Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm (70811 Views)

How To Get Best Hybrid Plantain Sucker/ Plantain Farm Management in Nigeria / Ogbomoso Plantain Farm Estate:Your Fastlane To Making Millions And Wealth / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 10:37am On Jul 03, 2018
I can supply you at anywhere within Nigeria
You can contact me for further discussion when you are ready.
Call below mobile.08065987831

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 1:09pm On Jul 05, 2018
Fertilizer or Manure Application on plantain plantation......

To produce a heavy bunch, plantain always need some extra nutrients.. This can be applied in the form either of manure or fertilizer example or manure mulch,,ash from wood fires..while fertilizer are N.P.K 15:15:15, urea fertilizer but NPK is the best for plantain. This because Potassium improve the rate of heavy of the bunch.

Incase your land it has been allow to fallow for long times, I will advise you not to apply fertilizer on such land..But in case some crops has already planted on it I mean the land, try to apply manure when you are digging the land and pour manure inside the hole before you put your sucker inside whole and cover it will earth.

Incase your land it has allowed to undergo fallow or what it popularly call virgin land. Don't apply fertilizer on such land., plant with manure cover it with earth and observe the growth of the crops of they is stunting growth in d crop you applying manure to booth the rate of growth after two weeks gp and observe the growth.

We are not only sell hybrid suckers we coach our client till they harvest their first bunch.

You ca contact Olami farm for procurement of your Hybrid plantain suckers and coaching on how to set up plantain farm.
Call or email us via below like::
Email: msg4lekan@gmail.com
www.plantainsuclers.blospot.com.ng

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2018
How Do I sell my Plantain when harvest..

Before you go into farming one of the step you need to put into consideration is how do I sell my produces. Don't let be an issue to you, selling plantain is very easy you can either call me,or you carry your plantain into main market and sell it by yourself..You don't have to do anything just take it to major market and look for OLOBE or agent if you don't have any I can give you one. He is going to receive your plantain, but you need to pay for market gate fee...The payment depend on size of lorry or car you to convey your goods. The fee start from 1000 naira and above..

Immediately loaders will offload your goods from your car at agree fee. You are to pay for this fee too. It will takes to a place call field,, at this place your plantain will be arrange I dozen, this will determine total numbers of dozen you brought for sell and total numbers of piece you brought for sell.

Then your agent will sell it directly to standby buyers and he or she will take his or her profit and give you your own money
Everything within 4 hours you have got pay and go back to your business

For more info on buy and selling of plantain, feel free to call below mobile or send me email via below link.
Email.msg4lekan@gmail..com

Blog: www.plantainsuckers..com.ng
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by tomi2000: 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2018
U need to enlight me more
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by LUKINGUY(m): 3:20pm On Jul 07, 2018
For Plantain farmers who wish to produce even in off season at a premium price talk to us on Drip irrigation for plantain farm. We Design, Supply and install Drip irrigation for plantain farm for all round the year season.

Talk to us now

Call 08056363230
whatsap: 08025171575

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by GbubemiStone(m): 1:18am On Jul 08, 2018
40 DOZEN HYBRID PLANTAIN NEEDED URGENTLY FOR WEEKLY SUPPLY

Plantain farmers situated in South south and south west needed for supply 40dozens of hybrid plantain weekly

Pls. . I need farmers/person who can supply 40dozens of hybrid plantain on weekly basis.
Situated in South south and southwest. pickup /delivery

Call/Whatssap on:

gamonetsone@gmail.com

Very Urgent!
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by tomi2000: 9:04am On Jul 08, 2018
Why not establish plantain plantation by yourself so far you have already market to sell it..or what did you think about that...You make money in two ways, as a farmer also as supplier.

I think I make a point
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 7:19am On Jul 11, 2018
LUKINGUY:
For Plantain farmers who wish to produce even in off season at a premium price talk to us on Drip irrigation for plantain farm. We Design, Supply and install Drip irrigation for plantain farm for all round the year season.

Talk to us now

Call 08056363230
whatsap: 08025171575

This is necessary if u establishing a large scale and of farming and you want to harvest round d year
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by GbubemiStone(m): 11:20am On Jul 12, 2018
40 DOZEN HYBRID plantain NEEDED URGENTLY FOR WEEKLY SUPPLY

plantain farmers situated in South south and south west needed for supply 40dozens of hybrid plantain weekly

Pls. . I need farmers/person who can supply 40dozens of hybrid plantain on weekly basis.

Call/Whatssap on:

gamonetsone@gmail.com

Very Urgent!
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2018
How is your payment method?
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 11:43am On Jul 15, 2018
3 majors factors determine how much you sell your plantain

To determine how much you sales your plantain bunches it associated with series of factors.
1. Season
2. Size of bunch
3. Sales point

For more info call below mobile or WhatsApp message
Mobile: 08065987831
www.plantainsuckers..com.ng
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by tomi2000: 8:11am On Jul 19, 2018
Pls explain further
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2018
Season
This is one of factors that determine the sale price of plantain in market. Most of farmers goes to farm and plant at the same time. Sometime around early rainfall or late dry season, this period is agromically ok but not financially ok for farmers. This is because all of them will bring their farm produce at same time. This occur around last two months of a year.

