Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,616 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm (70729 Views)

How To Get Best Hybrid Plantain Sucker/ Plantain Farm Management in Nigeria / Ogbomoso Plantain Farm Estate:Your Fastlane To Making Millions And Wealth / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 7:35pm On Jun 09, 2019
That Passat can carry 8-9 dozen....depend on how skillful u are in loading
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2019
Uses of Chemical to control weed..

Someone called me in respect of weed clearing, he said he has been using sum of 20k to clear his one acre farm every two months, it's this how he will continue spending such amount on weed clearing? In case you are in these situation with him, this is my reply to him...you too can apply the same method...

I told him to thank God for technology break through that led into discovery of herbicide....After has had done with initial manual method and he has planted his plantain without mixing any crops with it. subsequent weed should be treat with herbicide. All he needs to do is to buy spraying Tank.... This tank is of various size, 16ltrs or 20litres tank... Then he should look for water. He should fill the tank with water and buy any Glyphosate or Glyspring iake use of this chemical, other Glyphosate are also good oooh please don't miss quote me... If your tank is 16ltrs you make use of 2 full cups if it 20ltrs you make use of 3full cups. one litre bottle is enough for one acre of land depend on operator. This chemical sold for #1400 the price may varies from one location to another and due to exchange rate..But as at today that is price... See below image

This chemical can't affect your plantain but it will kill weed surround and it will control the weed for next two months.... You may not see effect of this chemical immediate but if you go back in next one week you will start see changes...

After few weeks and you notice there are stubborn week that refuse to die I will show you another chemical you can apply too in next my next post...

Feel free to call or chat with me on below mobile for more info on plantain farm and procurement of hybrid suckers
Tell: 08065987831
Email: msg4lekan@gmail.com
U can send your WhatsApp message to the same mobile

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by landclearing: 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2019
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by tomi2000: 6:30am On Jul 06, 2019
Am experiencing difficulty in clearing of weed in my farm...I discovered that there are some weed that are resistance to Glyphosate which other chemical should I use to get rid of this weed....I don't have money now to pay labourer...

I will glad to hear from you soon....
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by landclearing: 7:52am On Jul 18, 2019
With fleets of bulldozers, tractors and other agricultural implements at our disposal,coupled with experienced operators, we are here to solve the problem of land clearing and land preparation. We provide services nationwide
At Tracs N Crawlers global Ltd, we guarantee you a quality land clearing and land preparation service i.e plowing, harrowing e.t c
Contact us for your projects today.
Phone : 08125193014
Email : tncgloballtd@gmail.com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 7:46pm On Jul 24, 2019
As per chemical weeding...
In case you apply Glyphosate and you use it in appreciate proportion after some weeds and discovered that some weed are resistance to this chemical..what you need to do next is to mix chemicals.

You need to mix another chemical with Glyphosate. This chemical is call 2-4-D or Amino force....

How to mix this chemicals, what you need to do is to get your sprayer tank ready if it 20 litres capacity, fill the water with to 20 litres and add 2 full cap of Glyspring and add 40ml of 2-4 D and mix it thoroughly. Then spray it on the weed. You must try to afford this chemical not to touch your plantain it touch it can kill your plantain.
In a week time visit your farm and see the Wonder of these two chemicals....

Remember don't apply chemical on your plantain if less than 3months old...

For more info on how to apply herbicide or procure your Hybrid Plantain Suckers feel free to call below mobile or chat with me on the same mobile...you can also send email to email address below.
Tell: 08065987831, u can send WhatsApp msg to d same mobile....in case you call me and not available you can send me offline msg

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by PoWConsulting: 8:23am On Jul 25, 2019
FAST SELLING 500 Naira only for each manual

GET AGRIBUSINESS MANUALS INSTANTLY!!!PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!BUY FIVE, GET ONE FREE!!!

Purchase five of the following Business Manuals and get one FREE!!! You get to choose!

