Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" (6738 Views)

Vbhostnet.com Is A Scammer And A Fraudulent Web Hosting In Nigeria / Is VBHOSTNET.COM A Scam? / Vbhostnet.com The Worst Host EVER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by egift(m): 1:48am On Jul 08, 2015
It has become very sad and painful, experiencing the gross disappointment of VBHostNET.com

1. To keep the long story short, 2yrs and 2months ago I migrated all my clients websites to http://www.vbhostnet.com - the idea was to have all my clients sites in a place, so I can manage them better. Little did I know that their so called "best reseller web hosting in Nigeria" was just another deception.

2. Just 6 days ago, all the cpanel accounts and the reseller account itself was deleted and the WHM recreated. All that is there now is a blank space. After many attempts to reach them, when they responded, they are telling that they did not even have a single backup for even a single cpanel account from dozens of accounts on that Reseller Account.

3. The vbhostnet.com guys will not pick my calls, respond to text. Or may take more than two days to respond to simple issues on Support Ticket.

4. When you go to their site, you will see "Unlimited" this and that, but when ever I pay for ads to drive a handful of traffic to my site, they will suspend the site and tell me that the little traffic have exceeded the limit. (Yet am on their Maximum Reseller Plan).

It has been a very bitter and sad experience with vbhostnet.com - Years of labour flushed down the drain. Am left with disappointed clients and over 25 websites to redesign.

They have even refused to refund the fee I paid last month.

Please guy, will any legal action be fruitful against a Hosting Company? What options do I have?
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by egift(m): 2:01am On Jul 08, 2015
Before I migrated To VBHostNET, I had serious concerns about security, consistency and the volume of Server Resources for my sites. Today, they have lost all the websites, despite it is clearly stated on their website they offer regular Remote Backup.

Attached is the email they sent to me with promises at the beginning. Today I have nothing left.

Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by eluquenson(m): 5:42am On Jul 08, 2015
So pathetic and your business with them became sour, do whatever you can do not to lose both fund and business.

That's why I don't trust Nigerian technology.

2 Likes

Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by egift(m): 6:57am On Jul 08, 2015
eluquenson:
So pathetic and your business with them became sour, do whatever you can do not to lose both fund and business.

Thank you.

It is so disappointing and painful.
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by DualCore1: 8:40am On Jul 08, 2015
I won't face your host service provider because its clear they lack the technical ability to be in the hosting business. It's a waste of time flogging a dead rat.

You, egift, how have you been going to sleep in the past 2 years knowing your entire sites are on a server in another continent, a server you do not have direct access to and one managed by an incompetent team...and you really didn't think it necessary to have your own backups?

Moving forward, I strongly advice you ignore anything any webhost tells you about their backup policy and make your own backups. It never hurts to keep your own backups. Its even better to be recovering a site from your own backups because you can't be sure your host's backups were not compromised in the same actions that led to the data loss in the first place.

The sooner we get to terms with the reality that making backups of our projects is primarily our responsibility (not the host, irrespective of their heavenly promises) the better it will be.

Backing up data is an expensive venture that rookies think they can cut corners and just keep the backed up data on the same server or on a different VPS container on the same server node. They are left with a single point of failure so when the server crashes, both the main data and the backed up data are gone.

As for legal proceedings, this is why there's nothing you can do because you already agreed that they could wipe away all your files anytime they wanted:

===================
Excerpt from VBHOSTNET's TOS
3. Backups

Your use of the service is at your sole risk. VBHOSTNET shall not responsible for files and data residing on your account. You agree to take full responsibility for files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on our servers

===================

6 Likes

Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by egift(m): 8:49am On Jul 08, 2015
@ DualCore1:
Thanks. The worst is that some of the sites are own by client who just bought hosting and designed an uploaded their content. Suddenly VBHOSTNET.com is saying everything is gone. Not even a byte of data left.

BTW, what better Reseller Provider will you recommend? Because without restoring my files, I see no reason I or anyone will continue uploading their files to VBHOSTNET.
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by DualCore1: 9:37am On Jul 08, 2015
egift:
@ DualCore1:
Thanks. The worst is that some of the sites are own by client who just bought hosting and designed an uploaded their content. Suddenly VBHOSTNET.com is saying everything is gone. Not even a byte of data left.
BTW, what better Reseller Provider will you recommend? Because without restoring my files, I see no reason I or anyone will continue uploading their files to VBHOSTNET.
I'm not in a fair position to make recommendations. I suggest you search Google for good host service providers. Make a list of about 5 of them and search Google again for the good and bad reviews of each of the 5.

1 Like

Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by egift(m): 10:52am On Jul 08, 2015
DualCore1:

I'm not in a fair position to make recommendations. I suggest you search Google for good host service providers. Make a list of about 5 of them and search Google again for the good and bad reviews of each of the 5.

