Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,449 members, 7,958,345 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:47 PM

The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan (20314 Views)

Important Things To Remember When Choosing A House Floor Plan / Get Any Floor Plan For Free HERE / My Ikorodu Mansion; The DIY Report. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 11:27am On Aug 02, 2015
EgunMogaji:

What is the price of the block and its dimension?

Thanks.
Ok I get yah, well I'm making my own Block, Im making 6 inches solid at 35/bag, the rains at PH is a set back at the moment though.As for cost, I managed to get some guys who agreed to N900/Bag that's including stacking.
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by gabbytabby: 6:41pm On Aug 04, 2015
Probably too late now but everything else seems to work except the lower floor of the duplex. 4 doors into the kitchen means difficulty with positioning of appliances and cupboards. Also the location of the toilet/bathroom does not sit well somehow.
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 7:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
gabbytabby:
Probably too late now but everything else seems to work except the lower floor of the duplex. 4 doors into the kitchen means difficulty with positioning of appliances and cupboards. Also the location of the toilet/bathroom does not sit well somehow.

Nah bro, the kitchen has just two main doors and one store door, one from the dinning room, the other to go out to the back of the building and the third leads to the store room.As for the toilet in the ground floor, I try to use it as visitors loo as well, don't want no one going upstairs and if I make the ground room en-suit, it means I have to still build another toilet for visitors and end up with plumbing in front of the house something I'm keen to avoid.So given these new impute do you still think I needed more adjustments?
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by gabbytabby: 1:20am On Aug 05, 2015
erico2k2:

Nah bro, the kitchen has just two main doors and one store door, one from the dinning room, the other to go out to the back of the building and the third leads to the store room.As for the toilet in the ground floor, I try to use it as visitors loo as well, don't want no one going upstairs and if I make the ground room en-suit, it means I have to still build another toilet for visitors and end up with plumbing in front of the house something I'm keen to avoid.So given these new impute do you still think I needed more adjustments?

I am looking at version on Aug 2nd so dinning, store back to toilet and veranda. The main issue is making sure you have enough space for your appliances and cupboards. Do you really need one to the toilet area?

I can see why the toilet is where it is just that your visitors will have a long walk from the bathroom when they shower.

1 Like

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by sako28: 8:00am On Aug 05, 2015
Bro thanks for this tread. I will like to use ur molder pls. I made my blocks too in PHC around March this year paid 700/bag and had to look for another person to stack which wasn't easy to find and was more expensive at the end. With 900/bag including stacking I will be glad to use them for my project.

Thanks

erico2k2:

Ok I get yah, well I'm making my own Block, Im making 6 inches solid at 35/bag, the rains at PH is a set back at the moment though.As for cost, I managed to get some guys who agreed to N900/Bag that's including stacking.
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 05, 2015
Call for your Aluminium windows @ Perfect Touch Aluminium . Tel;08153665659,08067079715. Thanks
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 10:24am On Aug 05, 2015
sako28:
Bro thanks for this tread. I will like to use ur molder pls. I made my blocks too in PHC around March this year paid 700/bag and had to look for another person to stack which wasn't easy to find and was more expensive at the end. With 900/bag including stacking I will be glad to use them for my project.

Thanks

Not a problem. I learnt to do both from my past project, its quicker and cost effective, that's if you are molding.
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 10:53am On Aug 05, 2015
gabbytabby:

I am looking at version on Aug 2nd so dinning, store back to toilet and veranda. The main issue is making sure you have enough space for your appliances and cupboards. Do you really need one to the toilet area?

I can see why the toilet is where it is just that your visitors will have a long walk from the bathroom when they shower.
hmmm angry angry, well you got a point there, my reservations where, if Madam &co is cooking in the kitchen and feels a burst, they can just go fru that door and do number 1 instead of climbing upstairs to the loo.as for if there is enough space ie gangway ,the kitchen is quite spacious, the entire leghnt is 4.8m and the width is 3.4m, the work top and cupboard plus fridge and freezer wont poke out more than 0.64 aprox 2ft,I checked standard kitchen sink is 0.60m that takes away 1.2m of gangway. we get 2.2m aproxx 6' 7" for space I think that's big enough,as for where things are going to be,I live that to you know who,kitchen manager grin grin grin she is in charge of that design.
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by sako28: 1:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
erico2k2:

Not a problem. I learnt to do both from my past project, its quicker and cost effective, that's if you are molding.

Thanks, u will not believe that to arrange and stack the block alone I spent close to 40k. Was not happy abt it. So I made up my mind not to use that arrangement again. The bargain u have is just perfect.

1 Like

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 5:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
sako28:

Thanks, u will not believe that to arrange and stack the block alone I spent close to 40k. Was not happy abt it. So I made up my mind not to use that arrangement again. The bargain u have is just perfect.
yep, what part of PH is ur site at?
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by sako28: 9:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
erico2k2:

yep, what part of PH is ur site at?

Agip estate via chida.
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 9:40pm On Aug 05, 2015
sako28:

Agip estate via chida.
Ok wen these guys finish,I shall pass you the details,they are at Obiakpor near the fly over on the east west rd working for at least 3 weeks for me.
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 9:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
who can tell me howmany bags of cement needed to do this German floor?

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by sako28: 6:26am On Oct 09, 2015
erico2k2:

Ok wen these guys finish,I shall pass you the details,they are at Obiakpor near the fly over on the east west rd working for at least 3 weeks for me.

Bros,

Your block moulders are they available now. what is their rate for 6 and 9 inche respectively with staking of the block together. Hope to mobilise them by 20th Oct.

