Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,051 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Beware Of This Guy (scam) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of This Guy (scam) (150206 Views)

This Guy Defraud Me Of 200k And Block Me In All SM We Communicated / Beware Of This Guy (scam) MATHEW WILLIAM B (33475989) / See What Armed Robbers Did To This Guy's Car While In Traffic At Oshodi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of This Guy (scam) by samuel19222(m): 3:46pm On Jul 06, 2015
Guys please beware of this guy kelvin briggs on bbm, that is his pin (2967A0F4) I don't know where he got my bbm pin from, all of a sudden he said we should talk on skype and I told him my phone don't have front camera, so he said if he send me a mobile phone which support skype we can both chat, I said yeah, and he also ask me what else do I need apart from the phone I said a laptop and he promise to send to nigeria because he stay in NORWICH, UK, so yesterday on sunday 5/7/2015 he message me on bbm to inform me that he have already sent it through british airways world cargo and he also include the sum of 900 pounds, inside me I was happy that I have seen a maga not knowing I was going to be the maga, I told him to send me the tracking number so I can track the movement of my items, then he told me no need because they cargo company said it going to take 24 hours to reach nigeria, he gave me the company nigeria customer service number so I can call them and collect my items. This morning I received a phone call asking me if am the owner of the item, I reply yes and I was ask to call out the identification Number on the waybill which the guy (kelvin briggs) sent to me on bbm, after that I was ask to come to their office at abuja for my parcel, I told them I can't come to abuja for now, I ask them to send it to me here in lagos they said I will have to pay the sum of #7500 before they can send it down here, I told them that I have a brother there at abuja so he will help me to pick it up, they told me it's not possible that am to sign a document myself. As a lagos guy I google search the name kelvin briggs, which I saw a thread here on nairaland about the same guy, I just wanna warn my fellow nairalander to beware of this scammer.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Bilabong(m): 3:55pm On Jul 06, 2015
As in he sent you the phone, laptop and 900 for free? Is he from Freetown?
OK maybe the guy is gay and wants to establish a long distance relationship (his profile pics)

22 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by tinuolababy(f): 4:00pm On Jul 06, 2015
Oga ju

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by jascon1(m): 4:02pm On Jul 06, 2015
Am glad u sharing this. Mere looking at the font u can tell the difference

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by dulux07(m): 4:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
D guy in d pix is not d scammer, it is definitely a nigerian using his pix.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by samuel19222(m): 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2015
dulux07:

Yeah

11 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by samuel19222(m): 4:39pm On Jul 06, 2015
Bilabong:
As in he sent you the phone, laptop and 900 for free? Is he from Freetown?
OK maybe the guy is gay and wants to establish a long distance relationship (his profile pics)

Even in freetown nothing is free

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
samuel19222:
Guys please beware of this guy kelvin briggs on bbm, that is his pin (2967A0F4) I don't know where he got my bbm pin from, all of a sudden he said we should talk on skype and I told him my phone don't have front camera, so he said if he send me a mobile phone which support skype we can both chat, I said yeah, and he also ask me what else do I need apart from the phone I said a laptop and he promise to send to nigeria because he stay in NORWICH, UK, so yesterday on sunday 5/7/2015 he message me on bbm to inform me that he have already sent it through british airways world cargo and he also include the sum of 900 pounds, inside me I was happy that I have seen a maga not knowing I was going to be the maga, I told him to send me the tracking number so I can track the movement of my items, then he told me no need because they cargo company said it going to take 24 hours to reach nigeria, he gave me the company nigeria customer service number so I can call them and collect my items. This morning I received a phone call asking me if am the owner of the item, I reply yes and I was ask to call out the identification Number on the waybill which the guy (kelvin briggs) sent to me on bbm, after that I was ask to come to their office at abuja for my parcel, I told them I can't come to abuja for now, I ask them to send it to me here in lagos they said I will have to pay the sum of #7500 before they can send it down here, I told them that I have a brother there at abuja so he will help me to pick it up, they told me it's not possible that am to sign a document myself. As a lagos guy I google search the name kelvin briggs, which I saw a thread here on nairaland about the same guy, a just wanna warn my fellow nairalander to beware of this scammer.
noted. thanks for the information

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 06, 2015
dulux07:
You are right bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Izecson3D(m): 6:13pm On Jul 06, 2015
na wa o
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by samuel19222(m): 6:40pm On Jul 06, 2015
Yahoo boyz in action, KEEP OFF FOR YOUR SAFETY.
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Yustash001(m): 7:48pm On Jul 06, 2015
Yoruba people say: ''eni n wafa n wofo'' also ''ifa n fani lapoya''....by trying to get something you don't work for or pay for.....you can lose what you never thought you could lose....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by samuel19222(m): 8:07pm On Jul 06, 2015
Yustash001:
Yoruba people say: ''eni n wafa n wofo'' also ''ifa n fani lapoya''....by trying to get something you don't work for or pay for.....you can lose what you never thought you could lose....