It was the same search that produced VBHOSTNET the self acclaimed "best web hosting company in Nigeria" only for me to discover it is uploading your website into a leaking server.

Now what I want is a user recommended service based on personal experience. Any recommendation guys?
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by sapientia(m): 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2015
Egift.. Before this your thread is flooded by advertisers.. Let me recommend for you.

Dualcore runs a webhosting service.. But for reasons best known to him, he will not tell you.

I have 2 sites hosted with him and through me, most of my friends hosts their sites with his services n i have never recieved a single call of dissatisfaction from them.

I recieve mails days before any of his server upgrades and lots more..

When you go through his posts here on nairaland, you will discover he is an expert at what he does. He doesnt promise heaven and earth but he fulfills the promised ones.

He might not like been advertised but i have to.. He can force me to drink some bottles of beer and i dont care.

Just go to trudigits.com

Dont mention.. You are welcome
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by databoy247(m): 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2015
egift:

It was the same search that produced VBHOSTNET the self acclaimed "best web hosting company in Nigeria" only for me to discover it is uploading your website into a leaking server.

Now what I want is a user recommended service based on personal experience. Any recommendation guys?

If you are looking for a reliable webhost, i can recommend two options for you.

1. www.whogohost.com
2.trudigits.com

Dual core gave you some advise and from what he said you should have been able to pick his expertise from his speech. He wont tell you he runs one, because he knows alot of peeps will do that for him. His company is reliable and he knows it. What the heck, we all know it. Read excerpts below;

Slyr0x:
I use Trudigits and I have never for once experienced any downtime. .Infact, I currently host 3 websites with them and I've successfully converted more than 10friends of mine to using them. .

Another great thing about them is that they don't joke with their security. .

Trust me, If I get 100 web design projects today, I'm soooo sure Trudigits is gon host them all. .

Y'all should try them out today. . smiley

DualCore1:
What you call a limitation is what we call transparency.
Personally I am yet to see Seagate, Western Digital, Toshiba (and the rest) make Hard disks with unlimited storage capacity.
Until we start seeing hardrives with unlimited storage capacity in the market that are tested and proven, TruDigits will NEVER offer webhosting plans with unlimited storage space and hide under the guise of some phony terms of service. We are too decent and transparent for rough play. What you see is what you get.
Feel free to read more on this here: http://trudigits.com/wiki/index.php?title=Unlimited_hosting

Morrelinko:
Bin with trudigits Hosting since last year and i have to say that it should be on the africa's top 5 webhosts. Things to note from my experience...
1. Good customer care support. I give them thumbsup for that.
2. Payment is so easy.
3. If your site uses lots of server resources, don't go there. My first VPS account with over 40 sites always had its servers going down. I registered for another VPS, split the sites and so far has been ok.
4. This is one big reason i cannot go for a hosting outside nigeria.... I Remember the last nationwide protest that i could not withdraw to pay for my overdue payment... Trudigits postponed my grace period untill the protest was over...
Now, try this with hostgator... If i hear say they nor 'nack ur site akpako'....
From me, trudigits is a life saver. Just give it a try... Infact, Don't just give it a try, start parking now.

dexed:
Trudigits is a very good host, I've been using them for about a year nd 7 months. So far, I'm satisfied and would recommend them to anyone looking to host their sites. The support system is cool and you get more than you pay for. For about 19months that I've been with them I only experienced downtime once and it was for few hours before everything came back to normal. I host a site that has about 600+ users with them and none of the users has ever complained about accessing my site, in short hosting with trudigits is cool. I give them a rating of 4.8 out of 5

The list is endless....but i can boldly recommend trudigits or whogohost. Dual Core, you dey owe me beer oh, bw, where have you been?? grin
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by Nobody: 4:54am On Jul 09, 2015
This is my humble submission: never use any Nigerian hosting company if you are really serious about your business. I recommend bluehost.com reseller package.

3 Likes

Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by samintegrity(m): 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2015
u
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by fathomberry: 2:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
Following.

@OP, take a deep breath, you'd be fine.

Wish I Had something else to say, but I hope all Web devs. on here would learn a thing or 2 from this.
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by papaejima1: 2:45pm On Jul 09, 2015
Lol
Had same experience with syskay sometime ago. Lost all several sites. He simply told me I should have had my own backups.
Needless to say, I moved. My saviour was the fact that I always backup, but there was no remedy for clients emails that were lost.
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by victoreltemur: 2:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
egift:

in my own view,I tnk u shld never have used a NIGERIAN hosting site in the first place...
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by omenka(m): 2:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
egift:
Before I migrated To VBHostNET, I had serious concerns about security, consistency and the volume of Server Resources for my sites. Today, they have lost all the websites, despite it is clearly stated on their website they offer regular Remote Backup.

Attached is the email they sent to me with promises at the beginning. Today I have nothing left.
Bros so you sef na IT bardoo. Hmmm. I hail una oo. All these tins wey una dey yarn sound like people speaking Mandarin to me.

