Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

EFCC Grills Ex-head Of Service, Oronsaye. Invites Aliero & Senator Ahmed Yerima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Grills Ex-head Of Service, Oronsaye. Invites Aliero & Senator Ahmed Yerima (900 Views)

Ex-head Of State, Others Named In N1.09b Oil Deal / Senator Ahmed Yerima's New Look / EFCC Arrests Steve Oronsaye, Ex-Head Of Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Grills Ex-head Of Service, Oronsaye. Invites Aliero & Senator Ahmed Yerima by LocalChamp: 1:09am On Jul 09, 2015
EFCC grills ex-HoS, Oronsaye, invites Aliero, Yerima

JULY 9, 2015 : FIDELIS SORIWEI

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has interrogated a former Head of Service of the Federation, Mr. Stephen Oronsaye, in relation with the ongoing investigation into the alleged multi billion naira pension scam in the country.

Investigations on Wednesday revealed that the former Head of Service honoured an invitation by the commission when he appeared at the commission’s headquarters in Abuja about 9am.

An operative of the commission, who confided in our correspondent, said that operatives were still interrogating him in relation with the pension scam as of the time of filing this report by 6.30pm.

“He was not picked up; he was invited and he came on his own. He came very early; I cannot be specific but it was as early as 9am.

“The commission invited him because he was the Head of Service of the Federation when the pension scam occurred.”

The Head of Media and Publicity of the EFCC, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, confirmed the interrogation of the former Head of Service on the telephone to our correspondent.

He said, “Yes he is with us; I can confirm to you that the former Head of Service is with us.”

It will be recalled that the former Head of Service had some months ago faulted allegations against him.

He had said, “Through my years of practice, I have been guided by my firm belief in due process and accountability.

“By normal federal auditing procedure, where an audit has been carried out, audit observations made are forwarded to the auditee/entity for a comment/response. Ideally, those in office are expected to comment on audit observations regarding an entity. However, if they are unable to comment/respond then the proper procedure is for the observations to be passed on to those that were in the office covered by the audit, provided the persons are alive. I can confirm that no one has reached out to me in that regard.”

Investigations also revealed that a former Governor of Kebbi State, Adamu Aliero, had been invited to appear before the EFCC on Thursday.

It was further gathered that another ex-Governor of Zamfara State, Senator Ahmed Yerima, had also been invited by the commission to respond to corruption-related issues next week.

The EFCC operative could not give the exact date that Yerima would be a guest of the commission.

http://www.punchng.com/news/efcc-grills-ex-hos-oronsaye-invites-aliero-yerima/
Re: EFCC Grills Ex-head Of Service, Oronsaye. Invites Aliero & Senator Ahmed Yerima by dustmalik: 1:18am On Jul 09, 2015
I want to see these guys convicted.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Grills Ex-head Of Service, Oronsaye. Invites Aliero & Senator Ahmed Yerima by kodded(m): 1:25am On Jul 09, 2015
stories for the gods

1 Like

Re: EFCC Grills Ex-head Of Service, Oronsaye. Invites Aliero & Senator Ahmed Yerima by Nobody: 1:33am On Jul 09, 2015
Good one. EFCC under PMB are now more active than ever. Hope they (EFCC) are also not guilty of corruption too? undecided
Re: EFCC Grills Ex-head Of Service, Oronsaye. Invites Aliero & Senator Ahmed Yerima by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 09, 2015
I don't trust EFCC, what have then be doing during GEJ administration? Silly people.
Re: EFCC Grills Ex-head Of Service, Oronsaye. Invites Aliero & Senator Ahmed Yerima by kenedy175(m): 1:38am On Jul 09, 2015
all of a sudden EFCC started working. why have they been dormant all this years?
Re: EFCC Grills Ex-head Of Service, Oronsaye. Invites Aliero & Senator Ahmed Yerima by thaoriginator: 2:03am On Jul 09, 2015
Story for the drugged

1 Like

Re: EFCC Grills Ex-head Of Service, Oronsaye. Invites Aliero & Senator Ahmed Yerima by AbuMaryam1(m): 3:28am On Jul 09, 2015
sameer1212:
I just don't trust these EFCC, what have them be doing during GEJ administration? Silly people.
People will come and answer you gen gen.
Re: EFCC Grills Ex-head Of Service, Oronsaye. Invites Aliero & Senator Ahmed Yerima by ramje(m): 4:18am On Jul 09, 2015
Mbre ikoso.....
Re: EFCC Grills Ex-head Of Service, Oronsaye. Invites Aliero & Senator Ahmed Yerima by jammani(m): 4:24am On Jul 09, 2015
When asked if Gen Buhari was going to scrap EFCC and ICPC, he responded by saying "...we can't say they will be scrapped or not but we certainly know that when we assumes office, we are going to ask them what they have been doing"

Since then, EFCC started functioning again. The fear of BABA.........

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Grills Ex-head Of Service, Oronsaye. Invites Aliero & Senator Ahmed Yerima by wachakuta(m): 4:25am On Jul 09, 2015
Come pls... DID EFCC just wake up??

Wch wan be all dis shakara now.. upon u will not hear of anybody goin to jail

1 Like

Re: EFCC Grills Ex-head Of Service, Oronsaye. Invites Aliero & Senator Ahmed Yerima by Mooaloji(m): 4:53am On Jul 09, 2015
EFCC has become the most active agency of government under PMB. EFCC that was relegated under ebele by this words and I quote "stealing is not corruption" " hw much jim nwobodo stole, money that can't buy pegeot and Buhari regime sent him to jail, is that good? And d tanoids shot NO. God bless PMB and the federal Republic of Nigeria. Amen
Re: EFCC Grills Ex-head Of Service, Oronsaye. Invites Aliero & Senator Ahmed Yerima by frankyychiji(f): 6:31am On Jul 09, 2015
I will only believe Efcc when I see Tinubu and Amaechi in jail! But I have a feeling Silva would be the fall guy!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Grills Ex-head Of Service, Oronsaye. Invites Aliero & Senator Ahmed Yerima by omenka(m): 6:52am On Jul 09, 2015
sameer1212:
I just don't trust these EFCC, what have them be doing during GEJ administration? Silly people.
Even Lamorde himself confessed they were handicapped by the posturing of the immediate past administration.

But your english sha. lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

British Film ''palava" The First Film Shot In Nigeria By The Britains- Photos / Neat Tokumbo Lexus Gx470 2006 Model For Sale@n1m / Jehova's Witnesses HID Over 1,000 Sexual Abuse Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.