Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo (32739 Views)

Man Does Acrobatics During Deliverance Session Conducted By 'Snake Pastor'.Photo / Church Members Carry Their Pastor On A Chair During Deliverance Session. Photo / PHOTOS: Man 'turns To Dog' During Deliverance Session At TB Joshua's Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by lalasticlala(m): 6:19pm On Jul 08, 2015
Tragedy struck yesterday on Okwanga Street around Uselu Quarters in Egor Local Government Area of Edo State following the death of a 45-year-old man, Osayande Ekhator, ‎during a deliverance session in a church in the area.

The deceased who was suffering from an undisclosed illness was said to have been taken to the church, Hope Ministry, also known as Holy Ghost Deliverance Centre, by his family members on Monday.

DAILY POST gathered that some residents who reside around the church on hearing a loud cry from the church rushed there only to discover the deceased lying lifeless in the church.

Out of anger, some irate youths in the area invaded the church and vandalized some valuable property in the process.

According to a resident of the area, the deceased may have hit his head against a hard object, as ‎there was blood stains on his head.

“I think he must have hit his head somewhere. I saw blood on his head when his body was placed in a vehicle,” the resident said.

Commenting on the tragedy, the father of the deceased, Pa Ekhator, noted that he suspected that the deliverance session had gone contrary to expectation when his son was thrown to the ground, with his hands and legs bound.

“They forced him and tied him as usual and threw him down. From there, they carried a bucket full of water and poured it on his body.

“The mother asked why. They said that is what they usually do‎; that after struggling, they wanted him to have rest and cool down. After about five minutes, she came crying that Osayande was dead,” Pa Ekhator said.

However, sister to the deceased who was of a contrary view, claimed that the 45-year-old man in the course of the deliverance was beaten to death.

The Resident Pastor, Mrs. Isoken Ekundaye, however debunked the claims.

Ekundaye stressed, “We don’t kill here. We don’t beat here. If they bring insane people, we heal.”

Confirming the death, the State police spokesperson, Stephen Onwochei, stated that the pastor had been arrested, adding that the case has been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department for investigation.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/07/08/deliverance-session-turns-sour-as-man-dies-in-edo/

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by UnknownT: 6:21pm On Jul 08, 2015
To whom it may concern:
When next you want to fall in church ( either under anointing or demonic attack lipsrsealed), first survey the surrounding so you don't hit your head on a "Boulder" while falling
PS: this is for all the churches that the floors are filled with sand and stones. cool

UnknownTee

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by chiefololade: 6:22pm On Jul 08, 2015
angry

4 Likes

Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by Bonuwa: 6:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
Holy mary

3 Likes

Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by Titto93(m): 6:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
When things like this happen, I begin to wonder..
If you aren't anointed while not pray and work your success out, rather than bringing curses upon self and family.
NOT JUDGING ANYWAYS, JUST A FREE ADVICE FOR FAKE PASTORS.

Because, I think the HOLY SPIRIT don't work this way.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
Thats why i always fall before any deliverance. I don't want any pastor to bully me abeg.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by admax(m): 6:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
Pastors.....It's not every time the Lord will have you pray for some sick people, even Jesus Christ didn't pray for all sick people during his brief time on Earth (mostly due to their unbelief). The Holy Spirit should lead you always.

Church members.....God allowed some particular set of people called Doctors to exist in a place called Hospitals. Wise pastors even have personal doctors to check them out once in a while even when healthy! So visit your Doctors once your faith is milky.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by dapsoneh: 6:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
Seriously!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by 5p1naz(m): 6:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
shocked

1 Like

Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by sylva1(m): 6:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
Deliverance gone wrong!!

1 Like

Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by allanphash7(m): 6:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
The demons beleive to kill him rather than to leave him

O mase o for the pastor
Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by columbus007(m): 6:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
So sad.
Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by alaoeri: 6:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
Deliverance gone wrong, Nigerians are scam daily under the guise of religion.

5 Likes

Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by hardbody: 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by damilareoye: 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2015
humm... Jesus Christ.
Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by kcowen(m): 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2015
Let them ask the pastor what Happne to the man
Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by ELTON123(m): 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2015
Kikikikiki grin
Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2015
k
Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by idari: 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2015
Our mentality though[left][/left] first page in my first ever comment on Nairaland but d news is a sad one embarassed
Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by berrystunn(m): 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2015
ok
Deliverance from life to death

devil works part time......but 2nd degree murder for the pastor

1 Like

Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by mrcasanova1(m): 6:25pm On Jul 08, 2015
Deliverance of life...
Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by Ayyoemman(m): 6:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
Bonuwa:
Holy mary
grin
Bonuwa:
Holy mary
Holy mary ko, holy urael ni
Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by Moneyyy: 6:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by Shaadey: 6:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
deliverance gone wrong
..RIP to the dead
Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by Spanishmario(m): 6:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
Tales by moonlight...
Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by yahrant140(m): 6:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
Nigerian churches deliverance settings look somehow this days! May God have mercy on us all......
Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by AreaFada2: 6:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
When govt fails, anything goes. But they should call these pastors to order. They have arrogated to much dominance to themselves.
Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by nerfetiti: 6:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
What a pity....
Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by sammer4life(m): 6:27pm On Jul 08, 2015
The kind news wey Naija dey generate sometimes dey make me ask whether some things are peculiar to us as a people. Imagine. Now, the guy is dead. The society has failed him as a human being.

What am I even saying sef ? Frontpage again..... Dedicating this feat to my future wife

1 Like

Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by amosyanyan(m): 6:27pm On Jul 08, 2015
I was there..omo it was crazy!

1 Like

Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by Allem(m): 6:28pm On Jul 08, 2015
are you serious? WHAT IS DIS WORLD TURING INTO
Re: Man Dies During Deliverance Session In Edo by Precious91(m): 6:28pm On Jul 08, 2015
lobatan cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyedepo: "Nigeria’s Healing Is Taking Place Now" / 'Pray For Buhari Not To Die In Power' - Did TB Joshua Really Say That? / David Meade Claims World Will End September 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.