1. Manual on Cosmetics and Soap Production: How to produce 35 Soap and cosmetics products… Black Soap (Liquid and Bar), Detergent powder, Solid detergent, Liquid mSoap, Toilet Soap, Toilet Cleanser, Medicated Soap, Laundry Soap (Paste and Bar), Car wash Soap , Olive oil Soap, Anti-dandroff shampoo, Bleach, Toilet roll, Body Cream, Hair Cream, Hair Conditioner, Relaxer, Styling Gels etc.

2. Manual on Bakery, Pastries and Confectioneries: How to produce 28 products…Cassava bread, Plain bread, Wheat bread, Cakes, Meat pie, Doughnut, buns, Sausage roll, Scotch egg, Ice cream, Yoghurt, Cookies etc.

3. Manual on Fruit Juice and Drink Production: How to produce, preserve and package Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Zobo Drink and Palm wine Drink. This process technology will extend the shelf life of the products for more than six months!

4. Manual on Edible Mushroom Cultivation: The process technology for cultivating, harvesting, Processing and Packaging Edible Mushrooms. A great, Unique and Profitable Agribusiness.

5. Manual on Vegetables Farming: How to cultivate Ugwu leaf, Bitter leaf, Water leaf, Jute leaf, Shoko leaf, Dwarf pawpaw and Cucumber using the best cultivation practices, organic fertilizers and seeds

6. Manual on Cassava processing into Gari

7. Manual on Cassava processing into Odourless Fufu Flour

8. Manual on Cassava processing into High Quality Cassava Flour

9. Manual on Cassava processing into Industrial Cassava Starch

10. Manual on Cassava processing into Fermented Cassava Flour (Lafun)

11. Manual on Cassava processing into Adhesives from Cassava Starch

12. Manual on Plantain Chips Production, Preservation and Packaging

13. Manual on Instant Plantain Flour Production

14. Manual on Poundo Yam Flour Production, Preservation and Packaging

AND MANY MORE!!!

These manuals contain information on the best production practice, improved variety of seeds, best fertilizer for planting, best process technology from foremost research Institutes in Nigeria. It also contains practical photos of the processes, procedures, equipments and machineries, and source of these inputs (ingredients, chemicals, equipments etc) in Nigeria.

Contact our Agribusiness Investment Analyst on +2347039664655 for more information

WhatsApp: +2347039664655

Visit our Facebook page at Pillars of Wealth Consulting Limited for more agribusiness investment opportunities

Email: pillarsofwealthconsulting@gmail.com

Promo valid till July 31, 2019
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 7:13am On Sep 01, 2019
Liquid organic fertilizer
In case you are experience stunting growth on your crops and you have tried all means to put it in order why can you try liquid fertilizer. It work has prove very effective and easy to use.
You can try any of this either Boost Xtra or Agriboom see the pictures of the bottle below.

How to apply

You need to have a sprayer tank.
There are various sizes of sprayer tank. There is one of 16ltrs and 20ltrs. In case you are using 20ltres fill the tank with water and measure 300ml of liquid fertilizer on it, mix it thoroughly and start spray it directly on the crop leaves. Allow crop to absorb the solution before you move into another crop.

After 2-3 weeks you should have observe some change on your crops..
I have you this fertilizer and it proof to be effective that is why I can recommend it for you to use.
I am not seller or markers or any relationship with company sell this products.

Price
The price is subject to change at anytime. But as at today 1 litre bottle sold for #3500-#4000 in some area. While Agriboom sold between 1900-2000 naira.