As a result of surplus of plantain in market this use to force the price of plantain at every last quarter of the year.
Farmers will experience this till first quarter of next year. When it around March the price will be skyrocket dues to scarcity and lack of rainfall. And this period from February till May farmers will experience such. The only farmers who plant on swamp or water lodging area can only have plantain for sell.

If you have plantain to sell around October till January you sell at low or none too attracting price, but you have it in large quantities for sell.

Meanwhile there is no amount that is too small or none attractive. This is because you can never loss your investment on plantain farming, but your expectations may not be archived but you can't short.

When it around March till June the price will be on high side.

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by tomi2000: 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
can u please say something on sizes and sales point.
i want to go into plantain farming and i need full information on the crop before i venture into it.
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by GbubemiStone(m): 8:43am On Aug 06, 2018
40 DOZEN HYBRID plantain NEEDED URGENTLY FOR WEEKLY SUPPLY

Plantain farmers situated in South south and south west needed for supply 40dozens of hybrid plantain weekly

Call/Whatssap on:

gamonetsone@gmail.com

Very Urgent!

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 2:44pm On Aug 09, 2018
If you can meet up to the task contact him......
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 8:21pm On Aug 15, 2018
Only waybill, I can send it to you via public bus, what did you see about that
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 10:28am On Aug 19, 2018
Sizes either Big or Small

One of major factor that determines the price you sell your plantain in market is sizes of your plantain. Plantain come in various sizes which categories as big or small ones and pieces.
The big will separate from small ones. Also those one that detached from bunch in process of carry it from farm to market call pieces. They sell separate at market.

The price also determine by season. If you have big one around April till July big bunches sell between #25-35k per dozen while smaller sizes sell between 15-25k per dozen around August till October.

By November til March, big bunch sell between 10-15k per dozen while small bunch sell between #8k-12k the pieces left for you and your middle man to negotiate.
On several occasion piece are not so much you and your family may decide to eat it.

If you are new in farm industry, in first harvest your farm will be produce bigger bunch probability of produce small bunch is very slim unless your crop mature during dry season or your soil lack some basic nutrient that need for the growth of plantain.

For more info feel free to call below mobile or visit my blog. You can check my signature for details

Tel: +2348065987831
Mail: msg4lekan@gmail.com
Site; www.plantainsuckers..com.ng
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 5:40pm On Aug 31, 2018
Sales Point

This is one of major factor that determine the price you sell your plantain. Some time buyer may visit your farm to buy from you directly. I will advise you not to sell for them, this because majority of them are agent they will go and re-sale it at higher price and make more money than you. Why can't you take your goods to market directly and sell it by yourself. They will be hide on pretend that cost of transportation will be too high so they they will buy it cheaply from you. Don't allow then unless you are been to market by yourself and find out cost and you are certify they agree price. If not you will be cheated. If you don't want to disturb yourself in, selling or engage in market challenges you need to find out current price of the plantain in market before you sell your own.. Don't let some set of people took over your effort....farmers watch out...

Try to locate major market and find out financial capacity of nearby environment..take for example people reside in Ajah, Lekki, VGC and many more are going to patronize Ajah main market. So resident of VGC who has financial muscles to your product at a good price compare with Oshodi market or Idi-oro in Mushin....

So location of market place is very important in selling your plantain.
For more info visit the signature or call mobile below.
Tel:08065987831

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 10:39pm On Sep 07, 2018
plantain farmers or middle man from Bayelsa, River Delta and Edo please leave Lagos markets for us. You have flooded Lagos markets with your plantain this has led to surplus of plantain in Lagos market......

we are begging now, i am very sure your market strength will soon reduce in few months. I promise you till November....

i swear, plantain price will soon bonce back
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2018
How much are you buying dozen of big bunches of plantain in nearest market around . Can you please tell why the is like this now?
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 2:34pm On Sep 16, 2018
Are you intend to venture into farming by coming year, by now you need to look for a land either to buy or lease. If you got a land very close to river or a swamp area its advantage for you because you will be able to cultivate your plantain farming round the year.

If your land is upland and you don't plan to irrigate your farm you need to plant very early, before other farmers goes for cultivation. You can start clearing by November and plant by December. Before the coming year runs to an end you harvest your Plantain. Don't worry if people said you are planting inside dry season. Plantain will definitely grow well during dry season although some will die but not majority of it will die.
For more info on where to procure your hybrid plantain Suckers and free coaching on how to set up plantain plantain feel free to call below mobile or chat via whatsapp.
Tel: 08065987831
Email:msg4lekan@gmail.com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by Mustack: 3:07pm On Sep 16, 2018
etrader:
Are you intend to venture into farming by coming year, by now you need to look for a land either to buy or lease. If you got a land very close to river or a swamp area its advantage for you because you will be able to cultivate your plantain farming round the year.