1 Like

Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by javijabor: 2:49pm On Jul 09, 2015
[size=20pt]Naija Hosts[/size].....SMH

Its good to be patriotic however, i don't think something like hosting should be done on a naija host for now.
Unless they are leveraging on a foreign host.

my 1kobo

1 Like

Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by gidiMonsta(m): 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
egift:

Why bother with all these reseller wahala? Spin up a droplet on DO, install VestaCP or any other nice CP script on your server and you're set! You get to define your own backup and security policy. Chikena!
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by egift(m): 2:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
victoreltemur:
in my own view,I tnk u shld never have used a NIGERIAN hosting site in the first place...

Just learning a bitter lesson. I understand server downtime, and few other periodical challenges. But the absence of Backup in totality is what pains the most. And some of the affected sites had been managed for years before migrating them to VBHOSTNET 2yrs ago.
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
Call me unpatriotic.

I would never use a Nigerian host any site.

I rather pay higher with foreign and reputable host and have peace of mind.

Imagine, they don't even have backup
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by wiringdpt(m): 3:02pm On Jul 09, 2015
try godaddy
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by bros12345: 3:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
My friend, you are responsible for your own backups. Its too cheap to leave it for anyone. It happened to Nairaland. Did you forget?
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 09, 2015
omenka:
Bros so you sef na IT bardoo. Hmmm. I hail una oo. All these tins wey una dey yarn sound like people speaking Mandarin to me.
cheesy
Same reason this thread has little comments despite the fact that it is on FP.

1 Like

Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by adadadon(m): 3:10pm On Jul 09, 2015
egift:
It has become very sad and painful, experiencing the gross disappointment of VBHostNET.com

1. To keep the long story short, 2yrs and 2months ago I migrated all my clients websites to http://www.vbhostnet.com - the idea was to have all my clients sites in a place, so I can manage them better. Little did I know that their so called "best reseller web hosting in Nigeria" was just another deception.

2. Just 6 days ago, all the cpanel accounts and the reseller account itself was deleted and the WHM recreated. All that is there now is a blank space. After many attempts to reach them, when they responded, they are telling that they did not even have a single backup for even a single cpanel account from dozens of accounts on that Reseller Account.

3. The vbhostnet.com guys will not pick my calls, respond to text. Or may take more than two days to respond to simple issues on Support Ticket.

4. When you go to their site, you will see "Unlimited" this and that, but when ever I pay for ads to drive a handful of traffic to my site, they will suspend the site and tell me that the little traffic have exceeded the limit. (Yet am on their Maximum Reseller Plan).

It has been a very bitter and sad experience with vbhostnet.com - Years of labour flushed down the drain. Am left with disappointed clients and over 25 websites to redesign.

Please guy, will any legal action be fruitful against a Hosting Company? What options do I have?
the same way a hosting company i used just went down, try Qservers or smartweb used em for 4 years now
You can sue them, putting the risk on you is not enough to waive them of all responsibility to you.
1 They carelessly failed to notify you adequately of the impending doom
2 Refund of services not provided
3 Their activities are tantamount to advanced fee fraud
Lesson be wary when choosing a Nigerian company.... but for a hosting company to put such an inexcusable disclaimer shows they are not ready to do business

1 Like

Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by victoreltemur: 3:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
daok:
This is my humble submission: never use any Nigerian hosting company if you are really serious about your business. I recommend bluehost.com reseller package.
bluehost? Pls how much is their unlimited plan?
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by Jencejyde(m): 3:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
Wow! @op that rather unfortunate but like dual-core mentioned....backup is not a policy, it should be a principle, a must.

I dunno if you have any enterprise web server management skills but saying you have 25 web clients then surely you need to start looking into solutions like digital ocean an co....as well as Linux server management training

You will feel a whole lot safer when you have your own managed server. And yes you can also host with trugdigits if you are not yet prepared to go down that line.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by egift(m): 3:20pm On Jul 09, 2015
victoreltemur:
bluehost? Pls how much is their unlimited plan?

What I just saw now is 200gb as their max. http://resellerclub.host/bluehost

Still searching though.
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by ibietela2(m): 3:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
egift:

Forgive me but........

Hahahahahabahahahahahah.
Hahahahaha Hahahahaha
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by ibietela2(m): 3:39pm On Jul 09, 2015
eluquenson:

These guys are resellers, you don't buy reseller plan from a reseller
Re: When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup" by ibietela2(m): 3:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
egift:
@ DualCore1:

Dude get a reseller plan from real hosting company or get a vps from DIGITALOCEAN, Linode

Bye.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full Tutorial On How To Avoid Facebook Account Ban On Newly Created Facebook Act / What Is The Best Plugin I Can Use For A Download Page / How To Check The Last Time Google Bots crawled/indexed Your Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.