Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Poop Volunteers Needed For Research Work! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Poop Volunteers Needed For Research Work! (505 Views)

Help! My Boyfriend Is In Love With My Poop / Volunteers Needed At Internally Displaced Persons Camps / UNBELIEVEABLE - Bill Gate Drinks Poop Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poop Volunteers Needed For Research Work! by agentzico: 3:41am On Jul 08, 2015
It was during my Forensic Botany discussion class yesterday that this idea came up. The lecturer was lamenting how people(most especially Nigerians) get so paranoic when it involves donating their ' natural assets' for research purposes or aid.

Take blood donation for instance. Sometimes, it takes inducements of cash or little grocery items like packets of milk, pastas and soft drinks to make them donate a pint of blood. This is even after knowing that their blood donation could save lives! Precious Human lives! In fact, most times, the inducements are accompanied with abeg (Nigerian pigeon english version of 'please....').

Now, you don't expect someone with such an overly suspicious mind to willingly volunteer his faeces  for research purposes. My faeces?  For what? No matter your convincing pleas and explanations of how advantageous their donation will further the cause of science..blah blah blah...you are on your own!

The average Nigerian man will imagine that you will use his poop for ritual purposes thereby hindering his progress or tampering with his destiny. Wow!

This was what my lecturer was complaining about. You hardly can find willing persons ready to give themselves up for scientific trials or research projects. Projects that have the potentials to positively change multitude of lives for the better. We should stop this mentality!

How do you know if your refusal to agree to be part of that research will not send many to their early graves? Don't you know that taking your time answer that 2-page questionnaire can help make a comprehensive statistics that could draw government's attention to a plaguing plight?
Its high time we changed our attitudes towards things that have potentials to contribute immensely and positively on humanity. We would really be the better for it I assure you.

Source:
http://agentzico..com/2015/07/poop-volunteers-needed-for-research-work.html?m=1
Re: Poop Volunteers Needed For Research Work! by agentzico: 9:41am On Jul 08, 2015
saintneo2:
Funny stuff, but how would people not be afraid when we have the orientation already?
My thoughts On Terrorism, Politics and Sports
You know, we Africans especially Nigerians are too "spiritually conscious". Almost everything na jazz..and we need to drop that mentality if we are to move forward.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Have To Say To This Guy? Pls Help………. / NNPC Must Die...by El-rufai / Discard All Conspiracy Theories About Boko Haram; See Educational Stats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.