Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) (58422 Views)

Swaziland's King, Mswati III Marries A 19-year-old As His 14th Wife (photo) / 21-Year-Old Jewell Jones Wins Michigan House Of Representatives Seat In USA / President Kim Jong-un Executes Minister For Not Sitting Correctly At A Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by nworanco(m): 9:46pm On Jul 08, 2015
coolluk:
Aint gat no chill

Do u know something funny, when people see a babe dressed skimpily in public, they say its the white mans culture, forgetting the fact that its the white niggas that even brought the conservative style of dressing to Africa in the first place

U are a novice stop claiming that u know more, okay!
The Egyptians, libyans, Ethiopians, malians, Sudanesse, chadians etc. had been dressing beautifully with different types of wools before the existence of Greeks talkless of the Romans nor the English.

They were dressing according to their own taste of dressing which is now called culture bcz of it long continuity.
Bear it in mind once more that civilization started here in Africa. Even the Greeks got education from the Egyptians.
Again before Joseph were sold to Egyptian merchant, Africans had been dressing with fine and quality wools.
Good moment.
Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by Nobody: 12:53am On Jul 09, 2015
macof:

no, I don't reside in a jungle, that's ur place; you're the monkey remember?

Macdonalds Is that what made you sell your birthright?
Come lemme lecture you on the benefits of Pounded yam and Egusi
Bwahaha... Tell me something about them,please. angry lipsrsealed
Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 09, 2015
zo3184:
Low self Esteem Nairalanders, they representing there culture that the white man lacked.
What is your problem with the white man? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by skyfullofstars(f): 1:05am On Jul 09, 2015
Acekidc4:
Is this for Real??

Wowwwww, this is indeed true. I just checked the source! I wonder whether is considered "formal" for the occasion...! Isn't there a dress code?

1 Like

Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by Okijajuju1(m): 1:39am On Jul 09, 2015
W
Lordave:
[b]Culture is not everything. Saudis? Is it that you don't know that most of the aspects of lives of the Arabs are being controlled by Religion? Religion is the reason Arabs dress the way they do, not culture.

Why do you like cherry picking the life of the white man to suit your purpose whenever you feel like? If we should not dress formally for official meetings because of culture, we should as well s discourage blowjõbs during sex cos it isn't our culture, we should stop going to church cos it isn't part of our culture, we should develop the Insibidi as a means of written communication, for only a man with inferiority complex would abandon his much old way of life for that of the white.

Are you more cultural or even religious than the Buddhist Chinese who sees the need to look humanly when attending such meetings?

Okija-juju iwu kwanu onye aghugho! English is for communication? Haven't we seen on this forum two Igbos conversing in English? How many Arabs have you seen discussing in English with their fellow Arabs?[/b]

A custom (also called a tradition) is any thing which lots of people do, and have done for a long time. Usually, the people come from the same country, culture, time or religion. If something is usually done the same way, you might say that is the "customary way" of doing things.

Culled from Wikipedia..

All the above stated all point towards a mans identity. That is why without seeing any label, just looking at that photo you can guess to a large degree of accuracy what tribe/region they are from.

So basically, separating religion from Customs and tradition shows you still don't fully grasp what Culture, customs and traditions entails. So what this means is that the Islamic religion which is part of the customs and traditions of the Arabs includes their dress code, food, language, etc.

Blow jobs cannot be talked about under customs and traditions as no culture I know of has a particular way, manner or style of having sexual intercourse. So basically that point is moot.

Church is a borrowed culture, same way what you term "formal attire" which is a suit and tie is borrowed. That is why no traditional ruler in Nigeria wears a suit.

Communication: the whole essence of communication is passing a message in a way and manner that the recipient would understand it, that is why in Nigeria the English Language is considered a second language and its second to your native language which is considered your primary tongue. We don't need to create a new language (written nor oral) because we already have one which is unique to us and is a part of our identity.

The only reason those men don't appear 'humanly' in your eyes is because you consider their attire inferior or not suitable to be seen outside their locality and you are very wrong.

