Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,757 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' (958 Views)

Photo: Dr Myles Munroe & Wife Dead In Plane Crash / Edo State Governor's Wife Dead / Governor Oshiomole's Wife Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by Afam4eva(m): 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2009

The wife of Zimbabwe's Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai has been killed in a car crash in which he was also hurt, according to reports.

Susan Tsvangirai was travelling with her husband south of the capital, Harare, when the crash happened.

Mr Tsvangirai, leader of the Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) party, formed a unity government with President Robert Mugabe last month.

The two had been long-time rivals before agreeing a power-sharing deal.

MDC spokesman Nelson Chamisa told Reuters news agency that Mr Tsvangirai was not in a critical condition.

"We have just heard that there was an accident of sorts involving the president of the party. Injuries, yes, but not critical condition, we are still assessing the actual condition," he said.

Map
The prime minister is said to have been on his way to his rural home in Buhera at the start of the weekend when his vehicle was involved in a crash near Beatrice.

A second MDC spokesman, James Maridadi, told the Associated Press news agency that the car had been in collision with a lorry. The car was also carrying an aide, he said.

The prime minister was apparently not seriously hurt but was immediately transferred to a clinic in the capital, Harare, the BBC's Peter Biles in Johannesburg says.

The crash comes just two days after Mr Tsvangirai delivered his maiden speech to parliament after being sworn in as prime minister in Zimbabwe's power-sharing government, our correspondent adds.

He and his wife Susan, who were married in 1978, had six children.

The BBC News website's Africa editor Joseph Winter says Mrs Tsvangirai always stayed out of the limelight but was equally a source of strength to her husband, when in the past he was charged with treason and assaulted for his opposition to Mr Mugabe.

She accompanied him to court on several occasions.

There are no dual carriageways on Harare's inter-city roads, making overtaking dangerous, our correspondent adds.

Traffic accidents are common, often because of speeding and drink-driving.

May her soul rest in peace
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by mustafar1: 7:02pm On Mar 06, 2009
afam4eva:

The wife of Zimbabwe's Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai has been killed in a car crash in which he was also hurt, according to reports.

Susan Tsvangirai was travelling with her husband south of the capital, Harare, when the crash happened.

Mr Tsvangirai, leader of the Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) party, formed a unity government with President Robert Mugabe last month.

The two had been long-time rivals before agreeing a power-sharing deal.

MDC spokesman Nelson Chamisa told Reuters news agency that Mr Tsvangirai was not in a critical condition.

"We have just heard that there was an accident of sorts involving the president of the party. Injuries, yes, but not critical condition, we are still assessing the actual condition," he said.

Map
The prime minister is said to have been on his way to his rural home in Buhera at the start of the weekend when his vehicle was involved in a crash near Beatrice.

A second MDC spokesman, James Maridadi, told the Associated Press news agency that the car had been in collision with a lorry. The car was also carrying an aide, he said.

The prime minister was apparently not seriously hurt but was immediately transferred to a clinic in the capital, Harare, the BBC's Peter Biles in Johannesburg says.

The crash comes just two days after Mr Tsvangirai delivered his maiden speech to parliament after being sworn in as prime minister in Zimbabwe's power-sharing government, our correspondent adds.

He and his wife Susan, who were married in 1978, had six children.

The BBC News website's Africa editor Joseph Winter says Mrs Tsvangirai always stayed out of the limelight but was equally a source of strength to her husband, when in the past he was charged with treason and assaulted for his opposition to Mr Mugabe.

She accompanied him to court on several occasions.

There are no dual carriageways on Harare's inter-city roads, making overtaking dangerous, our correspondent adds.

Traffic accidents are common, often because of speeding and drink-driving.

[size=16pt]SOURCE PLEASE![/size]

The news i got says she was badly hurt not dead only if it was bad enough that it later led to death.

I SMELL A DEAD RAT. Gutt feeling says there might be more to this whole 'accident' than is known at this point.
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by Pataki: 7:04pm On Mar 06, 2009
Oh NO! I just heard it on AIT International now. sad sad sad This is so sad to hear. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

May her soul rest in perfect peace. Another touching side to the Zimbabwe story.
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by Afam4eva(m): 7:05pm On Mar 06, 2009
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by SamMilla1(m): 7:30pm On Mar 06, 2009
she is dead
My top suspect is BORAT GAMUBE
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by Ibime(m): 7:31pm On Mar 06, 2009
They are trying to say some lorry driver fell asleep and hit them. I wouldn't put it past Mugabe to 'hire' the lorry driver sha.
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by RichyBlacK(m): 7:32pm On Mar 06, 2009
May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by SamMilla1(m): 7:37pm On Mar 06, 2009
RichyBlacK:

May her soul rest in peace.

