Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

What Buhari Led Government Owed Nigerians... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Buhari Led Government Owed Nigerians... (380 Views)

Is This The Tallest Nigerian Soldier? See What Buhari Did When He Met Him (Pics) / Reno Omokri Mocks APC Led Government / 16 Things Soludo Told Buhari-Led APC Government In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Buhari Led Government Owed Nigerians... by dbilliondollar: 8:33am On Jul 08, 2015
Since 1999 we have had different leaders who claim to be democrats , but the result, that is, the present state of the Nation is very contradictory to their claims.All they had were plans to transform the Nation,at least that was what they told us. The physical manifestations of their plans were just in their dreams.
Now that we just transited to another tenure. I will like to state that four years may seem long but in actual sense, it is very short.
We have had people ruled for ten years, eight years and so on. Today they are looking for every opportunity to come back and do what they had all the time in this world to do but didn't do.
Meanwhile, time is no more on our side as a Nation.Things are getting worse by the day. The new government promised us Change, and positive change is what we Nigerians want in every aspect of our National life. One good month is gone, we bless God for keeping us alive and we trust Him to see the remaining months.
To cut the long story short, the issue of National Security is more than paramount. One of this government manifestos is to combat terrorism to a stand still, in fact it's one of the major reasons most Nigerians voted for the APC. Today terrorists are striking more than ever. Government has been trying to look for other Nations to joint effort in fighting the insurgence, we need action,yes real and not anticipated action to bring an end to the cruel way these terrorists are shedding the blood of the innocent people of our great Nation.
Also, I want to categorically state that National Security entails creation of employment opportunities for teeming youths that are unemployed. Our Government should know more than ever that that idleness is the mother of crime which can pose threat to the peace of the Nation.
Also the Buhari led administration should ensure fairness and justice in the country. The way some highly placed maltreat and humiliate those who are not as privilege as they are calls for concern. It may be part of why rebels are rising.
Corruption must be fought squarely and radically too. The economy is grounded today due to heavy stealing of public fund. I mean some stole to the tune of several trillions in dollars, not in falling Naira. Government should fish these people out and collect all the loot and invest it into our economy for positive growth. The case of Nnamani has proved that some highly placed Nigerian have unrepentant minds to steal, properties here and there, accumulating liabilities instead of assets for selfish interest. There are so many likes of Nmamani, the present government should bring them to book to hand over their loots.
Again, the present day government must promote small and medium scale enterprises to make teeming Nigerian youths who cry over unemployment daily to choose entrepreneurship. We need stability in the power sector if people are to channel their strength to entrepreneurship.
The last point I will like to mention here its Religion. It does not matter whether the President is a Christian or a moslem. The Presidency and all our leaders must be neutral where religion is concerned. I'm not forbidden them from practicing theIr religion but they must be liberal in fulfilling their national assignment. After all, it took the effort of Christians, Moslems,Traditional worshipers even some pagans to bring them to power. Well, talking about Nigerian problems, one can use so many years talking, deliberating, analyzing and debating them because we have loads of them. All these will not bring us to an expected end. The only thing that can solve our numerous problems is action, action without compromise. It our desire that the new crop of leaders will see the opportunity the electorates granted them by choosing them above other contenders as the golden chance to make remarkable contributions in taking our dear Nation to an enviable height. My token for now, thanks for reading...
Re: What Buhari Led Government Owed Nigerians... by Bugatie(m): 8:36am On Jul 08, 2015
Make it simple, he just have to start with

Reducing $1 to 1naira,

Control world oil price,

Stop terrorism in 60 days(20 days to go),

And also make sure my younger brother who's still searching for job gets his 5k alert every month!
Re: What Buhari Led Government Owed Nigerians... by ModiKen(m): 9:04am On Jul 08, 2015
To the poster above me.....

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Claim He Is Not In Fight With Buhari / Headmaster Arrested For Impersonating EFCC & Police / New Government; New Contracts: Beware Of Fake Contract Mongers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.