Point to note: There is no dress code required for attending a United Nations Meeting. All participants are there to represent the interest of their people not to conform to the dress codes of the west. That is why most African Women at such meeting are dressed in their traditional attires, the Indians as well, the Arabs too and the Zulu people as well. Malala Yousifzai wore a Sari with a Hijab to address the UN and nobody said a darn thing. Ex-President John Kuffour of Ghana tied the Ghana traditional wrapper with a slippers to meet with the Queen of England.

I didn't say English is for communication, I simply pointed out that the reason we speak English is for communication which is me passing a message in a manner that can be understood across board irrespective of Tribe and tongue. That is why a Yoruba man in an Igbo language thread would not understand a thing and vice versa except he or she understand the language. That is why most nations even bring interpreters with them to these meetings.

I don't cherry pick anything. I am simply stating the obvious. Those Swazili men are not dressed that way because they came to look like clowns, they are are dressed that way because it is how Swazili people dress and they should not be made to be ashamed. If the meeting were a black tie event, then maybe you would have good grounds for your objection but unfortunately it isn't..

I rest.

Okija Juju...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by Mykelpato(m): 1:49am On Jul 09, 2015
grin I can zoom one white man wey put hand for jaw dey look them. He be like "Oh my God, is this Africa?

Lmao

1 Like

Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by Nobody: 3:09am On Jul 09, 2015
all4naija:

It is time you reason with your brain, bro. You are gradually turning into the monster you accuse them of. That doesn't speak well of an intelligent human being. Please, let be mindful of those people who are contributing to humanity positively than using few individuals using ignorant judgement to stereotype,oppress and hate others(be it white, black or yellow). To define a group of people from that perspective as you are doing here is absolutely absurd and completely incorrect. I am not going to support you in that plan. I am educated better than that.
BRAINWASHED FOOL. you claim to know but you are a DULLARD. learn and stop arguing. Free from MENTAL SLAVERY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by Okijajuju1(m): 10:43am On Jul 09, 2015
Akpobaro:
BRAINWASHED FOOL. you claim to know but you are a DULLARD. learn and stop arguing. Free from MENTAL SLAVERY.

So you no know say that guy Na mad man?

Continu.. grin Na you go tire.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by macof(m): 3:18pm On Jul 09, 2015
feldido:

I'm not saying one shouldn't promote/present his culture, but even in every culture there are attires for different functions, don't tell me those guys don't have modest cultural clothens/attires that covers their bodies?
if they dont like covering their body, should they pretend and act like westerners or you(maybe where you are from they cover up) when they are supposed to be representing their country(with its culture)?
please learn to respect people's culture
Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
Akpobaro:
F**k off, you twerp! You primitive human being! You are the brainwashed person here because you use what you go against in your daily life - a hypocrite! I think what fits you is Boko Haram the group that claims to hate western education but make use of western devices and equipment. Go f**k yourself, you barbarian!
Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
macof:
if they dont like covering their body, should they pretend and act like westerners or you(maybe where you are from they cover up) when they are supposed to be representing their country(with its culture)?
please learn to respect people's culture
cry cry cry cry cry. With people like you Africa will remain subjected to poverty, diseases and backwardness. You are just purely an ignorant and primitive human being in all capacity. You irritate me for refusing to learn!
Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 09, 2015
Okijajuju1:
W

I don't cherry pick anything. I am simply stating the obvious. Those Swazili men are not dressed that way because they came to look like clowns, they are are dressed that way because it is how Swazili people dress and they should not be made to be ashamed. If the meeting were a black tie event, then maybe you would have good grounds for your objection but unfortunately it isn't..

I rest.

Okija Juju...

Oh,yeah! Too many fools are loitering everywhere in Africa claiming to be smart when they cannot even invent a wheel in this modern age yet want to prove something. I hate it when you know your capacity and claim to be something else. Please, drop that sh!t of yours and there is nobody that is going to listen to that because most of us know what the reality is.

In Swaziland only few people dress like that. I don't know why you have to come around and start defending this ludicrous means to aggrandize backwardness and attract attention in a formal gathering as though it means anything to change the society. I have always look down on meaningless things which African take serious while they frown at important things as development, education and modern civilization.