For more info feel free to call mobile below on how to set up your plantain farm and how to procure your Hybrid Plantain Suckers....for maximum out put you can also call or chat with us on our WhatsApp mobile below.
Tell; +2348065987831
Send you WhatsApp message on d same mobile number..
Email; msg4lekan@gmail.com

1 Share

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 10:46pm On Sep 20, 2019
LABOR or Farm workers

This is one of major challenge in farm and you need to put this into consideration before you embark on farming. There is shortage of workers at onset of rain this is best period to plant your plantain and it coincide with period others crops planted too. At this period farmer will be busy on their own respective farm. Therefore you need to put in place workers to do the job for you.
In Nigeria I will strongly advise you not to make use of Yorubas and Igbos to do the job for you. From experience I have with them, I can’t recommend anybody to engage them. Although some of them are good but watch your back when dealing with them.
You can engage Hausa or Northerner boys to do the job for you. But their major challenge is that they can go back to North anytime without notify you and this can put your investment into jeopardize.
If you engage Cotonou boys, you bind them on contract, they collect their money annually. Some of them are thieves ooh, you need to be careful before you trust them with your properties. To get them try to contact any farmer closer to border of Nigeria and Benin republic, you will be link up with their agent.

Please do not over look this stage in your planning before you start farming. free coach on how to set up plantain plantation.

To procure your Hybrid plantain sucker feel free to call below mobile or send email,
+2348065987831.
whatsapp msg to same mobile
email. msg4lekan@gmail.com
www.plantainsuckers..com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 5:36pm On Sep 26, 2019
Selecting the site or farm land
The site should be easily accessible, especially if the establishment of a large field is being planned it should be well drained but not too sleepy sloped. Plantain cultivation is impossible if the land is become flooded from time to time or has water at a depth of only 50 cm or less. The soil should be rich in organic matter (black soil). Once the field is long natural fallow, under an improved establishment fallow or with a lot of mulch are recommended.

The best land for cultivation of cocoa is the for cultivation of Plantain. To identify the best soil for cultivation of plantain, the land must be virgin land, it should be full of trees, i mean big trees. and consist of black soil.

For more info feel free to call below mobile or visit my blog. You can call or send whatsapp msg to below mobile.

Telephone. +2348065987831
www.plantainsuckers..com
email, msg4lekan@gmail.com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 9:50pm On Sep 29, 2019
For Maximum out put you need TRIMMING OF LEAVES

Remove any old, dry leaves that hang down on the pseudostem (they can hide insects and larvae).
Do not cut the green leaves as they are essential for growing the bunches. Approximately 2 to 3 months after harvesting the bunches, remove all remaining shoots apart from two bayonet-shaped
shoots, one large and one small. Avoid weeds, dead leaves, pieces of pseudostem and other plant debris piling up at the base of the plantain plants, where they could provide shelter for the plantain root weevil or other insects and larvae.

By doing so you are improving the yield of your plantain.

For more info on how to improve yield on on your plantain farm, feel free to call below mobile or send whatsapp msg to the same mobile.
Tel. +2348065987831
email. msg4lekan@gmail.com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 2:25pm On Oct 01, 2019
TRIMMING OF LEAVES

To improve yield on your plantain, you need to Remove old or dry leaves frequently.

Remove any old, dry leaves that hang down on the pseudostem (they can hide insects and larvae).
Do not cut the green leaves as they are essential for ripening the bunches. Approximately 2 to 3 months after harvesting the bunches, remove all remaining shoots apart from two bayonet-shaped
shoots, one large and one small. Avoid weeds, dead leaves, pieces of pseudostem and other plant debris piling up at the base of the plantain plants, where they could provide shelter for the plantain root weevil or other insects and larvae.
By doing so you are improving the yield of your plantain.

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 11:50am On Oct 04, 2019
Pruning of suckers

This involves removing all the shoots that appear around the base of the parent plant in order to reduce competition during the initial growth phase.

After flowering, keep the strongest sucker that is best placed in line with the plantation rows. Remove the others by cutting or pulling them out; this

should be done at regular intervals. The removed suckers can be used as replanting material or you can sell it and serve as income to you......

Pruning of sucker should be done with care, what you need to do is to watch direction in which the crop or pseudo stem bend to, don’t remove any sucker shoot out at front and back, but you can remove those one fall side by side. This is because those suckers shooting both front and back hold the pseudo step firmly, if you prune them you will discover that next slightly wind or rain will fall your plantain and that is end of that crop.
Also this activities must be carryout frequently this because it going to affect the size of the plantain fruit.

