Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL (1025 Views)

For Fun - Popular Contributors To Religion Section / Why Nairalanders Lose Faith On The Religion Section Easily / What Have You Learned From The Religion Section ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
I am not really happy to say this,but this must be said,Most of us on this section,despite our Knowledge of the Word and our depth of revelation,we still do somethings that "baby" christians do and we ought to correct them.

We are gulity of posting irreleveant topics,profane threads e.g
someone posted about "Horus is not Jesus christ and can never be",despite his knowledge of God's word he should know that things like that are not relevant,all these things are simply distractions.

"WE ARE TO STICK TO THE WORD".

Infact I will start listing names,
OLAADEGBU:- I respect your knowledge of the WORD but I'm shocked and dissapointed in some of your threads,e.g
Hacking/"condemining" some church denominations,comparing Jesus and Mohammed,"If quran is true,Islam is false".
You may be right on these things,infact most of those facts posted are correct but how does that bless and edify growing Christians(Myself inclusive),what do we choose to get carried away by winds of doctrines,We know the Word and we should stick to it.

Scholar8200 you are gulity of samething,malvisguy212,bingbagbo,Joagbaje,WinsomeX,Gombs,Vooks,annyplenty and Many others,You all know yourselves.

"study(Be diligent) to show thyself approved,a workman that need not be ashamed,rightly dividing the word of truth ".
We are to rightly divide the Word of truth and commit and teach the same unto faithful men who are able to teach others.

It is time for a change,"Our post must be targeted at BLESSING LIVES not amassing views or making Frontpage".
If only three people read your thread and are blessed, its better than to have a thousand views on a "Profane" thread aimed at hacking/condemning/mocking someone else religion or belief system.
these are times to get back to serious bible study like never before and to teach and minister effectively to others the things that we know and have received.

WE ARE TO STICK TO THE WORD.the message is Christ and Christ alone.

God bless you as you do so.

SELAH.
Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2015
Shun profane babblings,they will only lead to more ungodliness
Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2015
sportsmaster:

I am not really happy to say this,but this must be said,Most of us on this section,despite our Knowledge of the Word and our depth of revelation,we still do somethings that "baby" christians do and we ought to correct them.

someone posted about "Horus is not Jesus christ and can never be",despite his knowledge of God's word he should know that things like that are not relevant,all these things are simply distractions.

OLAADEGBU:- I respect your knowledge of the WORD but I'm shocked and dissapointed in some of your threads,e.g
Hacking/"condemining" some church denominations,comparing Jesus and Mohammed,"If quran is true,Islam is false".
You may be right on these things,infact most of those facts posted are correct but how does that bless and edify growing Christians(Myself inclusive),what do we choose to get carried away by winds of doctrines,We know the Word and we should stick to it.

Scholar8200 you are gulity of samething,malvisguy212,bingbagbo,Joagbaje,WinsomeX,Gombs,Vooks,annyplenty and Many others,You all know yourselves.

"study(Be diligent) to show thyself approved,a workman that need not be ashamed,rightly dividing the word of truth ".
We are to rightly divide the Word of truth and commit and teach the same unto faithful men who are able to teach others.

It is time for a change,"Our post must be targeted at BLESSING LIVES not amassing views or making Frontpage".
If only three people read your thread and are blessed, its better than to have a thousand views on a "Profane" thread aimed at hacking/condemning/mocking someone else religion or belief system.
these are times to get back to serious bible study like never before and to teach and minister effectively to others the things that we know and have received.

SELAH.

You should know by now that I am not on this thread to play religion, Christianity is a matter of life and death. Scores have lost their lives because of this and are either languishing in hell or are with Christ as we speak. Christianity is about having a living relationship with the Almighty God through Christ Jesus. Every other proposal is one of darkness.

"Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me" (John 14:6).
Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 06, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

You should know by now that I am not on this thread to play religion, Christianity is a matter of life and death. Scores have lost their lives because of this and are either languishing in hell or are with Christ as we speak. Christianity is about having a living relationship with the Almighty God through Christ Jesus. Every other proposal is one of darkness.

"Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me" (John 14:6).

you should also be aware that some of your threads do not edify us as christians,when you are trying to correct other belief systems and doctrines,there is how you go about it.
You dont hack into someone's doctrine and say "YOu doctrine/belief system is wrong",you teach them the WORD and it is now left for them to accept or reject.
its as simple as that.
Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by Scholar8200(m): 3:45pm On Jul 06, 2015
To start with, I am still a learner, one far out in the peripheries of the knowledge of the Word hence may I be excused from the list of elites.