It is sad though that Africans are taking the path of backwardness and wanting to be like the Arabs in their religious way of addressing every matter. These are the people known to be the originators of civilization in a compact form than any other yet today they are nowhere to be reckoned with in the scheme of things . The only palpable thing that makes Arabs better than Africans is that they too give rooms to foreigners to developed some of their infrastructure, if not, they would have be as worse as the dark continent citizens made up of primitive people who refuse to learn. That is a big shame on Africans in the 21st century trying to live like in the 13th century.
Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
all4naija:

Oh,yeah! Too many fools are loitering everywhere in Africa claiming to be smart when they cannot even invent a wheel in this modern age yet whan to prove something. I hate it when you know your capacity and claim to be something else. Please, drop that sh!t of yours and there is nobody that is going to listen to that because most of us know what the reality is.

In Swaziland only few people dress like that. I don't know why you have to come around and start defending this ludicrous means to aggrandize backwardness and attract attention in a formal gathering as though it means anything to change the society. I have always look down on meaningless things which African take serious while they frown at important things as development, education and modern civilization.

It is sad though that Africans are taking the path of backwardness and wanting to be like the Arabs in their religious way of addressing every matter. These are the people known to be the originators of civilization in a compact form than any other yet today they are nowhere to be reckoned with in the scheme of things . The only palpable thing that makes Arabs better than Africans is that they too give rooms to foreigners to developed some of their infrastructure, if not, they would have be as worse as the dark continent citizens made up of primitive people who refuse to learn. That is a big shame on Africans in the 21st century trying to live like in the 13th century.

Do you really want to address me?

I am sure you know me better than that and that I know your story. You still feel superior to Africans because your father slept with a white woman and gave birth to you.

I have told you that your problem is with God not me.
Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
Okijajuju1:

Do you really want to address me?

I am sure you know me better than that and that I know your story. You still feel superior to Africans because your father slept with a white woman and gave birth to you.

I have told you that your problem is with God not me.
Excuse me?! angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry
Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 09, 2015
all4naija:
F**k off, you twerp! You primitive human being! You are the brainwashed person here because you use what you go against in your daily life - a hypocrite! I think what fits you is Boko Haram the group that claims to hate western education but make use of western devices and equipment. Go f**k yourself, you barbarian!
BLIND MUGU! hahahhahhhahahhahha
Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:35pm On Jul 09, 2015
all4naija:
Excuse me?! angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry

Consider yourself excused..
Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by hahn(m): 5:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
all4naija:

I have always look down on meaningless things which African take serious while they frown at important things as development, education and modern civilization.

Its baffling honestly

The way an average African thinks is enough to stun even the most genius of minds. How can a country with so many natural resources be struggling with resolving basic infrastructural issues such as constant electricity, good roads, water, health care since it's 16 years of practising democracy.

We are truly moving without any direction nor destination

1 Like

Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by associateken: 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
When men refuse to learn, they learn in the refuse...says an adage. The high-tech central air-conditioning in that conference hall is already teaching those tribal warrant chiefs a bitter lesson...
Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by Fweshspice(m): 5:40pm On May 06, 2016
I dey bros and who are u
Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by Fweshspice(m): 3:51pm On May 16, 2016
RaDaZaBaNa:

lol spicyparker my Guy .how far naw ?? wetin do ur whatsapp..How BLFS??
fine bro buh who are you??
Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2017
coolluk:
Aint gat no chill

Do u know something funny, when people see a babe dressed skimpily in public, they say its the white mans culture, forgetting the fact that its the white niggas that even brought the conservative style of dressing to Africa in the first place

And funny how those "WHITE NIGGAS" who brought this "CONSERVATIVE STYLE OF DRESSING TO AFRICA are still they same advocating all kinds of IMMORALITIES today which Africans dared not to practice while they were 'NON-CONSERVATIVES. Very, very funny indeed.
Re: Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
associateken:
When men refuse to learn, they learn in the refuse...says an adage. The high-tech central air-conditioning in that conference hall is already teaching those tribal warrant chiefs a bitter lesson...

Ha-ha-ha-ha bitter lesson?! Na snow dey fall 4 inside the conference hall? Air condition...................demself don condition dem mind to suit the halls temperature.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) / – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian. / Uju Anya's Hateful Post On Queen Elizabeth II Death Condemned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.