Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri (55628 Views)

Plane Crashes Into Car While Trying To Take-off On The Street In Russia (Video) / See Inside The Most Expensive Hotel Suite In The World— $83,200 (N26 M) A Night / Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri by abulemamaso(m): 3:12am On Jul 07, 2015
[quote author=Abagworo post=35554628]Owerri is one city whose serenity is without doubt but yet retains traditional features of Igbo and Nigerian cities. The city has basically 3 sides. The old Owerri area which is generally congested and full of commercial activities. At the center of it is Douglas road popular for its chaotic outlook that it is often referred to as Aba or Onitsha inside Owerri.

The 2nd side of Owerri consists of fairly beautiful areas with high level of social activities. The youths and students are mostly housed here. The centre of which is Ikenegbu layout but also has Aladinma housing, Egbu housing, Uratta housing, Works layout, Egbeada housing, Graceland estate and others.

The 3rd comprise of an area known as New Owerri with its centre at Concorde Hotel but extends to Dee Sam Road, Umuguma housing, World bank housing and a whole lot of estates which range from low to hig class.

Our focus is on a street famous for its gardens and spaced out road medians. It is known as Ojukwu Boulevard named after late Igbo nationalist Chukwuemeka Ojukwu. It is undoubtedly the most expensive street in Owerri as the least one can get a portion of land is above 1.5billion Naira. The adjoining areas are not left out as they are equally expensive.
A portion of Land 1.5 billion in owerri maybe u are referring to banana Islând
Re: The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri by ModiKen(m): 4:48am On Jul 07, 2015
This is what most places in Naija ought to look like, clean amd serene.

I hate dat douglas road en....with d ever busy market thr....always rowdy and dirty. sad
Re: The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 07, 2015
Ah 4 suprise o
gud2bvee:

No its NIGERIA in OWERRI. grin
Re: The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri by chinolization: 6:54am On Jul 07, 2015
Owerre boulevard

Re: The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri by chinolization: 6:55am On Jul 07, 2015
The current staye of Weatheral road in owerri

Re: The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri by chinolization: 6:56am On Jul 07, 2015
Donatus okpara, do you want to cry? cheesy

emmysoftyou:
forget that yoruba guy.he keep fighting a battle where there is none...

By the way,this is the 2nd time imo thread will make frontpage...

Check out dis threadz, few pics from imo state also make frontpage..

So na jealousy dey worry the guy..abagworo pls allow chino to rest.
Re: The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri by Abagworo(m): 8:57am On Jul 07, 2015
Ojukwu Boulevard area Owerri.

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri by LordIbro(m): 9:02am On Jul 07, 2015
UnknownT:
Over 1.5 billion Naira per plot!!!!! shocked Hope you dont mean Zimbabwean Dollars?

oga it should be Zimbabwean Dollars for sure. it sure can't be Naira
Re: The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri by MrDoGood(m): 9:34am On Jul 07, 2015
And lame cars and keke still patrol around?
Re: The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri by vels(f): 9:43am On Jul 07, 2015
smh.....dis is Owelle doin damage control abt yesterdayz post on doughlas market...change indeed...well fyi i stay in dis area thou nd d place is cool.datz childrenz park opposite concorde hotel...
Re: The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri by MrDoGood(m): 9:44am On Jul 07, 2015
chinolization:

Most of owerri and imo residents are poorly paid civil servants and now they are being owed 11months salaries. Below is where average people live in owerri
And op wants us to believe his story.
Smh.
Thank you my friend for exposing the op.

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri by kamez(m): 9:59am On Jul 07, 2015
owk I'm from IMO state. though I currently don't reside in owerri. but I had my university education there and I do visit regularly, so I'm quite conversant with the entire state.

owerri has the good side nd the bad side. the areas shown by the op are just the high brow areas I think the commissioners quarters is also around this area.
and please op a plot of land in this areas is not even up to 150,million.

aside Douglas road and its alarming dirt, owerri is a beautiful city..

though most of the roads are in a sorry state, like the those around world bank
Re: The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri by obinnajr(m): 11:04am On Jul 07, 2015
THE MORE YOU LOOK. GO TO MBAISE( COUNTRY 5) AND SEE ROAD, NO MIND ALL THOSE PICTURES NA LIE. GOVERNORS MATERNAL HOME IS MY VILLAGE BUT WE NEVER SEE NEPA LIGHT FOR 5YRS NOW BECAUSE OF ROAD DUALIZATION WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN COMPLETED..... ALL THESE PICS ARE ALL LIE LIE
Re: The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri by anitabeauty(f): 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
obinnajr:
THE MORE YOU LOOK. GO TO MBAISE( COUNTRY 5) AND SEE ROAD, NO MIND ALL THOSE PICTURES NA LIE. GOVERNORS MATERNAL HOME IS MY VILLAGE BUT WE NEVER SEE NEPA LIGHT FOR 5YRS NOW BECAUSE OF ROAD DUALIZATION WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN COMPLETED..... ALL THESE PICS ARE ALL LIE LIE

Abagworo thought he can deceive anybody. The true and horrible condition of Owerri will always surface, nobody is deceived cheesy
Re: The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri by anonimi: 7:11pm On Jul 07, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Most Rugged States In Nigeria. / 5 African Countries Where Snow Falls / G.R. Boyd-Carpenter: The First Man That Owned A Private Jet In Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.