Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" (6733 Views)

Vbhostnet.com Is A Scammer And A Fraudulent Web Hosting In Nigeria / Is VBHOSTNET.COM A Scam? / Vbhostnet.com The Worst Host EVER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by ibietela2(m): 3:45pm On Jul 09, 2015
egift:

It was the same search that produced VBHOSTNET the self acclaimed "best web hosting company in Nigeria" only for me to discover it is uploading your website into a leaking server.

Now what I want is a user recommended service based on personal experience. Any recommendation guys?

Try Asmallorange.com, DigitalOcean or linode, pagely, wpegine too expensive
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 09, 2015
Why go for a shared hosting and tomorrow you would start to complain , the problem here is that people like cheap hosting not minding other things.

well i would advise you to buy a managed vps or manage dedicated server and you would have rest of mind bro
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by Lastdon02(m): 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
naija host is a dead Trap
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by nihinlade(m): 5:11pm On Jul 09, 2015
Inexperienced guys are the ones talking as if it is only Nigerian hosts that are bad.

My advice for you is to do your research whether it is Nigerian or foreign host. Disappointment from foreign host is worst. That is my token of advice.
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by mpowa(m): 5:25pm On Jul 09, 2015
Sorry if this sound unpatriotic, most things Nigerian have the Nigerian factor, have the Nigerian headache, inconsistency and problems, you should've bought your reseller package abroad (USA or Europe), it will be CHEAPER and BETTER - but now I guess your only option is to start all over
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 09, 2015
When there are tons of reliable foreign Web hosting companies, with superior quality at very affordable rates, you chose vb"something something".

Anyway take heart, you've learnt your lesson.

I recommend Siteground
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2015
Godaddy.com and Bluehost.com are better alternatives.
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by hostkobo(m): 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
egift:
It has become very sad and painful, experiencing the gross disappointment of VBHostNET.com

1. To keep the long story short, 2yrs and 2months ago I migrated all my clients websites to http://www.vbhostnet.com - the idea was to have all my clients sites in a place, so I can manage them better. Little did I know that their so called "best reseller web hosting in Nigeria" was just another deception.

2. Just 6 days ago, all the cpanel accounts and the reseller account itself was deleted and the WHM recreated. All that is there now is a blank space. After many attempts to reach them, when they responded, they are telling that they did not even have a single backup for even a single cpanel account from dozens of accounts on that Reseller Account.

3. The vbhostnet.com guys will not pick my calls, respond to text. Or may take more than two days to respond to simple issues on Support Ticket.

4. When you go to their site, you will see "Unlimited" this and that, but when ever I pay for ads to drive a handful of traffic to my site, they will suspend the site and tell me that the little traffic have exceeded the limit. (Yet am on their Maximum Reseller Plan).

It has been a very bitter and sad experience with vbhostnet.com - Years of labour flushed down the drain. Am left with disappointed clients and over 25 websites to redesign.

They have even refused to refund the fee I paid last month.

Please guy, will any legal action be fruitful against a Hosting Company? What options do I have?

hello sir,

Im sorry for your loss, but dont loose hope coz there is always a better alternative. VBHost says they have their base in Benin City, I dont know where your own locale is, but going to Benin city to fight them might not be the best option you have at the moment......at least with your customers sitting on your head.

ps: do a google search for each website and capture as many screenshots as possible. You can recover some content which you can save as html documents, could make life easier later on.

If you are interested, I can provide you a better alternative, and even assist to redesign your sites...... im on whatsapp! details below
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by egift(m): 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
hostkobo:

hello sir,

Im sorry for your loss, but dont loose hope coz there is always a better alternative. VBHost says they have their base in Benin City, I dont know where your own locale is, but going to Benin city to fight them might not be the best option you have at the moment......at least with your customers sitting on your head.

ps: do a google search for each website and capture as many screenshots as possible. You can recover some content which you can save as html documents, could make life easier later on.

If you are interested, I can provide you a better alternative, and even assist to redesign your sites...... im on whatsapp! details below

Many thanks. Am still facing the option of going for other indigenous companies like whogohost/trudigits Or Foreign providers like Godaddy/Bluehost as have been suggested.

And there is this other decision like - get Shared Reseller for now OR wait a bit to get a VPS or even a Dedicated Server. But with the pressure from my clients, am looking for a provider that it will be easy to make a smooth migration to VPS.

Instead of working on new project I got, I now have to worry about the redevelopment of over 25 websites.

cry cry cry cry
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by jerrywool: 9:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
[size=18pt]VBHOST is a big scam. I had a similar experience with the scammer. My account was deactivated two months after it was created. my website deleted and I never got my N18000 back. He claimed a "malicious script is running on my server". As at the time i didnt know what that means but calls to him to get some of my money back fell on deaf ears. op, I am sorry that you think its a real company. Below is the guys photo. His name is Emmanuel Okaiwele[/size]

1 Like

Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by koolangel1(m): 10:16pm On Jul 09, 2015
egift:

Many thanks. Am still facing the option of going for other indigenous companies like whogohost/trudigits Or Foreign providers like Godaddy/Bluehost as have been suggested.

And there is this other decision like - get Shared Reseller for now OR wait a bit to get a VPS or even a Dedicated Server. But with the pressure from my clients, am looking for a provider that it will be easy to make a smooth migration to VPS.

Instead of working on new project I got, I now have to worry about the redevelopment of over 25 websites.

cry cry cry cry
bro .check VPS service and resellers package of www.webnamedomainhost.com
that's exactly what you need. webname domainhost is Nigeria branch of number one reseller company in USA and India. their servers are located in the two countries and they dominate hosting market in these 2 countries in particular.u are very secured with them.I personally have. been operating with them since 2008.check their packages features to see for your self especially d reseller
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by ibietela2(m): 10:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
egift:

cry cry cry cry

I knew you will still ignore me anyway Sai Buhari
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by ibietela2(m): 10:04pm On Jul 11, 2015
DigitalOcean or linode for vps unmanaged then get plesk control panel for $5+ depending on the number of sites you want to host. Or get a reseller hosting from Asmallorange.com so the burden of server management is not on you.

Continue ignoring me............

Sai Buhari
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by ibietela2(m): 10:06pm On Jul 11, 2015
Oh i heard siteground is good but I have not used it
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by PulseWeb: 10:19pm On Jul 11, 2015
finally...it made front page.
where is devloperhost...come and explain urself

1 Like

Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by ibietela2(m): 7:05am On Aug 02, 2015
Edaft egift how far have you gone

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Difference Does Web Hosting In Nigeria Make / What Is The Best Plugin I Can Use For A Download Page / How To Check The Last Time Google Bots crawled/indexed Your Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.