Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,810 members, 7,820,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens (26217 Views)

Naira Appreciates As Demand For Dollar Gets Low / Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1 / Naira Drops, As BVN Paralyses Forex Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by Booty4me: 10:19am On Jul 07, 2015
dullard!nho

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by chigoizie7(m): 10:20am On Jul 07, 2015
Truth234:

See how we produce our oil or manage the revenue from oil is solely our responsibility, when oil price dropped, under normal circumstances we shouldn't be affected this much but because of poor economy policy of backing/sustaining our foreign exchange with oil revenue, we are this affected when the only means of sustaining it failed.

Let me ask you this question how are countries like Singapore, South Korea etc without any known nature resources were able to sustain their economies? The difference is approach, that has everything to do with the administration.

No de attack my like lion, na question I ask u ooh.
Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by no2fuks(m): 10:24am On Jul 07, 2015
this is bad I am still used to $1=N100

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by Truth234(m): 10:26am On Jul 07, 2015
chigoizie7:

No de attack my like lion, na question I ask u ooh.

Lol..Oga I no reach o. I dey try answer you ni
Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by persius555(m): 10:36am On Jul 07, 2015
Importation business has the highest Return On Investment since the 80's, ask the banks and importers. I know money bag dudes who builds a house every time he finalises his importation business. Right now, business isn't rosy because of the Fx restriction. Pampers, slippers, rice, palm oil, vegetable oil, toilet paper, margarine etc.

The CBN should also come out with a concrete plan in collaboration with the bank of industry on a sustainable program to empower industrialists who are willing to go into manufacturing and production of local options for the restricted goods. In the absence of these foreign imported goods, the citizens would be left with the option of patronizing locally made substitutes, then we are creating employment for our massive number of youths.

Development is a gradual process, there has never been overnight economic formulas to attaining this goal.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 07, 2015
bigass123:
Na so e pepper you reach? Eyah sorry oh..

Lol bro all we want is a better Nigeria. All our presidents ve been wrong... buh no nid to over blow dem... its wrong
Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by scachy(m): 11:11am On Jul 07, 2015
#1 to $1, Buhari we r watching

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by bigass123(m): 11:31am On Jul 07, 2015
OK noted bro

crixtex:

Lol bro all we want is a better Nigeria. All our presidents ve been wrong... buh no nid to over blow dem... its wrong
Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by DTOBS(m): 11:35am On Jul 07, 2015
tonychristopher:

seriously ..I doubt if you are a Yoruba because your reasoning is like that if an igbo man..very logical

keep it up

Thank you sire

am 100% Yoruba boy oooooo......lolllll
Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by tonychristopher: 11:42am On Jul 07, 2015
DTOBS:

Thank you sire

am 100% Yoruba boy oooooo......lolllll

you are a rare breed maybe you have origin somewhere but I must be honest I appreciate and like your submission

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by Moheat(m): 12:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
I will make 1naira equal 1 dollar if u vote me in, less than 2 months, naira has gone down drastically as if they are searching for oil well.
This man just scam the gullible Nigeria, I knew it will come to this, someone that left power almost 30 years ago and refuse to update/upgrade himself academically, even low OBJ that has nothing to offer again still went to NOU to acquire degree. No organisation ever gave this d.ullard man any award for any good thing he has done, the only people that ever recognise him was boko haram that chose him to be their spoke man to negotiate with FG then when FG ask then for amnesty, that alone shows that this fraudster is highly connected with this same boko haram people. Check out the certificate saga then, up till now nothing happen, the useless people supporting him started saying even if he present Nepa bill or see thief-nubu robbing central bank, we will still vote for him, oya moona enjoy una change, all the things people criticise GEJ for, this useless illiterate d.ullard man has done it and even more than that. Enough said for now.

Lastly, whoever is the mod that ban me for 3 days for calling this illiterate man Dullardiinho is sick and should check him/herself, well I'm back now, and I will continue to call him Dullardiinho. BAN ME MOD. Hypocrite and bias mod.

Calm down bro! just take it easy with these hypocrites! Only time shall tell
Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by mikolo80: 12:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
somebody needs to do sontin about this emefiele character

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by Moheat(m): 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
989900:

Obviously, people (I included) want fast changes. Even though we know it might take some while . . .

We are watching, my support for the President was borne out of GEJ administration's gluttony, recklessness, cluelessness, and unlimited corruption. And by God's grace, or anything we individually believe in, if by 2019, Buhari has not checked the aforementioned, we will change the changer!
#PVCforthewin

You think it would be that easy to vote out PMB come 2019 should he falls short of you people's expectations? Have you pondered on why PMB was so interested in who takes over from JEGA to the extent he had to replace Wali within 24hrs? Mr. Man if you think your PVC can vote out PMB come 2019 you are sitting on a long because plans have been perfected

1 Like

Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by 989900: 1:01pm On Jul 07, 2015
Moheat:

You think it would be that easy to vote out PMB come 2019 should he falls short of you people's expectations? Have you pondered on why PMB was so interested in who takes over from JEGA to the extent he had to replace Wali within 24hrs? Mr. Man if you think your PVC can vote out PMB come 2019 you are sitting on a long because plans have been perfected

Your opinion -- you'r entitled to it.

