Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight (54857 Views)

5 Mistakes First-time Travelers Make / 5 Train And Railway Safety Mistakes Nigerians Make Too Often / 6 Questions To Ask Before Booking A Hotel Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by Spydamannn(m): 2:45pm On Jul 08, 2015
Kentrasso:
Good

I don't want to open a thread but I need an answer to this question. My friend just got wedded and uploaded a picture of herself and hubby just outside their new home or somewhere. Its was a photo grid of several photos and I noticed that the guy was having a massive bo.ner while snapping those pics. Should I tell her to take down the pics undecided I'm sure nobody will want to tell her but it's quite obvious. Don't want to hurt her feelings too
if its a massive boner they probably have noticed too,they just letting you guys know they had a great honeymoon

2 Likes

Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by rattlesnake(m): 2:45pm On Jul 08, 2015
Booking
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by phlio(m): 2:46pm On Jul 08, 2015
how do deh book flight? nah bus I sabi
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by bettercreature(m): 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2015
That number 4 is totally wrong! You will get a cheaper rate than airline website if you book ticked from a verified agent because airline always give them some discount

1 Like

Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by otokx(m): 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2015
bettercreature:
That number 4 is totally wrong! You will get a cheaper rate than airline website if you book ticked from a verified agent because airline always give them some discount

The logic sounds right
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by MOORCHMOORE(m): 3:10pm On Jul 08, 2015
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by misterh(m): 3:10pm On Jul 08, 2015
Sunday8650:
Lagos to abuja book it by 1am shocked shocked. I don't think your strategy works on domestic flights.
Op isn't referring to flying by 1am. He's referring to booking the flight by 1am.
There's a difference.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by 400billionman: 3:13pm On Jul 08, 2015
Travel by ship nah..
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by 9jatatafo(m): 3:16pm On Jul 08, 2015
OP if I book a ticket through agent and there is error in my name and airline, do I need to pay for the corrections? Please I need your answer.
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by babyfaceafrica: 3:48pm On Jul 08, 2015
ylaa:
FEW COMMENTS COS WE R USE TO KEKE, OKADA AND DANFO. MAY GOD DELIVER US FROM WHAT IS STOPPING US FROM BOOKING FLIGHT.
Amen o......so many danfo and keke marwa peeps...nairaland needs to find ways to attract people that book fligts!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by braimeddy: 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2015
OP abi na MOD sef u no learn how to summarize for school? Abeg ur write ups too dey long joor
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by omoakinn: 4:41pm On Jul 08, 2015
Please I need a website that I can book on line . I will be travel to uyo by next week from akure in ondo state but I don't think that I can get a flight from there to uyo pls any advice and trip cost thanks
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by majamajic(m): 4:47pm On Jul 08, 2015
No 4...... its better off with agents

airline charges higher , just ask the agent if any airline is on promo he will still tell u.
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by spykid014(f): 4:52pm On Jul 08, 2015
Na to begin set alarm for 1am to dey check flight o.

@Chloe7 , you were right after all! grin
Still waiting patiently for Emirates or Lufthansa discount promo for my September/October travel. Me i don't have the 280k I am seeing now.

Please how do I clear cookies on my phone? Once I open Lufthansa site on my device, and try to enter LOS-JFK, the last dates I entered some days ago will pop up. So the cookies part is true. And the booking early part as well. I'm guilty. I like to plan well ahead, as I no want story. But as for this year, pepper no too rest, so I'm chilling till I see cheap Emirates/Lufthansa or BA. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2015
braimeddy:
OP abi na MOD sef u no learn how to summarize for school? Abeg ur write ups too dey long joor
if you were a student, you must have been a very lazy one. if you still are then you are a lazy student