Thank you
Segun
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by kenazuu(m): 8:34am On Oct 09, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Dimensions and price of the solid blocks, por favor el maestro.

Did mine in Ibadan using block molding machine 34 blocks per bag of cement @ N1000 (6 inch)

I only pay for labour. did the supply of sand and cement.

1 Like

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by Dieumerci(m): 8:45am On Oct 09, 2015
Pls what's the best way to get a building plan approval in Lagos for a bungalow.
DerrickM:
Bro,I admire your tenacity in your DIY attempt but I'll tell you engineering drawing and architecture aren't the same. I did T.D and went on to actually study architecture. So you wouldn't want someone encroaching on your field of expertise would you*lol*I don't think so. When it is time to tender working detailed drawings for approval do you think them drawings will make the cut especially if you don't draw the sections correctly,septic/soakaway details correctly and get structural drawings for it also since it goes up to the 1st floor. Well,am using Lagos experience dunno how things are done in PHC but all the best,cheers...

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 3:55pm On Oct 10, 2015
Dieumerci:
Pls what's the best way to get a building plan approval in Lagos for a bungalow.
I hope those with the know how answer yoy quickly
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 8:22pm On Dec 12, 2015
Ok I'm on ground getting ready to tear shit down angry grin
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by Demainman1: 8:00am On Mar 05, 2016
Nice
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 9:33pm On Apr 05, 2016
Demainman1:
Nice
thanks,we have since progressed, check the house on here
https://www.nairaland.com/2804484/diy-construction-house-ph
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by HOLAROCKDAY(m): 9:39am On Apr 12, 2016
erico2k2:
who can tell me howmany bags of cement needed to do this German floor?
base on calculation 6bags of cement cost 1 cubic meter therefore summing the two panels together equal to 340.8625m²
multiply by 6 equal to 2045.175
Therefore 2045bags of cement will do DAT work bobo
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2016
HOLAROCKDAY:

base on calculation 6bags of cement cost 1 cubic meter therefore summing the two panels together equal to 340.8625m²
multiply by 6 equal to 2045.175
Therefore 2045bags of cement will do DAT work bobo
Hmmm far frm it.2 much I shall dig out figures for exact amount of bags used.
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by HOLAROCKDAY(m): 6:49pm On Apr 12, 2016
erico2k2:

Hmmm far frm it.2 much I shall dig out figures for exact amount of bags used.
will b waiting
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by Nobody: 12:56am On Apr 13, 2016
HOLAROCKDAY:
will b waiting

2000+ bags of cement?
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by HOLAROCKDAY(m): 6:38am On Apr 13, 2016
GODAKPAN:

2000+ bags of cement?
meaning of 2000+ , u ask total bags of cement DAT complete the oversite concrete. plsss ur calculation to prove ur answer and more over b specific notin like 2000+.
I will b waiting .........
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 13, 2016
HOLAROCKDAY:
meaning of 2000+ , u ask total bags of cement DAT complete the oversite concrete. plsss ur calculation to prove ur answer and more over b specific notin like 2000+.
I will b waiting .........
was only asking if you meant over 2000 bags of cement, sorry if I offend you oooo, am only trying to learn. mbok.
2k bags? haba naw!
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 2:56am On May 22, 2016
HOLAROCKDAY:
will b waiting
ok I managed to dig it out
82 bags of cement
mix ratio 10 sand +10 granite+1 bag

1 Like

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by HOLAROCKDAY(m): 6:23pm On May 22, 2016
erico2k2:
ok I managed to dig it out 82 bags of cement mix ratio 10 sand +10 granite+1 bag
ur calculation pls
Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 10:11pm On May 28, 2016
HOLAROCKDAY:
ur calculation pls
None, I just counted the numbers of bags I used.

1 Like

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by earthrealm(m): 5:11pm On Jun 03, 2016
erico2k2:

None, I just counted the numbers of bags I used.

TH E ERROR IN HOLAROCKDAY CALCULATION I THINK IS HE USED ONLY CEMENT, FORGETTING TO FACTOR IN SAND AND GRANITE.
LEMME DO SOME MATHS SINCE U USED 10:10:1 RATIOM TOTAL IS 21, AND CEMENT IS ONLY 1 SO SIMPLY DIVIDE 2045 BY 21 = 97.
ITS ABOVE THE 82 BAGS USED BY OP, COS OF WATER, WATER ACTUALLY TOOK THE VOLUME/SPACE OF 10+ BAGS OF CEMENT

1 Like

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by erico2k2(m): 11:44am On Jun 04, 2016
earthrealm:

TH E ERROR IN HOLAROCKDAY CALCULATION I THINK IS HE USED ONLY CEMENT, FORGETTING TO FACTOR IN SAND AND GRANITE.
LEMME DO SOME MATHS SINCE U USED 10:10:1 RATIOM TOTAL IS 21, AND CEMENT IS ONLY 1 SO SIMPLY DIVIDE 2045 BY 21 = 97.
ITS ABOVE THE 82 BAGS USED BY OP, COS OF WATER, WATER ACTUALLY TOOK THE VOLUME/SPACE OF 10+ BAGS OF CEMENT
Great stuff

1 Like

Re: The DIY Drawing Of My Floor Plan by Timtol(m): 5:08pm On Oct 19, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gas Explosion In Filling Station In Ogun Kills 2 & Injures Several Others (Pics) / From Dream To Reality: A Brighter Future With Affordable Housing In Nigeria / The Anambra Modern Duplex Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.