For more info feel free to visit my blog or call mobile below.

www.plantainsuckers.com
Mobile. +2348065987831
Email. msg4lekan@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by tomi2000: 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2019
Hello sir, I have plantain for sale which market is best to sell now pls advise I beg ooo

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2019
Try to call me for detail because i will need to give you mobile number of some market or one company that can buy your plantain from you at a good price.

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by OluchiDelly: 7:34pm On Oct 08, 2019
etrader:
Pruning of suckers

Pruning of sucker should be done with care, what you need to do is to watch direction in which the crop or pseudo stem bend to, don’t remove any sucker shoot out at front and back, but you can remove those one fall side by side. This is because those suckers shooting both front and back hold the pseudo step firmly, if you prune them you will discover that next slightly wind or rain will fall your plantain and that is end of that crop.
Also this activities must be carryout frequently this because it going to affect the size of the plantain fruit.

For more info feel free to visit my blog or call mobile below.

www.plantainsuckers.com
Mobile. +2348065987831
Email. Msg4lekan@gmail.com

Educative one bro. But it wl be more interesting if you support the teaching with pictures of those shoots to be removed and ones not to be removed, bayonet's shape, etc. So that it won't sound too abstract.
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 11:00am On Oct 11, 2019
Noted, I will do that by Tuesday...thank u
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by tomi2000: 9:56am On Oct 22, 2019
pls do I need soil test before I will emback on plantain farming or it doesn't necessarily.
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 12:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
Dear friend, you don't need to do soil test before you before you start Plantain farming. but if you have financial muscle to pay soil expert, no problem you can go ahead...

But you can do it by yourself, the soil should be black in colour. when you are working the land you will be observe that your leg is sinking on the soil. There should be big trees that had covered the soil for very long time. in short ask any old famers around you if the soil is good for cultivation of cocoa. The best soil for cocoa is also good for plantain

in case they have cultivate on the land few years back you can still make use of it but you need to enrich the soil

For more info feel free to call be low mobile and for procurement of your Hybrid Plantain Suckers .

email: msg4lekan@gmail.com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 11:41am On Nov 21, 2019
Micro Nutrients Deficiency on Plantain

Major factors that affect the yield of plantain are lack of micro Nutrients on plantain crop. Lacking of certain nutrients on plantain accompany with certain symptom. Below are list of micro Nutrients on plantain crop;
1. Nitrogen
2. Phosphorus
3. Potassium
4. Casium
5. Magnesium
6. Sulphur
7. Zinc
8. Boron

if your plantain lack any one among this nutrients it will definitely affect the yield of your plantain.

my next post i will discuss how to identify deficiency of this micro Nutrients and how to correct it.
for more info how to set up plantain plantation for maximum yield and how to procure your Hybrid Plantain Sucker. Feel free to call below mobile or chat with me on Whatsapp mobile below.
You can also send me email:
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 1:12pm On Nov 29, 2019
Nitrogen Deficiency

To identify lack of Nitrogen on plantain crops you need to observe the colour of the leaves.

...the leaves will loss it green pigment
.....the leaves are clop together like umbrella
.....the leaves will turn yellow

see picture below
Next on phosphorus

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 11:54am On Dec 03, 2019
Deficiency of Phosphorus on plantain
The leaf will turn dark green, few months after the entire leaf will dry off and dead.

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2019
Potassium 'K' on Plantain
Below crop is suffer Potassium deficiency, below are symptom to be observe and how to correct it.

. The leaf will turn YELLOW
. The entire leaf will dry off and bend
. Pseudostem will decay and give room for stem borer to penetrate into the stem and kill entire crop.

For more info feel free to call below mobile or chat with me on Whatsapp msg via d same mobile

www.plantainsuckers..com

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 9:34am On Dec 13, 2019
Casium "Ca"

casium deficiency
See below pictures the whole leaves dry off and entire crop dry and dead. It also affect the suckers too...