If your land is upland and you don't plan to irrigate your farm you need to plant very early, before other farmers goes for cultivation. You can start clearing by November and plant by December. Before the coming year runs to an end you harvest your Plantain. Don't worry if people said you are planting inside dry season. Plantain will definitely grow well during dry season although some will die but not majority of it will die.
For more info on where to procure your hybrid plantain Suckers and free coaching on how to set up plantain plantain feel free to call below mobile or chat via whatsapp.
Email:msg4lekan@gmail.com
Without irrigation they will die
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 4:31pm On Sep 19, 2018
It will not die but the growth will not be rapid .

2 Likes

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2018
The price of plantain has gone up a bit, market is highly interesed yesterday. I am sure that farmers from Delta,Edo, River and Baylsa has gone back to their base.

1 Like

Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 5:27pm On Sep 28, 2018
Disease and Pests associated with Plantain

Let talk about diseases common among Plantain

Plantain is also attacked by diseases too just like other crops.
Black sigatoka

This is major common diseases attacking plantain while NEMATODES AND STEMBORER are major Pests

Black Sigatoka is a leaf spot disease cause by the fungus Mycosphaella are susceptible to wind borne fungus.
symptom, the leaves first show yellow spot, while later turn Brown and Black latter the leaves become necrotic and die. The entire leaves become non-function and on several occasions bearing of plants are left with hardly any green leaves at maturity. Photosynthesis is reduce and small bunches are produce.

This can be control by uses of fungicides belong to group of Benomy.

Next On Pest

for more info, call below mobile or visit www.plantainsuckers..com.ng
tel. 08065987831
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2018
Pest Affecting Plantain

The most common pests affecting plantain are Nematode and stemborer

Nematodes are minute worm which live in the soil and infest plant roots. This pest inhibit the transportation of nutrient and water to the main stem, causing a reduction in yield and weakening of plant as a result, many plants may be loss through tip-over whenever winds become strong.
Control
Apply nematicide in a circle of 25cm in diameter....note active ingredients in the nematicide should be,
Isazophos 2.5grm,
Carbofuran 4.0grm

And many more

To procure your hybrid plantain suckers and for consulting on plantain farm feel free to call or chat with below mobile or check my blog...(u can check my signature )
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 8:50am On Oct 05, 2018
STEMBORER or PLANTAIN WEEVIL (cosmopolites sordidus)

This is another common pest associated with plantain by lay eggs near the corm of main plant. The larvae attack the underground part of the plant, feeding on the corm and,boring channels. The plant become weak, especially during dry season and tip over. This is affect the weed drastically.

How to control
You can apply insecticide such as HCH 50%, chlordecone e.g DD force and co
Or allow the land to undergo fallow
For more info, visit my blog or call below mobile
Tel:08065987831
Email: msg4lekan@yahoo.com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 6:50pm On Oct 17, 2018
We farmers needs to give glory to almighty God for the volume of rainfall this year.
I am really surprising that rain can still falling till this moment. This rainfall improve my yield this year and this lead into bumper harvest for me.

This really help my crops, what about you? Even if you irrigate your farm, you forget about temperature you can't compare irrigating farm with natural rainfall.

Learn how to thank your lord.....God I thank you, let the ☔ rain keep going till next November

For inquiry on plantain and plantain suckers feel free to call below mobile or chat with me on Whatsapp
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 9:42am On Oct 25, 2018
Time to plant plantain on water lodging area or swam area........

In case your farm land is on water lodging or swamp area and you want to make use of it for cultivation of plantain farm. You can do that but you need to time your planting.

This is because plantain is kind of crop that doesn't require too much water to survive. The water must be moderate round the year for maximum yield. If there is too much water for your plantain this will definitely affect the growth or death of your plantain
If your land is on swamp area, you need to first channel a means to enable the water to flow. Then you need to wait till end of rainfall that should be late August, then you plant your plantain.
Before following year rainfall will start your plantain will be ready for harvest.
At this period, plantain is sell at very cost because only few farmers has access to swamp area and only few plantain will be In market by this period. Around this period may/june a dozen of plantain sold for #30k or more depend on sizes.

But during rain seasons you will almost bite your finger when you are watching how your plantain are dying and u cant do nothing.
For a wise farmer who want to make money round the year on plantain farming should have piece of land on upland and some on swamp land..and calculate the best period to plant on both, you will not regret for venture your resources on plantain farming....

For more info. Feel free to call or chat with me on Whatsapp you can even book a visit to my farm....
You can also visit my blog...www.plantainsuckers..com
Re: Hybrid Plantain suckers / How to set up plantain farm by etrader(m): 7:35am On Oct 26, 2018
Do you need plantain in large quantities.
Fresh cut plantain, we sell per dozen at affordable price, both big and small bunches are available for sell, you can be direct consumer or as middle man..
Hurry now and place your order

Call mobile � below.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Long Awaited Egusi {Melon} Storage Business Season Is On Now / PHOTOS: A Really Big Bush Meat A Nairalander Killed At His Farm / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.