There is no peace in Zimbabwe man
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by Kobojunkie: 7:37pm On Mar 06, 2009
How convenient ! May her soul rest in Peace. I wait to see what Tsangiri will do after this.
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by Sauron1: 8:24pm On Mar 06, 2009
I smell a rat!!! Is that you, Mugabe??
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by Moonstone(f): 8:27pm On Mar 06, 2009
I have that same feeling I got when I heard of MKO's death. . . I don't think either of them was meant to live.
Mugabe is really, really messed up. I can only hope he's not involved in this but that's almost impossible angry angry
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by Afam4eva(m): 8:28pm On Mar 06, 2009
Mugabe must have a hand in this.
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by Moonstone(f): 8:32pm On Mar 06, 2009
afam4eva:

Mugabe must have a hand in this.
Please let us give him the benefit of doubt. I know he's cold hearted but he might not have been this evil.
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by Kobojunkie: 8:36pm On Mar 06, 2009
Moonstone:

Please let us give him the benefit of doubt. I know he's cold hearted but he might not have been this evil.

You mean this is by far worse than what we know the man has done so far? shocked
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by Moonstone(f): 8:38pm On Mar 06, 2009
Kobojunkie:

You mean this is by far worse than what we know the man has done so far? shocked
Not at all but wicked people must get tired once in a while now! Ah ahn! He has the country and all he has to do is share it a little. Why must he go as far as killing again after all he's done already?
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by MrCrackles(m): 8:41pm On Mar 06, 2009
Oh no! sad

RIP
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by Sauron1: 8:43pm On Mar 06, 2009
Mugabe is responsible.
There are many things one can do to a car to cause a serious accident.
The brake pads might have been messed with. The nuts n bolts of the tyres might have been loosen etc.
How can the President's wife just die like a fowl??
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by Moonstone(f): 8:52pm On Mar 06, 2009
I am no fan of Mugabe but I say Innocent until Proven guilty.
The only problem is if he's proven guilty, no one will prosecute him and who would even bother to prove him guilty in the first place. I feel bad for the people sha. It's bondage but may her soul rest in peace and may her husband resign gracefully before he dies.
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by Saruman: 8:57pm On Mar 06, 2009
shocked Simple. Engineered Assassination!
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by mustafar1: 9:05pm On Mar 06, 2009
Moonstone:

I am no fan of Mugabe but I say Innocent until Proven guilty.
The only problem is if he's proven guilty, no one will prosecute him and who would even bother to prove him guilty in the first place. I feel bad for the people sha. It's bondage but may her soul rest in peace and may her husband resign gracefully before he dies.

if he is ever found to have engineered the whole idea or even remotely know about it. i wont be surprised if a civil war ends it all. unfortunately South africa would be the one to get stuffed full with those displaced by it.
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by Moonstone(f): 9:11pm On Mar 06, 2009
must_a_far:

if he is ever found to have engineered the whole idea or even remotely know about it. i wont be surprised if a civil war ends it all. unfortunately South africa would be the one to get stuffed full with those displaced by it.
They can start their stupid killing again then! I don't pity those SA folks ONE BIT!
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by MrCrackles(m): 9:16pm On Mar 06, 2009
Sam Milla:

There is no peace in Zimbabwe man

And how does that stop her soul from resting in peace if she has lived her life well?!
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 06, 2009
i was driving when i heard this news.
i had to hold the steering a little tighter cos i almost lost it.

i hope Mugabe has no hand in this cos his hell fire will be different from others if guilty
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by GoldCircle: 9:41pm On Mar 06, 2009
Eyah! Really very sori! I believe strongly that this is Mugabe's African magic at work! Make Tsvangirai go meet Atiku Abubakar to teach am how to best to work with a despotic partner!
grin grin
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by princekevo(m): 8:52am On Mar 07, 2009
May her gently soul rest in peace,
Why are we attributing the cause of the accident to Mugabe or trying to politcalized the accident
That is jst an accident that can happen to any other zimbabwean,
Mugabe will be so stupid to do such a thing physically or spiritually, He is aware the whole world knows the both hasn't being in a gud relationship for years.
Re: Tsvangirai's Wife 'dead In Crash' by chidichris(m): 11:18am On Mar 07, 2009
the same thing happened in sudan when opposition leader was asked to be part of the govt.
he died in a similar crash via a helicopter as he was coming back from an official visit to ethiopia.
africa, i wonder how we will end this leadership madness.
the man is lucky to be alive.
may her soul rest in peace.

(1) (Reply)

Vc Laments Ndigbo Apathy To Education / Cbn Governorship: Presidency Shortlists Soludo, Sanusi, Bello, Ogunjobi / Berom, Yorubas And Ibos Wants To Kill Everybody And Take All The Oil, Why .?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.