Abi o, Ifa n fani lapoya
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by summersetsalways(f): 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2015
I won't be surprised if It a Nigerian behind this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Davis263(m): 11:54am On Jul 21, 2015
Same thing that happened to me. The guys name is Andrea Smith BBM pin (33153CB5) he sent a laptop and same 900 pounds.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Ponomote(m): 4:08pm On Aug 26, 2015
Here's another one. Yahoo boys going local... Beware of such...

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by dlex21(m): 10:35pm On Sep 10, 2015
and another one...And to think I was already dreaming of having free apple lappy, iphone and 900 pounds...truly eni to n wafa wofo oo grin grin

Mods please move this to frontpage to create awareness. Thanks to our love for easy and free things, many people will fall prey to this jobless scammers.

cc: lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Franklyf(m): 3:49am On Sep 11, 2015
Sorry to say, you sef too greedy. You happy person way you nor even know say him want send you such amount and goods you dey happy. Na wao for lazy Nigerians

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by nzgal: 3:56am On Sep 11, 2015
As scammers are learning to "shoot without missing", hardworking citizens are also learning to " fly without perching".

Thanks for the info OP and thanks to nairaland for providing info that helped him decide. They probably got the picture of that innocent man from the internet. 419ers always target greedy peeps. Think and tell someone before you pay that cash.

Mods......please do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Pidggin(f): 6:44am On Sep 11, 2015
dulux07:

Very true. If you convert N7,500 into dollars it's only about 38usd why will a foreigner scam you for stipends? Please take off the innocent man's pix.
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by suruwilliams(m): 9:37am On Sep 11, 2015
I swear this same set of crooks just added my babe yesterday and today he said he has sent the same stuff same format iphone6, apple laptop and 900 pounds this is the guy pin 3322cb60 his dp picture is attached pls nairalanders becareful

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by suruwilliams(m): 9:41am On Sep 11, 2015
Pidggin:

Very true. If you convert N7,500 into dollars it's only about 38usd why will a foreigner scam you for stipends? Please take off the innocent man's pix.
it's real if you don't believe add that pin I just posted
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by debetmx(m): 10:02am On Sep 11, 2015
Ofe dey run belle.
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 01, 2015
Omg! shocked...i'm in the exact same situation. Thanks for the info guys. It came in just when I neede. Una too much nairalanders...this is the most useful platform i've seen on the internet so far. U guys rock! Make una see my own. His name's Jones on BBM...2648F27C

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Maxwell279(m): 10:00am On Nov 06, 2015
Hmmm! I can't believe this, am just having dsame experience here fa. My own his name is Harvey Alan, chai!

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by showsteve: 9:55am On Nov 16, 2015
HELLO guys....i luv this platform very well.
the guy Andrea Smith name is used for me as well...see the latest bill he sent to me

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by showsteve: 9:57am On Nov 16, 2015
he is thinking that i will use the number on the bill he sent to call the customer officer but i used another number entirely to play along with the idiot,but he didnt pick my call..i will hint the house on the next line of action.
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by airsaylongcon: 1:31pm On Nov 16, 2015
All of you on this thread are dumb fvcks! Not only do I now know your real names, I also have your mobile numbers. This is supposed to fvcking be an anonymous forum.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by saviour1(m): 9:52am On Nov 20, 2015
Same was about happening to me, thank God I google it Guess what I found out? I found out that it was a scam.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by saviour1(m): 10:11am On Nov 20, 2015
Same was about happening to me, thank God I google it Guess what I found out? I found out that it was a scam.
Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by JMystique(m): 11:27am On Dec 08, 2015
I've had mine calling me throughout yesterday till today,I just dey post d bastards say I dey road dey go bank since to pay their 7500, Sotey I come dey pity as dem dey waste credit on me

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of This Guy (scam) by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 21, 2015
cheesy Same thing happened to me o, even though I no give him my real name or my phone number.......lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'One Million Boys' Storm Oworonshoki In Lagos. Youths Resist Them (Video, Photo) / Corpse Of Corper Linda Nkechi Igwetu & The Policeman That Shot Her Dead (Graphic / Kidnapper Collins Ezenwa ‘E-Money’ Properties Seized By Police (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.