Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan (19800 Views)

Important Things To Remember When Choosing A House Floor Plan / Get Any Floor Plan For Free HERE / My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 2:19pm On Jul 07, 2015
To all DIY guys in the house, Im about to use my Engineering Drawing skills to draw my own plan of my permanent residence in PHC,mind you it will be in stage
Content:2 units of two bedroom flat+2 units of 1 bedroom flat and a 4 bedroom duplex
Ground floor
1x2 bedroom flat,1 master room with en suit
1x1 bedroom flat
plus ground floor of the duplex with living room+guest toilet+kitchen+dinning room+store room
Guys just remember Im no pro,Im just using my knowledge of Engineering drawing to do this hope it works, suggestions are more than welcomed plz
Ok I shall start with the 2 bedroom ground floor,then one bedroom ground floor the ground floor of the Duplex
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by troubleshooter: 2:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
Oya upload & let me critique it. *warning* .....I'm wt my guns blazing.......just don't do rubbish

1 Like

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 2:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
troubleshooter:
Oya upload & let me critique it.
*warning* .....I'm wt my guns blazing.......just don't do rubbish
ahaha a no worry but warning it's a free hand sketch
here goes the first 2 bedroom

1 Share

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 2:43pm On Jul 07, 2015
Ok here goes the ground floor 1 bedroom flat with stair case attached

1 Share

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by Femonjay(m): 3:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
God will help.

1 Like

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 4:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
ok the Ground floor of the Duplex, plz guys I need your suggestion as to any adjustments

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2015
Final Grond floor Plan, plz guys you are more than welcomed to criticize it and any sugestion is welcomed.

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 5:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
ok I think for the 1st floor I should just leave the 2 bedroom and the one bedroom out of it as it is going to remain thesame, the only part that is going to be diffrent would be the 1st floor of the Duplex as it contains 3 rooms all ensuit.

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by mufutau55(m): 3:29am On Jul 08, 2015
I could not do any better than this, but I am sure our Architects in the house and the Archie that will finish it for you may make more suggestions.
On the Upper Floor of the Duplex, why not make that Verandah to link with the empty space and make the whole area a Private Lounge.. you can put a large window on the side to be able to still look out like a verandah....

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 9:02am On Jul 08, 2015
mufutau55:
I could not do any better than this, but I am sure our Architects in the house and the Archie that will finish it for you may make more suggestions.
On the Upper Floor of the Duplex, why not make that Verandah to link with the empty space and make the whole area a Private Lounge.. you can put a large window on the side to be able to still look out like a verandah....

Hajji M.
I think I'm going to take your advice.make it look like a lounge there.will re draw it and post
thanks a lot bro. I'm going to do exact that.I can have a private lounge there.
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by phiszo(m): 11:08am On Jul 17, 2015
erico2k2:
Final Grond floor Plan, plz guys you are more than welcomed to criticize it and any sugestion is welcomed.
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by podosci(m): 11:18am On Jul 17, 2015
There are no dimensions..... Please include dimensions for better critisizim grin
If you are familiar with Revit architecture, it would make it easy to modify the floor plans after any suggestions, I would suggest you draw the plans with revit architecture or I can assist you
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
podosci:
There are no dimensions..... Please include dimensions for better critisizim grin
If you are familiar with Revit architecture, it would make it easy to modify the floor plans after any suggestions, I would suggest you draw the plans with revit architecture or I can assist you
ok will do so.Im using basic google sketch
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by podosci(m): 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
Can you use revit?
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
[quote author=phiszo post=35960873][/quote]
guy what says you grin grin grin
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by abouzaid: 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
not meaningful criticism until we see the dimensions but that ur floor plan would surely get very negative criticisms from me, if you wait a few weeks i can redraw it for u because I'm currently tied up with something else. anyway u tried for a novice
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 10:15am On Jul 18, 2015
podosci:
Can you use revit?
ok if I can get my hands on it shall learn how to use it.I will try that on Sunday as I'm less busy then.
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 10:16am On Jul 18, 2015
abouzaid:
not meaningful criticism until we see the dimensions but that ur floor plan would surely get very negative criticisms from me, if you wait a few weeks i can redraw it for u because I'm currently tied up with something else. anyway u tried for a novice
no problem I will somehow put the dimensions on.
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by podosci(m): 10:23am On Jul 18, 2015
Download video tutorials and you are good to go....
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 12:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
podosci:
cool man will do that.

1 Like

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2015
podosci:

1 Like

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 9:48pm On Jul 19, 2015
this cr ap wont download
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 12:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
Ok this is a copy of where the house gonna stand.
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by NaijaFutbol: 2:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
following very closely!
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by DerrickM(m): 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2015
Bro,I admire your tenacity in your DIY attempt but I'll tell you engineering drawing and architecture aren't the same. I did T.D and went on to actually study architecture. So you wouldn't want someone encroaching on your field of expertise would you*lol*I don't think so. When it is time to tender working detailed drawings for approval do you think them drawings will make the cut especially if you don't draw the sections correctly,septic/soakaway details correctly and get structural drawings for it also since it goes up to the 1st floor. Well,am using Lagos experience dunno how things are done in PHC but all the best,cheers...

erico2k2:
Ok this is a copy of where the house gonna stand.
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 9:50pm On Jul 28, 2015
DerrickM:
Bro,I admire your tenacity in your DIY attempt but I'll tell you engineering drawing and architecture aren't the same. I did T.D and went on to actually study architecture. So you wouldn't want someone encroaching on your field of expertise would you*lol*I don't think so. When it is time to tender working detailed drawings for approval do you think them drawings will make the cut especially if you don't draw the sections correctly,septic/soakaway details correctly and get structural drawings for it also since it goes up to the 1st floor. Well,am using Lagos experience dunno how things are done in PHC but all the best,cheers...

thanks for your impute, like I said at the begining, Im using my Engineering drawing skills to put in picture what I want my house to look like,what you see up there is the actual floor plan,the structural ,electrical and all other drawings would be done by a good friend of mine,Im still doing up the legnth and breth of it so we can draw it properly with required software.Im trying to see if there is a beter positioning of rooms in the internal structure.Do you get where Im coming from?

2 Likes

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by DerrickM(m): 12:44am On Jul 29, 2015
Crystal clear,now I fully understand and all the best,cheers...

erico2k2:

thanks for your impute, like I said at the begining, Im using my Engineering drawing skills to put in picture what I want my house to look like,what you see up there is the actual floor plan,the structural ,electrical and all other drawings would be done by a good friend of mine,Im still doing up the legnth and breth of it so we can draw it properly with required software.Im trying to see if there is a beter positioning of rooms in the internal structure.Do you get where Im coming from?

1 Like

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 10:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ok since I'm waiting on putting figures on the dimension of the floor plans.I discovered I had time so started basic works

1 Like

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 12:10am On Aug 02, 2015
Ok great stuff plan got approved
after loads of arm twisting.

1 Share

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by Nobody: 2:20am On Aug 02, 2015
erico2k2:
Ok since I'm waiting on putting figures on the dimension of the floor plans.I discovered I had time so started basic works

Dimensions and price of the solid blocks, por favor el maestro.
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 10:15am On Aug 02, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Dimensions and price of the solid blocks, por favor el maestro.
whats the meaning of what you just wrote, i got no clue bout what you talking about guy.
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 02, 2015
erico2k2:

whats the meaning of what you just wrote, i got no clue bout what you talking about guy.

What is the price of the block and its dimension?

Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Masters Energy Filling Station On Fire in Aba / Richard Nyong Detained At Panti Over Building Collapse / How We Built "The Coffee Shop"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.