Where are these gun men coming from? I doubt they are Nigerians.
Re: Gunmen Kill 70 In Zamfara by Noneroone(m): 12:01pm On Jul 06, 2015
Buhari is winning the war!
Re: Gunmen Kill 70 In Zamfara by Onyejiuwaokoh: 12:08pm On Jul 06, 2015
Our leaders are more interested in NNPC than security. They have intervened greatly on NNPC issue but turn blind eyes on the loss of human lives.
Re: Gunmen Kill 70 In Zamfara by rozayx5(m): 12:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
i miss goodluck faster than i thought
Re: Gunmen Kill 70 In Zamfara by Obijulius: 12:17pm On Jul 06, 2015
Goodluck left with all the good.

I see dark days ahead. Good morning Nigeria. 2015 is very pregnant.
Re: Gunmen Kill 70 In Zamfara by Onyejiuwaokoh: 12:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
Our leaders pay more attention on NNPC issue than the security matter. They have intervened urgently on oil leadership, its movement and past deals but security issue is "l will, l will" God will save us.
Re: Gunmen Kill 70 In Zamfara by rozayx5(m): 12:20pm On Jul 06, 2015
Obijulius:
Goodluck left with all the good.

I see dark days ahead. Good morning Nigeria. 2015 is very pregnant.

Nigeria is looking gloomy. cause if this current govt does not take time. naira will get to 300 to a dollar in some weeks

(1) (Reply)

Relocation Of Boko Haram Prisoners To Anambra State - Dr Jideofor Adibe / Lesser Hajj: 'Nigerian Embassy Did Not Snub Pres. Buhari's Family' / Dunford Tells Congress Russia Poses Greatest Threat To US Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.