2 Likes

Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by cronsberg: 5:53pm On Jul 08, 2015
booking a non refundable international flight without getting a visa first. The embassy will tell you to not make final payment on your ticket before you got the visa. However, when booking online, the airline companies require your mastercard or visacard details, opon providing those details, the airline will charge your card before the embassy makes a decision. In my case, i spend almost 320,000 naira on a klm ticket, another close to 70,000 naira on hotel bookings and many more, but embassy come deny me visa twice, now the worst part is everything i gave my card details to was non refundable. Not to talk of tens of thousands visa fee and such. Now my travel plans are dashed, my money(getting to half a million) gone into thin air, e.t.c the whole system is just a big fraud. Embassy will find any reason to deny you visa, airline company will refuse to refund your money, hotels will vanish with your money and you are left in the cold defrauded, cheated, hopeless. I will never forgive those involved in defrauding me of my hard earned money

1 Like

Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by wellmax(m): 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2015
Sunday8650:
Who flies by 1am in Nigeria to other states.

What's this one saying. We are talking ONLINE BOOKING. You book to fly at a later time.
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by igbanbajo(m): 6:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by braimeddy: 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2015
you dat is (was) an hardworking student, can u help me summarize what d OP is talking abt?
iRyan:
if you were a student, you must have been a very lazy one. if you still are then you are a lazy student
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by toseen29: 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2015
Late night monitoring of price is very ok
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by fajigirl(f): 7:03pm On Jul 08, 2015
Alternatively contact me grin
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by professore(m): 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2015
This is informative
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
The worst is overlooking the abbreviation of one's name, which is done when ticket is been issued at the airline desk.
Let's say one's name is Micheal Ahmed, the issuing clerk may be acting as if he or she is too busy to write out names in full, by writing M Ahmed or Michael A
What is the implication, assuming Michael Ahmed got involved in a plane crash with the airline he is traveling, it will be difficult to prove what M stands for, will it be Mohammed, Mahmud or Mathew or Mecham etc. Or A for Aguocha or Anyanwu or Ajoke
This is one primary reason most bereaved families lost out in insurance payment.
Now you know, insist your be written in fully

1 Like

Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 08, 2015
braimeddy:
you dat is (was) an hardworking student, can u help me summarize what d OP is talking abt?
so I joined nairaland to read and summarize posts for lazy people like you? abi?

1 Like

Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by Mcowubaba: 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2015
dechandel:
Booking early can sometimes be worth it..

If you book a flight during festive periods,Christmas most especially, be sure to pay almost double of the normal flight fare.. Virgin atlantic comes to mind!! With their wack food undecided
Virgin still dey .. I mean the flight

1 Like

Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by muymacho: 8:07pm On Jul 08, 2015
Instead of clearing your cookies, you can use incognito mode available in chrome browser for booking.
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by ritux: 8:09pm On Jul 08, 2015
YerYer:
Never book on weekends or monday, best time to book is btwn 2am -4am on Wednesdays

Is it Tuesday night or Wednesday night. For example, can I book tonight between 2am - 4am i.e Thursday 2am -4am.

Thanks.
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by YerYer: 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2015
ritux:

Is it Tuesday night or Wednesday night. For example, can I book tonight between 2am - 4am i.e Thursday 2am -4am.

Thanks.

Wednesday; meaning after 12am
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by prupru(m): 8:55pm On Jul 08, 2015
i am going to india next month,when best is it to book,which flight is the cheapest
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by dechandel(f): 9:01pm On Jul 08, 2015
Mcowubaba:

Virgin still dey .. I mean the flight
Virgin? Virgin atlantic? Yep!
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by Mcowubaba: 9:17pm On Jul 08, 2015
dechandel:
Virgin? Virgin atlantic? Yep!
virgin atlantic-only international flights!!!
Virgin- no idea smiley
Re: 5 Mistakes Nigerians Make When Booking A Flight by dechandel(f): 9:21pm On Jul 08, 2015
Mcowubaba:

virgin atlantic-only international flights!!!
Virgin- no idea smiley
Nah, i really dunno about them..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EKSU Students At OUIDAH, Python Temple Benin Republic (Photos) / LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) / Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.