Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,302 members, 7,954,202 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:08 PM

Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) (2305 Views)

Cabal Frustrates TSTV Launch In Nigeria, Threatens Its CEO, May Not Launch Oct 1 / AY's 10 Days In Sun City: A Review By Heromaniaa / Which TV Series Do You Think Is All Time Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Nobody: 1:33am On Jul 08, 2015
For me, when it comes to Action and the storyline...Half of the Yellow Sun was better

But the Props used in Oct 1 rocked but it was more of a drama

Or what do you guys think?

Opinions and constructive reasons please

Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Nobody: 1:37am On Jul 08, 2015
Am yet to watch oct 1. any link to d full movie
Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Ruq: 2:04am On Jul 08, 2015
Whoever funded the filming of half of a yellow sun should be shot. I have Oct 1 but yet to see it, cuz of this thread ima watch and get back.

4 Likes

Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by lanaVello1(m): 2:43am On Jul 08, 2015
October 1 preferably.....better storyline....its not every time we get to see such plots in nollywood. Oct 1 had more substance and was more thrilling

4 Likes

Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Blanc8(m): 4:31am On Jul 08, 2015
#
Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by adorablepepple(f): 5:41am On Jul 08, 2015
October 1
Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 08, 2015
Ruq:
Whoever funded the filming of half of a yellow sun should be shot. I have Oct 1 but yet to see it, cuz of this thread ima watch and get back.

Sure, he/she shld be shot, dis is one of d movie dat was overhyped. I really dd nt see any msg or lesson 2 b learnt frm dat crab cald half of a yellow sun, and 2 worsten it completely, it has a very bad and meaningless ending.

Check out OCT1, dat is what dey call movie, yu sure wnt regret watching it. Enuf msgs and lessons.

3 Likes

Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by sexymoma(f): 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2015
Give me October 1 anytime anyday...
I loooooooove that movie... I doff ma nyash for kunle abeg

2 Likes

Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by sexymoma(f): 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2015
Ruq:
Bros go watch am abeg... watched half of a yellow sun nd i was like "be like say e get part two" No sense at all
Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by dubylhover(m): 1:06am On Jul 09, 2015
i havent watched october 1st,but i already prefer it to half of a yellow sun..mehn that film was just dis organised..y genny fall her hands by acting minor inconsequential role na angry

3 Likes

Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by stonemind(f): 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2015
Pls any link to where I can download October 1
Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Abimbolaile(f): 1:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
Ruq:

Why should he be shot please?
Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
Abimbolaile:

Why should he be shot please?

Cos he wasted money he culd av used on charity on dat crab titled "half of a yellow sun"
Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Abimbolaile(f): 3:20pm On Jul 09, 2015
Jadonjack:

Cos he wasted money he culd av used on charity on dat crab titled "half of a yellow sun"

hmmm okay
Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
Jadonjack:

i don't think you have watched the movie before
Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Jayboy124: 11:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
Oct 1 is better.

HOAYS will be remade someday.

2 Likes

Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Brite100: 2:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
When I watched half of a yellow sun... Ai was like wdf.. Had to watch it again... It still didn't make any sense to me... Yet to watch Oct. 1st

1 Like

Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by joxxy01(m): 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2015
Watching Half of a Yellow sun, it reached a stage that i couldn't even understand the movie any longer...i had to Google the plot still yet it had no meaning..October 1 is just the Best.

1 Like

Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 17, 2015
prince3009:

i don't think you have watched the movie before

Tell me one thing you learn frm d movie. Jes one thing
Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 18, 2015
hmm let's see.

HOAYS; Acting- good not great
Storyline/plot-terrible
Direction-very mediocre
Production Values-ok at best

OCTOBER 1; Acting-ok
Storyline/plot-good but gets convoluted
Direction-impressive
Production Values-good but inconsistent. Scenes go from looking great to looking very cheap.

As for me, HOAYS is dogsh*t and OTOBER 1 is just there. Although i will take both to 30 days in atlanta anytime/day

2 Likes

Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 07, 2015
shockwave91:
hmm let's see.

HOAYS; Acting- good not great
Storyline/plot-terrible
Direction-very mediocre
Production Values-ok at best

OCTOBER 1; Acting-ok
Storyline/plot-good but gets convoluted
Direction-impressive
Production Values-good but inconsistent. Scenes go from looking great to looking very cheap.