This

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by oshionelecky: 6:54pm On Dec 13, 2019
where are the major sources of plantain in bayelsa and cross river state.
i need to buy in large quantities.
thanks.
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 4:10pm On Dec 14, 2019
Lack of Magnesium Deficiency

see below pictures
The leaf edge will show yellow color
This show lack of chlorophyll on the leaf.
The pseudostem will start peeling

fee months after the entire leaf will dry off and dead.

For more info feel free to contact me via below mobile....
email; msg4lekan@gmail.com
www.plantainsuckers..com.ng

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 1:03pm On Dec 17, 2019
Sulphur Deficiency

Sulphur is vital to plantain likewise other crops too. A deficiency in Sulphur will affect a plants protein synthesis structure and chlorophyll production. Lack of Sulphur will lead into stunted growing of plantain that lead into low yield of your plantain.

How to identify sulphur deficiency in plantain plant. The plantain will experience yellowing or pale greenish coloring throughout the plant.

The young leafs will suffer from chlorosis with their tips becoming necrotic over all plant development and growth will be stunted without enough sulphur in the soil.

This symptom resemble lack of Nitrogen. To distinguish deficiency of sulphur from Nitrogen deficiency. look for red pigment in d vain of young leaves for Nitrogen deficiency, while in Sulphur deficiency there will not typically affect the vein pattern s on leaves.

Sulphur Deficiency often occur in area with heavy rainfall. If you plant your plantain on a sloppy land, lack of Sulphur Deficiency is at risk on this type of soil. the sulphur will be wash away by rain, since sulphur is soluble in water.
Also in area of high level of phosphorus may displace sulphur from the soil.

For more info on effect of Phosphorus on plantain and other micronutrients affect the yield of plantain feel free to call or send msg via my below contact....
also for improved high yield Plantain Sucker call the same mobile

email; msg4lekan@gmail.com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 2:37pm On Dec 21, 2019
Zinc (Zn)
Zn deficiency
zinc is one of micronutrients present in soil, the amount of zn find in soil is sometimes so small that they are barely detectable but without them, plantain will fail to thrive.

important of Zinc is to help plantain to produce chlorophyll. If this is lack in soil the leaf of the plantain will discolored and plantain will growth stunted. The colour of the leaf will change to Light Green Yellow color.

I don't have crops that lack this element I would have give your the pictures. But if you notice change in colouration of your plantain leaf know that your crop is lacking certain critical element call Zinc.
correction ....I will give you best solution to deficiency of these elements in my next post.

for more info on where to procure your Hybrid Plantain Suckers...
feel free to call mobile below......

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 3:05pm On Dec 24, 2019
Boron Deficiency

Boron deficiency first affects the cell walls or reproductive organs. However, with severe boron deficiency, stunted growth and death of growth tissue can be found.

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 7:24pm On Dec 27, 2019
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you in advance ...

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 5:09pm On Jan 01, 2020
Happy new year to all farmers. This year shall be a wonderful one to us.... Whatever we embark upon this year shall be prosperous...amen

After holidays the next stage is to resume our farming activities...the next stage in farming now is land preparation
I wish you best of luck ..

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 1:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
Solution to Micro-nutrient deficiency on plantain crops

I have discussed about deficiency of micronutrients on plantain crops and how to identify them.

To correct this deficiency, all you need to do is to apply Folia fertilizer on your plantain leaves..

See below pictures, these are pictures of folia fertilizer bottles.

How to apply folia fertilizer,
You need to have sprayer tanks, either 16-20ltrs capacity.
Then you need a clean water and add 150ml to 20ltrs of water
Then start spraying on leave and fruit of your plantain. This should be done early in the morning or late in evening.
This can be repeated every 3 months.

For more info and where to procure your Hybrid Plantain Sucker feel free to below mobile or send email to;
+2348065987831
msg4lekan@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now / PHOTOS: A Really Big Bush Meat A Nairalander Killed At His Farm / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.