For your info though;

1. Wali was not the most senior.

2. Wali is almost a career politican . . . PDP thru and thru.
Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by Brownhypo: 3:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
onatisi:
the most annoying thing is no matter the number of deaths or victims . Grandpa just keeps quiet and says nothing as if nothing happened. One person was. Killed in france and the president left the eu summit and rushed home. Each time there is a shooting in the usa ,obama always makes a statement condemning the act and telling the american ppl to be on guard. But in grandpa case ,anytime he hears 42 or 97 ppl killed by boko haram , he just nods his head and continue playing hide and seek with his cows . Naija is in real deep shit . Next time ppl will open their brains and eyes before voting
exactly , my brother...
Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by wearerelated: 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
The Naira is like a pipe with hundreds of holes being blocked from flowing. The leakages will surely take over the function of the water sippage. To think that the water will sit still is not only impossible, but dumb.

The Naira will rise further. Because the same CBN that ought to support the commercial banks who ought in turn support local businesses have failed in that regard, and now that the economy has become import dependent; CBN now wants to stiffle the purchase of the things that have become like food to our very existense.

Now is the time to correct the errors of the past. All arms of government need to agree to work for this common purpose - Nigeria needs to be more internally dependent on its own production might.

The people that matter better support this for their good too!

Else, we all will be history soon! or we are already!!
Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by Deffi(m): 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
boboLIL:
l0ls..... Na pure 0ne chance.... B00hari na driver,,,, 0sibanj0 na c0nduct0r....

We n0 de hear sai baba again.....weaklings

SHADAP THERE!!!
Do you think we have short memory like you.
IS IT NOT YOUR "FAILED PRESIDENT" G.E.J. THAT EMPLOYED EMEFIELE AS CBN governor AND INSTRUCTED HIM TO DEVALUE THE Naira IN DECEMBER/JAN?
WHEN HE SACKED A MORE PRUDENT MANAGER OF OUR BANKING IN EMIR SANUSI, I KNEW THERE WAS ALWAYS GOING TO BE THIS PROBLEM.
NOW D Naira IS IN a FREE-FALL. NO THANKS TO CLUELESS JONATHAN AND G.EMEFIELE(The De-valuer) . And you want corruption-free President M.BUHARI TO PERFORM ABRACADABRA ABI!!!!!

OTUOKE! MTCHEWW.

Instead of this fellow to gather round our new administration, he is still tied to the apron strings of a failure!!!

SAI BABA. Continue Sir, we are solidly behind you. At least you were straightforward enough to admit that Nigerians' expectations were too much. But may Almighty God give you more strength Sir, President and Sir, Vice President.

Sai Baba.

God bless my PRESIDENT! Amen!

Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by simo4real(m): 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
boboLIL:
l0ls..... Na pure 0ne chance.... B00hari na driver,,,, 0sibanj0 na c0nduct0r....

We n0 de hear sai baba again.....weaklings

Sai Buhari!!! grin grin grin
Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by tsdarkside(m): 6:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
boboLIL:
u are n0w m0cking him 0h.......sai baba 0ne chance

look...i dont even worry that much about buhari,,,when he fail us in 4 years,then we dont vote his party no more!!!

Our slogan now in Nigeria is `PERFORM OR BE VOTED OUT`

we still have....

AA,ACPN,AD,ADC,APA,CPP,HDP,KOWA,NCP,PPN,UDP,UPP

let the best party with the best candidate win!....
Re: Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens by tsdarkside(m): 9:44am On Jul 09, 2015
Pelmet:
GEJ's govt had a lot o' flaws, but I give him the credit o' restoring other areas o' revenue generation asides oil. Agriculture waS at its peak, the ban on furniture and textile was doing a great job to resuscitate these industries home based. GEJ did a great job and if corruption and bokoharam were to be excluded, he was a perfect president. Mho

you could be right...i liked jonathan once....but i am very disappointed how he handled chibok...if you think about it,this is the only issue i have with jonathan....nothing else..... undecided undecided undecided

the black-woman is to be defended at all cost...she went through enough...give her a break!!!.... angry angry angry angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

TSA Freezes Interbank Market, Bank Transactions FROZEN!! / POS Stamp Duty: FG Reviews 50 Naira To Transactions Above 10 Thousand Naira / Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.