Secondly, have you heard of Apologetics?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 06, 2015
Scholar8200:
To start with, I am still a learner, one far out in the peripheries of the knowledge of the Word hence may I be excused from the list of elites.

Secondly, have you heard of Apologetics?

liar,you won deny,dont you know myself and others have learnt and blessed by some of your posts.
I have seen how you rightly divide and explain the scriptures.so no come deny for here.
Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by Scholar8200(m): 4:03pm On Jul 06, 2015
sportsmaster:

liar,you won deny,dont you know myself and others have learnt and blessed by some of your posts.
I have seen how you rightly divide and explain the scriptures.so no come deny for here.
Anything that blessed you came from the Spirit (definitely not me!.). the Bible clearly says:
1 Corinthians 8:2
And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:15pm On Jul 06, 2015
sportsmaster:

you should also be aware that some of your threads do not edify us as christians,when you are trying to correct other belief systems and doctrines,there is how you go about it.
You dont hack into someone's doctrine and say "YOu doctrine/belief system is wrong",you teach them the WORD and it is now left for them to accept or reject.
its as simple as that.

As a Christian you are obliged to spread the gospel of truth as you are being led but I don't think it's up to you to either criticise or approve of how others choose to carry out this obligation.

"Who are you that judge another man's servant? to his own master he stands or falls. Yes, he shall be held up: for God is able to make him stand" (Romans 14:4).
Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 06, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

As a Christian you are obliged to spread the gospel of truth as you are being led but I don't think it's up to you to either criticise or approve of how others choose to carry out this obligation.

"Who are you that judge another man's servant? to his own master he stands or falls. Yes, he shall be held up: for God is able to make him stand" (Romans 14:4).
God never works outside his WORD,the leading of the Spirit is always within the CONFINES of the written WORD.
Never esteem anything,i repeat Never esteem anything above the written word.
Any leading that is outside the written word is not of God.
How to spread the Gospel and teach others is plainly explained from the scripture.
A pattern has been set for us by the Apostles. See the books of acts and all the letters of Paul
Dont get it twisted.
Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
Scholar8200:
Anything that blessed you came from the Spirit (definitely not me!.). the Bible clearly says:
1 Corinthians 8:2
And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

lol.what of those pastors that twist the bible interpretation around to deceive followers,dint they pick their verses from the bible?,how we explain the bible to others means alot,shows a sign of our diligence to the Word..

what if you never explained those things correctly,dont you know some of us will be left in the DARK.
The role of every Christian is not only to preach but to teach others.
Matt28.
Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by Scholar8200(m): 4:30pm On Jul 06, 2015
sportsmaster:

lol.what of those pastors that twist the bible interpretation around to deceive followers,dint they pick their verses from the bible?,how we explain the bible to others means alot,shows a sign of our diligence to the Word..

what if you never explained those things correctly,dont you know some of us will be left in the DARK.
The role of every Christian is not only to preach but to teach others.
Matt28.
All Glory Be To God.
Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:32pm On Jul 06, 2015
sportsmaster:

God never works outside his WORD,the leading of the Spirit is always within the CONFINES of the written WORD.
Never esteem anything,i repeat Never esteem anything above the written word.
Any leading that is outside the written word is not of God.
How to spread the Gospel and teach others is plainly explained from the scripture.
A pattern has been set for us by the Apostles. See the books of acts and all the letters of Paul
Dont get it twisted.

If you cannot quote where in the scriptures that forbids me to do what I am doing then I request that you forever hold your peace. smiley
Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 06, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

If you cannot quote where in the scriptures that forbids me to do what I am doing then I request that you forever hold your peace. smiley

Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.
the people at Samaria must have had a belief system before Philip came to them. see acts8:9-11,
Act 8:9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:
Act 8:10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.
Act 8:11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.
Act 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Philip did not do series like "your doctrine is false,this is not scriptural,this is this,this is that,you have been all deceived",etc.
Philip was straight and direct,he preached Christ unto them.

acts19 is another example,
Act 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Act 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Act 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Act 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
Act 19:7 And all the men were about twelve.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
what is this Gospel?
1Cor 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Cor 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

2Cor 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Cor 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
2Cor 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
finally,
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things [size=18pt]whatsoever I have commanded you[/size]: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

comprende?
Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 06, 2015
Why is the whole thread silent. CC WinsomeX,Joagbaje,Gombs,malvisguy212,winner01 etc
Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by malvisguy212: 9:57pm On Jul 06, 2015
sportsmaster:
Why is the whole thread silent.
CC WinsomeX,Joagbaje,Gombs,malvisguy212,winner01 etc
I have nothing to say here, I am happy you are trying to show me my weakness. I am a learner, I benefit a LOT reading Emasun and truthman post.

