Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP (1039 Views)

Jonathan's Removal Was A Bigger Threat Than Biafra - Rotimi Amaechi / Nigerians Will Criticise Us, Don’t Abuse Them, Abdullahi Warns APC Spokesmen / Breaking: APC Spokesmen Ask Justices Okoro, Ngwuta To Resign Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by multikolour(m): 1:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
More and more Nigerians feel
inclined to agree that President Muhammadu
Buhari should deal with frictions that have
prevented him and his party, the APC, from
demonstrating tangible results in the first month
of governance. The Naij.com columnist ‘Yomi
Kazeem goes even further and says that
President Buhari should first focus on his
spokesmen — the ‘bridge’ between him and the
people — instead of trying to battle some
external forces, incuding the PDP which is now
in the opposition to the ruling APC.
Amid the various criticisms Goodluck
Jonathan faced over the course of his
presidency, one particular criticism remained
constant: the poor choice of media handlers.
Jonathan’s spokesmen won him little support
as, gaffe after gaffe, they turned out to be
one of the biggest reasons for the
disillusionment with the his presidency.
On social media, these men — the
mouthpieces of a president — were often
seen engaging in abusive exchanges (the
online version of fisticuffs) with regular
Nigerians. Their ‘ability’ to read the tone and
mood of the nation was infamously horrible.
They became notorious for publishing photos
of President Jonathan dancing and being
merry a day after bomb explosions and deaths
of Nigerians.
As far as presidential spokesmen go, the last
set was a clear manual of how not to be a
presidential spokesman.
Given the widespread belief that President
Jonathan’s handling of the media and choice
of spokesmen might have cost him the
presidency to some extent, everyone assumed
it would literally be impossible for his
successor to repeat the same mistakes.
Nevertheless, one month into the Buhari
presidency, the murmurs of his ineptitude
considering media handling are becoming
more and more audible.
Primarily, the job of a presidential
spokesperson is to relay messages from the
president to Nigerians. But their job often
goes far beyond that in many ways. One of
their biggest roles is to forge, build and tweak
the general perception of the president. So
far, President Buhari’s media handlers have
done little in that regard. The lack of a crisp
and coordinated communications strategy
since President Buhari’s taking over the office
has resulted in the shaping of different
perceptions of his presidency to fit various
narratives. With social media accounts of his
spokesmen sometimes silent for days, many,
including international media , are steadily
drumming up the perception that nothing is
going on.
source:- http://www.naij.com/479674-president-buharis-spokesmen-pose-more-threat-than-pdp.html
Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by jcshina(m): 1:38pm On Jul 08, 2015
Ok
Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by YOURMAN: 1:46pm On Jul 08, 2015
kayy
Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by buzquet(m): 1:46pm On Jul 08, 2015
People lyk adesina are one of d reasons dat causes GEJ'S downfall! Pls PMB, take note, I still believe in u
Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:47pm On Jul 08, 2015
Wailing wailers.
Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by kromoto: 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2015
Countdown to 40 days 40 nights without direction has begun. grin
Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by simpleseyi: 1:49pm On Jul 08, 2015
Wailing Wailers. You can use this.

Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by kolatobs(m): 1:53pm On Jul 08, 2015
grin
Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by bobbiekrantz: 2:35pm On Jul 08, 2015
Lying Liars (APC) remains the worst thing ever to happen to Nigeria.. angry

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by MalcoImX: 2:42pm On Jul 08, 2015
#WailingWailers
The lagoon is in Nigeria's territorial waters. Why not take a swim?
Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by theassassin: 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Wailing wailers.

