Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt (1242 Views)

Paris Club Loot: Governor Agrees To Refund $2.5m / Buhari Has Incurred N57 Billion Subsidy Debt In One Month – PPPRA / Buhari's Govt Incurs N57b Petrol Subsidy Debt -PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by metroparrot: 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
The Federal Government has agreed to pay outstanding subsidy-related debt to oil product importers, Yakubu Suleiman, spokesman for the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) said on Wednesday.

“They agreed to pay the remaining balance last week. Nothing has come yet but maybe this or next week. It’s 159 billion naira” ($800 million), Suleiman said.

He said he was present at a meeting last Thursday with the permanent secretaries of finance, oil and the state agency regulating the costly subsidy scheme for gasoline and diesel.

Nigeria, one of Africa’s top producers of crude oil, subsidises gasoline and other fuels. The country must import the bulk of the 40 million litres a day that it consumes owing to a neglected refining system.

An acute fuel shortage crippled Nigeria in April and May as fuel importers shut their depots to press their case. Importers were worried that the new government, elected in March, would not honour the debt.

The presidency did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to review closely the subsidy scheme, which was revealed to have paid out over $6 billion in fraudulent claims in 2012.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/fg-agrees-to-pay-159bn-subsidy-debt.html

cc:lalasticlala
Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by metroparrot: 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 08, 2015
.Got no comment
Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by Liviintainment: 5:41pm On Jul 08, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2015
They will soon come and deny it.

Baboons
Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by MzJackBaueress(f): 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2015
I thought Okonjo Iweala said monies withdrawn from ECA was used to settle subsidy payments?

Where the hell is the $2billion withdrawn for that purpose?

3 Likes

Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by KEVIND: 5:45pm On Jul 08, 2015
So there's subsidy afterall.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
I thought Okonjo Iweala said monies withdrawn from ECA was used to settle subsidy payments?

Who are you asking?

And how is that your business?

You people keep making useless noise on nairaland everyday... Am tired of hearing all these useless rants.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by phlemzy: 5:55pm On Jul 08, 2015
Its OK,in as much as it will take away the queues that are gradually building up in some cities. Investigations can be done when alternatives are got. For now,the independent marketers just have to be settled. Petrol retailers are just smiling to the bank in all of this season as they're fast to increase their selling price.
Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by tinuolababy(f): 5:57pm On Jul 08, 2015
I will wait until I hear from buhari's spokeperson Garba Shehu
Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by MzJackBaueress(f): 5:57pm On Jul 08, 2015
Dorrobucci:

Who are you asking?

And how is that your business?

You people keep making useless noise on nairaland everyday... Am tired of hearing all these useless rants.
what a silly question! Imagine that?

2 Likes

Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
what a silly question! Imagine that?

Don't get me wrong. How will this your rants on nairaland bring back the money?

Am tired of reading all dis rubbish comments on nairaland.
Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by MzJackBaueress(f): 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2015
Dorrobucci:

Don't get me wrong. How will this your rants on nairaland bring back the money?

Am tired of reading all dis rubbish comments on nairaland 4rm worthless people (no offence).
really?
Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
really?

Not what you think. Just that am fed up how everybody comes in a thread and rant and after that, the whole matter will slide. The whole process is becoming boring and not yielding anything.
Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by MzJackBaueress(f): 6:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
Dorrobucci:

Not what you think. Just that am fed up how everybody comes in a thread and rant and after that, the whole matter will slide. The whole process is becoming boring and not yielding anything.
the whole matter will slide? We are no longer in Jonathan's administration when we had so many matters sliding under the carpet. If you have lost hope in government fighting corruption,I haven't!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by midolian(m): 6:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
This man called Erodedeast go soon die of HBP if he continues this way.

1 Like

Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
the whole matter will slide? We are no longer in Jonathan's administration when we had so many matters sliding under the carpet. If you have lost hope in government fighting corruption,I haven't!

Ok, I hope so. I just want to start seeing new faces in the prison.
Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 08, 2015
midolian:
man, honestly u don't need this.
I have actually edited that part.
Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by ERODEDEAST(f): 6:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
Useless CHANGE Government.
Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by midolian(m): 6:27pm On Jul 08, 2015
Dorrobucci:

I have actually edited that part.
well done. Ur head dey dia
Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by TechRev: 6:27pm On Jul 08, 2015
Wonders of an empty treasury! The zoo is unbeatable in fraud.
Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by ERODEDEAST(f): 6:39pm On Jul 08, 2015
cheesy [s]
midolian:
This man called Erodedeast go soon die of HBP if he continues this way.
[/s]
Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by Sweetguy25: 6:45pm On Jul 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

The 2billion was paid for subsidy last year and not this year.
Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by midolian(m): 6:54pm On Jul 08, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
cheesy [s][/s]
lol. Na so na. Ur problem too much., I no know why u no want CHANGE

1 Like

Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by ERODEDEAST(f): 8:08pm On Jul 08, 2015
@midolian Bros nor be so wetin una tell us come different from wetin we dey see, God go help, No wayo.
Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by midolian(m): 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
@midolian Bros nor be so wetin una tell us come different from wetin we dey see, God go help, No wayo.
Amen.. Buh make una calm down for us small. Na jst small time remain, we go soon make naija proud. grin

1 Like

Re: Federal Govt Agrees To Pay ₦159bn Subsidy Debt by ERODEDEAST(f): 8:56pm On Jul 08, 2015
wink @midolian, Na we prayer be that ooo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha's Son, Bags First Class From The University Of Manchester.Photos / Plans To Impeach Ekweremadu Deepens, APC Senator, Shehu Sani Kicks Against It / Buhari Appoints New Minister Of Insurance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.