3 Likes

Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by Gombs(m): 2:44am On Jul 07, 2015
sportsmaster:

[size=28pt]It is time for a change,"Our post must be targeted at BLESSING LIVES not amassing views or making Frontpage".[/size]

SELAH.

Firstly, it's rude of you to start this thread, for numerous reasons...but however, I'm gad you did. You suddenly ran out of "edifying topics" in the bible, that you had to create this thread?

I started reading with a wide grin, and intially wanted to ignore you, but i find it hard to believe you'd want to start sounding ike a pharisee. For example, you stated to Ola

you should also be aware that some of your threads do not edify us sportsman as christians a christian,when you are trying to correct other belief systems and doctrines,there is how you go about it.

I had to put it in the right semantics...Ola has been very very instrumental on this section, i don't always agree with him, but you are grossly wrong inn your above assertion. Now, let's look at some of your topics and posts that must have been edifying to "us christians"

https://www.nairaland.com/2384136/all-athiests-guilty

this above topic was really edifying, and before long, atheists started accepting Christ... Maybe you should visit the thread once more. wink

Well, that said, you also asserted thus;

I was stunned you accused Ola of such... see this thread.. https://www.nairaland.com/2428501/end-time-study-what-rapture#35511590 by annyplenty... You did not apply the above bold to uyourself, yet you accuse another? see your response to him..

This is a futile attempt,and it wont get anyone saved.
i have told you several times, the Message is Christ and christ alone,No one will get saved from all these.
the Gospel of Christ saves not the mesage of the Rapture.

Rom1:16:-"the Gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation".

It is better you stop seeing demonic visions and start peaching Christ

compare it to what you 'advised" Ola here
You dont hack into someone's doctrine and say "YOu doctrine/belief system is wrong",[b]you teach them the WORD and it is now left for them to accept or reject.

How about this thread? https://www.nairaland.com/2426889/misconceptions-baptism-gifts-holy-spirit#35483897

see your reply

none of this is making sense.
Study well before you write articles.

in fact, in the whole thread, you did not teach anything.. undecided

Next, this thread by ikemikeobi https://www.nairaland.com/2416311/why-should-proud-catholic#35337047 on why one should be a proud catholic... guess your reply?

By reading your post @ OP, i can BOLDLY and SAFELY say that "Catholics are a set of confused and deluded People"

i did not see you apply your "advise" to Ola in this and many more threads...
You dont hack into someone's doctrine and say "YOu doctrine/belief system is wrong",[b]you teach them the WORD and it is now left for them to accept or reject.
or you did not see your reply above as
aimed at hacking/condemning/mocking someone else religion or belief system.

I can go on and on... The thing is, you just want to seek attention, kinda, you want a 'challenge' with the 'elites'... our elders say "to form craze no dey hard, na the trekking be wahala"

I've been here way longer than you, so has Ola, Jo and some other folks...not that i'm saying it's a criteria for soundness in doctrine of Christ, I'm saying we've seen a whole lot here, and quite naturally should ignore you, for the singular fact that your hypocrisy in this thread is of monumental proportions.

My last line here is, what have you done with the gospel of Christ since you joined NL? Have you raised even one person, who followed your post enough to say "thank you"? Can you show me any thread of yours that had any significant impact on the general discussions on NL religion section?... i can go on and on, and i am not trying to sound like Ola's lawyer, but Ola is light years ahead of you, not that i always agree with him, but because he helped mold NL religion section to what you see today... show some respect!...

if you think it's all about front page, and amassing views, then you must have thought wrong... however, try on your own to get front page materials, or threads thaat can gather great minds to discuss...unti then, ike Paul told Timothy in his first letter chapter four and verse thirteen, i'd urge you too, to give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

God bless you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 07, 2015
Gombs:

Firstly, it's rude of you to start this thread, for numerous reasons...but however, I'm gad you did. You suddenly ran out of "edifying topics" in the bible, that you had to create this thread?
I started reading with a wide grin, and intially wanted to ignore you, but i find it hard to believe you'd want to start sounding ike a pharisee. For example, you stated to Ola
I had to put it in the right semantics...Ola has been very very instrumental on this section, i don't always agree with him, but you are grossly wrong inn your above assertion. Now, let's look at some of your topics and posts that must have been edifying to "us christians"
https://www.nairaland.com/2384136/all-athiests-guilty
this above topic was really edifying, and before long, atheists started accepting Christ... Maybe you should visit the thread once more. wink
Well, that said, you also asserted thus;
I was stunned you accused Ola of such... see this thread.. https://www.nairaland.com/2428501/end-time-study-what-rapture#35511590 by annyplenty... You did not apply the above bold to uyourself, yet you accuse another? see your response to him..
compare it to what you 'advised" Ola here
How about this thread? https://www.nairaland.com/2426889/misconceptions-baptism-gifts-holy-spirit#35483897
see your reply
in fact, in the whole thread, you did not teach anything.. undecided
Next, this thread by ikemikeobi https://www.nairaland.com/2416311/why-should-proud-catholic#35337047 on why one should be a proud catholic... guess your reply?
i did not see you apply your "advise" to Ola in this and many more threads...
or you did not see your reply above as
I can go on and on... The thing is, you just want to seek attention, kinda, you want a 'challenge' with the 'elites'... our elders say "to form craze no dey hard, na the trekking be wahala"
I've been here way longer than you, so has Ola, Jo and some other folks...not that i'm saying it's a criteria for soundness in doctrine of Christ, I'm saying we've seen a whole lot here, and quite naturally should ignore you, for the singular fact that your hypocrisy in this thread is of monumental proportions.
My last line here is, what have you done with the gospel of Christ since you joined NL? Have you raised even one person, who followed your post enough to say "thank you"? Can you show me any thread of yours that had any significant impact on the general discussions on NL religion section?... i can go on and on, and i am not trying to sound like Ola's lawyer, but Ola is light years ahead of you, not that i always agree with him, but because he helped mold NL religion section to what you see today... show some respect!...
if you think it's all about front page, and amassing views, then you must have thought wrong... however, try on your own to get front page materials, or threads thaat can gather great minds to discuss...unti then, ike Paul told Timothy in his first letter chapter four and verse thirteen, i'd urge you too, to give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
God bless you.

I am not really happy to say this,but this must be said,Most of us on this section,despite [size=18pt]our[/size] Knowledge of the Word and our depth of revelation,[size=18pt]we[/size] still do somethings that "baby" christians do and we ought to correct them.
[size=18pt]We[/size] are to rightly divide the Word of truth and commit and teach the same unto faithful men who are able to teach others.
[size=18pt]WE[/size] ARE TO STICK TO THE WORD.the message is Christ and Christ alone.

Did you notice that i used the word WE,OUR,US,
I am also guilty of the same thing.
so i dint come here to hack others alone,myself is inclusive
Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by Gombs(m): 7:54am On Jul 07, 2015
^^
Yeah... Right...

Jesus is talking to you In Matthew 7:5 NLT

Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye.

I'd take you seriously when you use "I", and "my", rather than "we" and "our"
Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 07, 2015
Gombs:
^^
Yeah... Right...

Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye.

i am so so disappointed,Almost all of US are aware of these short-comings but none of US stood up against.
The fact I stoold up against it,should tell you something?
Find out for yourself
Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 07, 2015
Gombs:
^^
Yeah... Right...

if you call me an Hypocrite,it means WE including you are all hypocrites,because we know the truth(light) and yet we choose to dwell in LIES(darkness).
WE are all aware of these short-comings and yet NONE of YOU said anything about it.
If i din't have the guts to speak up,we will remain like this forever.

Finally,
A man that has fallen into a PIT,and recognises that he has fallen into the PIT,and he has seen a way out of the PIT and is already on his way out of the PIT is a million times better than one who has fallen into the PIT and does not even know he is inside the PIT.
Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by Gombs(m): 10:40am On Jul 07, 2015
*unfollows thread
Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
I have nothing to say here, I am happy you are trying to show me my weakness. I am a learner, I benefit a LOT reading Emasun and truthman post.

I'm always happy when we(myself inclusive) know our mistakes and we learn from it.
It makes us better
Re: To All The Elites Of Religion Section NL by Anas09: 9:43am On Jul 09, 2015
Guys, break it off. Sportsman, Point taken.
So no more bashing Mohammed?

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (tuesday - 14/7//15)- PHILIPPIANS 4:19 WAS / Separating Fact From Fiction - How The Illuminati Started. / Have You Ever Preached To An "Unconvertible" Person? Share Your Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.