is that all you know

dunce

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by Dannyset(m): 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2015
Well, am yet to see one of his Spokesmen arguing or exchanging words and insult on social media like Indomie brain Okupe, Metuh, FFK and Mokri.
Those Buhari has chosen are Men of reputable character that u can't see them talk anyhow. Except for once in awhile when u see them drop one bomb and go back e.g Wailing Wailers.
The only thing I want them to add is to be everly present on the platform which they use to reach the people.
Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by MalcoImX: 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2015
Dannyset:
Well, am yet to see one of his Spokesmen arguing or exchanging words and insult on social media like Indomie brain Okupe, Metuh, FFK and Mokri.
Those Buhari has chosen are Men of reputable character that u can't see them talk anyhow. Except for once in awhile when u see them drop one bomb and go back e.g Wailing Wailers.
The only thing I want them to add is to be everly present on the platform which they use to reach the people.
TANoids have been trying for 5 weeks for a name to stick, but they're not having any headway. Adesina just dropped two words (Wailing wailers), and voila, it has become their first name.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by Dannyset(m): 2:56pm On Jul 08, 2015
MalcoImX:
TANoids have been trying for 5 weeks for a name to stick, but they're not having any headway. Adesina just dropped two words (Wailing wailers), and voila, it has become their first name.

Now, that defines what a political journalist is. He knows where to hit and he did it. Believe me, for the next 4 years dis name would keep hitting PDP and Tanoids.
It's not all those noise Metuh and FFK makes.
Adeshina has made Lai Mohammed job easier. I am not saying that is what he's appointed to do ooo, but u must protect the President from media distractions.
Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by MalcoImX: 3:06pm On Jul 08, 2015
Dannyset:

Now, that defines what a political journalist is. He knows where to hit and he did it. Believe me, for the next 4 years dis name would keep hitting PDP and Tanoids.
It's not all those noise Metuh and FFK makes.
Adeshina has made Lai Mohammed job easier. I am not saying that is what he's appointed to do ooo, but u must protect the President from media distractions.
And in this game, you can see the other party is reactive and copycatting - no creativity at all! E.g.: They don't expect anything to come out of Buhari since Jonathan failed. When some somebody came with FeBuhari, they just reacted with FailBuhari. And now the #gejwhileyouwereaway as a reaction #BabaWhileYouWereAway. I tell you, its boring rolling with TANdroids. If that's all there in TANland, I won't advise even my archenemy to pay a visit.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by Dannyset(m): 3:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
MalcoImX:
And in this game, you can see the other party is reactive and copycatting - no creativity at all! E.g.: They don't expect anything to come out of Buhari since Jonathan failed. When some somebody came with FeBuhari, they just reacted with FailBuhari. And now the #gejwhileyouwereaway as a reaction #BabaWhileYouWereAway. I tell you, its boring rolling with TANdroids. If that's all there in TANland, I won't advise even my archenemy to pay a visit.

They are opportunist! they rolled on the fact that Nigerians don't care about governance, and they took advantage of that. Now that the game has changed, they don't know how to go about it. U can see how they keep messing up their side of the bargain as an opposition. The truth is, APC is full of intellectuals and PDP is still trying to define themselves.
Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by multikolour(m): 3:22pm On Jul 08, 2015
cc lala do the need full cos APC fans are not happy with this post.
Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by ERODEDEAST(f): 3:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
Boo.hari as a president of Nigeria is a disaster to Africa - Ex US envoy
Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by MalcoImX: 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2015
Dannyset:

They are opportunist! they rolled on the fact that Nigerians don't care about governance, and they took advantage of that. Now that the game has changed, they don't know how to go about it. U can see how they keep messing up their side of the bargain as an opposition. The truth is, APC is full of intellectuals and PDP is still trying to define themselves.
And with rigging systems being dismantled, I think KOWA Party has more chances of success and being believed by Nigerians than them.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by Dannyset(m): 3:53pm On Jul 08, 2015
MalcoImX:
And with rigging systems being dismantled, I think KOWA Party has more chances of success and being believed by Nigerians than them.

Whatever the outcome(it will be positive by God's grace) of this govt(APC) is, PDP is never the option for Nigeria. The wall of Jericho has fallen and it will rise no more.
Re: President Buhari’s Spokesmen Pose More Threat Than PDP by MalcoImX: 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2015
Dannyset:

Whatever the outcome(it will be positive by God's grace) of this govt(APC) is, PDP is never the option for Nigeria. The wall of Jericho has fallen and it will rise no more.
Amen.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Isn't This Abnormal? FAAN Collecting N600 For Car Park Space At Old MMA Ikeja / Buhari Won’t Probe Tinubu, Fashola Because Bode George Wants Him To — APC / Buhari On Goat Skin !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.