As for me, HOAYS is dogsh*t and OTOBER 1 is just there. Although i will take both to 30 days in atlanta anytime/day

Your analysis seems to be the most logical by far

1 Like

Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
prince3009:

Your analysis seems to be the most logical by far
thanks man! I'm just being honest with my feelings toward those movies
Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Nobody: 2:56am On Aug 10, 2015
Half Of A Yellow Sun was such a terrible movie. I kept waiting for that scene that was going to blow me away until the movie ended and I was like 'That's all'?
Pure waste of time and money plus crappy acting.
Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Afam4eva(m): 12:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
The fact that most people here think that October 1 was a better movie is a plus for Nollywood. Half of a Yellow Sun is Hollywood right? I haven't watched October 1st but having watched HOAYS, i can't still remember where the plot was going. The movie was crap.

1 Like

Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Raalsalghul: 12:46am On Aug 11, 2015
October 1st is better than Half of a yellow sun, but still October 1st is flawed in some areas. However, both are far better than the crap fest called 30 days in Atlanta.

1 Like

Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Emmyk(m): 10:07am On Aug 11, 2015
October 1st. smiley

I've watched it countless times...

But I noticed some flaws.

1. The Prince shouldn't have wear his white suits while raping the ladies..... It killed the suspense/made people confused....

All the people I showed the movie always ask me while we watching together,

"But the Prince was not in town when the first case of rape was recorded"

The intelligent ones are like
"Maybe he sneaked into the town" Lol

2. The part where they went to Ropo's farm... I noticed something.

Half of a yellow sun is over hyped. undecided
Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Brimmie(m): 4:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
Emmyk:
October 1st. smiley

I've watched it countless times...

But I noticed some flaws.

1. The Prince shouldn't have wear his white suits while raping the ladies..... It killed the suspense/made people confused....

All the people I showed the movie always ask me while we watching together,

"But the Prince was not in town when the first case of rape was recorded"

The intelligent ones are like
"Maybe he sneaked into the town" Lol

2. The part where they went to Ropo's farm... I noticed something.

Half of a yellow sun is over hyped. undecided

The Prince was already in town before his official return.

Watch the Movie again.

HOAYS in one word.. Lubbish! undecided
Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Emmyk(m): 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2015
Brimmie:

The Prince was already in town before his official return.

Watch the Movie again.

HOAYS in one word.. Lubbish! undecided

Easy, genius, easy.

You didn't get my point.

The White suit he constantly wore whenever he r a p e d the ladies made you know he is the rapist, right? His back was shown in one operation.
When he killed that police officer he was even on same white suit.

Some people didn't observe this while they were watching the movie...so, they were still eager to know who the rapist was...the suspense was still there. When Aderopo killed the police officer, at this point, some people I played the movie for were confused...and they asked me
"Aderopo was not yet in town when two ladies were murdered."..even the Sergeant noted it at 1:43:00 of the film.

You only know he was in town before his official welcome because you noticed the same cloth he wore when the first two victims were killed.

In conclusion, if Aderopo had used different clothes during his operations, we wouldn't have known he had been in town for a while.... So, the suspense was not really there. It's a flaw to me.

Can't believe I typed this long sad

2 Likes

Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by sholay2011(m): 4:50am On Aug 13, 2015
Nice thread.

Having seen the two movies, October 1 is a quite better film IMO than HOAYS.

But I'm also a sucker for characters. I found the character of the missing sister (Kainene or so), that was never found, haunting. ..way after I saw HOAYS. Kept thinking of her fate...

Nothing particularly stood out for me in terms of the characters in October 1 like that...except maybe Aderupoko's comic supporting turn. This is not to say acting wasn't okay in 'October 1'.

I agree with shockwave91's analysis.

1 Like

Re: Half Of The Yellow Sun Vs Oct 1 (which Do You Think Is Better And Why?) by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 13, 2015
Raalsalghul:
October 1st is better than Half of a yellow sun, but still October 1st is flawed in some areas. However, both are far better than the crap fest called 30 days in Atlanta.

hahahahahahahahahaha. Come on now, don't be rude grin

(1) (Reply)

The Girls Next Door (playboy Mansion) On E! / First Comics Book Store Opens In Nigeria / Yoruba, Hausa Movie Channels Thrive On Dstv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.