Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad (22520 Views)

Fayose Wants To Kill Me- EKHA Minority Leader Hon Olugboyega Aribisogan / NASS Crisis: Dogara Group Concedes House Leader To Gbajabiamila Group / Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 08, 2015
AS the leadership crisis in the House of Representatives lingers, the former Minority leader of the House and preferred candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, for the Speaker position, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila has been accused of threatening to make the House hot when plenary resumes if he was not made leader.

But Gbajabiamila denied ever making such a threat even as he accused the Speaker’s camp of making such allegation.

He said he was a man of peace and believed people should learn to discus and not resort to violence.
The allegation against the APC adopted candidate for the Speaker who lost to Hon. Yakubu Dogara was made by Hon. Yunusa Abubakar Ahmad (APC, Gombe) in Abuja on Tuesday on a monitored AIT programme, tagged “AIT Parliamentary.”

While responding to a question put to him on the leadership crisis in the House, he claimed that a serving governor whose name was not mentioned had said that Gbajabiamila threatened to cause more havoc in the House if he did not emerge as the leader when the House resumes for plenary July 21st.

According to him, “A State Governor told me in confidence that Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila told him that if he is not made the Leader of the House, what happened on the floor of the House on June 25th will be a child’s play.”

The lawmaker who is a member of the Speaker’s camp also faulted the list of Principal Officers sent to the House by the APC leadership which could not be read by Dogara on the floor before fight broke out on June 25th which led to the adjournment to July 21.

He said the list was contrary to the spirit of federal character as it concentrated leadership positions on just two geopolitical zones of the South-West and the North-East.

He said, “If you look at the list that the party sent, Femi Gbajabiamila (Hon) South West) will be Leader of the House, Hon. Muhammed Tahir Monguno (North East) will be Chief Whip, Hon. Pally Iriase from South -South was given the Deputy Whip while Hon. Hassan Garba Ado-Doguwa (North West) will be Deputy Leader; which would have given two principal positions each to the South West and the North East.”

But when contacted to confirm the allegation, Gbajabiamila said, “I do no such thing. It must be story from the other side (Dogara camp). I am a man of peace and believe people should learn to discus and not resort to violence.

“Whoever did that obviously does not know me. No office or position is worth such threats. I will advice if you want to engage in investigative journalism, you ask whoever made such a comment to come out with who the threat was made to and when.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/gbajabiamila-threatens-more-violence-if-not-made-house-leader-hon-ahmad/
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by letsbet(m): 7:47am On Jul 08, 2015
He should act like the Hon he is and accept his lose. what happened in the house early this month is noting to be proud of so why trying to repeat it come july 21st?...#FTC... The hurstle pays off

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by 1bunne4lif(m): 7:47am On Jul 08, 2015
He's a noise maker i'll write down his name. I hate mouth action

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Pinocchioo(f): 7:47am On Jul 08, 2015
Na wa o, these people are jockers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 08, 2015
Pinocchioo:
Na wa o, these people are jockers
even basketmouth dey learn from them

26 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Olofintoto(m): 8:01am On Jul 08, 2015
Na im family title?

7 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by bonechamberlain(m): 8:06am On Jul 08, 2015
he can't do that, I expect him to deny. its a lesson to the southwest who were suffering from delusional psychosis, the north just gave them reality check

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by NDPVF(m): 8:07am On Jul 08, 2015
Am not a fan of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi,but he must be somewhat a prophet by making this statement;

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/yo...

http://gazeti.ng/yorubas-are-the-problem-w...

Quotable quote;
"They destroys anything that didnt favour them

Isn't it selfishness midwived by greed?.

23 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by ponleh(m): 8:08am On Jul 08, 2015
he is just all about the power

7 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by dunkem21(m): 8:08am On Jul 08, 2015
He won't do jack ..
..until the fullness of time grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 08, 2015
What else do we expect from someone who share in APC,Tinubu and the d.ullard gene?

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Candyrain(m): 8:13am On Jul 08, 2015
The guy is just a barking dog with no teeth to bite. Is the House Leadership his birthright? RUBBISH!!!

20 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by OkutaNla: 8:20am On Jul 08, 2015
You all just react to a headline without reading the news report itself. Did any of you criticizing Gbaja read his response to the accusation before abusing him? Makes one wonder if you guys even read the piece.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by magabounce(m): 9:06am On Jul 08, 2015
ok
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by weijuhn: 9:06am On Jul 08, 2015
better tell him to go seat, he needs to go seat, serious sitting self, find am chair grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by DankemzI(m): 9:06am On Jul 08, 2015
na im papa property?

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Niwdog(m): 9:06am On Jul 08, 2015
The battle of legislative independence part1

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by otijah(m): 9:06am On Jul 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by doublewisdom: 9:07am On Jul 08, 2015
Femi Gbajabiamila should shut up!
Infact in the fullness of time his constituency should call him back!
Nansence!

8 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Elslim: 9:07am On Jul 08, 2015
i support u sir
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by loomer: 9:07am On Jul 08, 2015
Everybody dey form man of peace.
Make una stop all these accusations and counter accusations, please move the country forward.
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by sdindan: 9:07am On Jul 08, 2015
APC and do or die political BLOOD

8 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by sexaddict08(m): 9:08am On Jul 08, 2015
mtwwww
Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by lion042(m): 9:08am On Jul 08, 2015
And he can not make Violence with Boko Haram? Mumu like him

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by kenedy175(m): 9:08am On Jul 08, 2015
And they call themselves "Honorables". What's honorable about that statement? There is no difference between our politicians and motor park thugs.

Instead of facing the main issues at hand, APC with there drama in NASS are at the center of the spotlight.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Bugatie(m): 9:09am On Jul 08, 2015
APC is a convergence of strange bed fellows...

God bless GEJ

12 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Adyrin(m): 9:09am On Jul 08, 2015
Is the HOR his inheritance?

I wonder W̶̲̥̅̊ђA̶̲̥̅t yhese ediots think of this country sef

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by msmon(m): 9:09am On Jul 08, 2015
.[size=17pt]I suppose he want to serve the people, must he kill himself to be become speaker. Toothless Dog [/size].

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Threatens More Violence If Not Made House Leader – Hon. Ahmad by Helkayklassic(m): 9:09am On Jul 08, 2015
Make dem pity am na give am something, dem no allow am be speaker they still no want give am house leader.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It Will Amount To Blasphemy If Nigerians Reject Tinubu – Yuguda / I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose / Obasanjo's Dance Moves At His 79th Birthday [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.