Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Best Species Of Vegetables And Fruits For Faster Snail Growth. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Best Species Of Vegetables And Fruits For Faster Snail Growth. (20372 Views)

Anambra Begins Exportation Of Vegetables To US / The Best Species Of Fish / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Species Of Vegetables And Fruits For Faster Snail Growth. by geeud(f): 8:40am On Jul 09, 2015
I have only been able to feed my snails with pawpaw, vegetables and plantain leaves since 3weeks now, but wondering what more combination or species of feeds & veges, can they be fed.
Aside pawpaw, tomato and watermelon fruits, what other fruits too can they consume and it won't harm them.
Do snails eat orange roughage, onions, spirogyra or pepper?
More ideas please, please be sure and sincere.
Re: Best Species Of Vegetables And Fruits For Faster Snail Growth. by dragon2(m): 8:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
I believe they eat waterleaf.But a research done suggests that pawpaw makes them sweeter when compared to waterleaf. However, taste is in the tongue of the eater. smiley
Re: Best Species Of Vegetables And Fruits For Faster Snail Growth. by midastouch: 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
They also eat tomatoes, chaff from corn (remnants from Pap), waterleaf;
Pawpaw leaf, all edible vegies and fruits, palmfruit, milled grains (e.g. finely ground corn, wheat). etc etc

Give them calcium in their diet. Maybe finely ground-up snail or chicken egg shells
Re: Best Species Of Vegetables And Fruits For Faster Snail Growth. by MoneyMerchant(m): 4:55am On Jul 13, 2015
watermelon, waterleaf, cucumber, carrot, pawpaw, pineapple, wasted food like garri, potato and corn chaff. Don't feed anything that contains salt.
Re: Best Species Of Vegetables And Fruits For Faster Snail Growth. by Nicogen4us(f): 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
Am an agroallied trainer and a farme, u can check my past posts to know more about me. i own a training coy. my answer to ur question is u giv unripe but mature pawpaw to make reproduction and production good and never feed with potatoes leave because it drop production rate. Also feed with compounded feeds if its for buz to make growth fast and if it is big snail(maginatas) but if its achantina achantina u may not spend much.
Re: Best Species Of Vegetables And Fruits For Faster Snail Growth. by OgbavighoAjiri(m): 6:45pm On May 27, 2016
Apart from leaves to feed the snails , can a boiler feed help them to grow faster?
Re: Best Species Of Vegetables And Fruits For Faster Snail Growth. by Ekg911(m): 12:23pm On Feb 13, 2022
Nicogen4us:
Am an agroallied trainer and a farme, u can check my past posts to know more about me. i own a training coy. my answer to ur question is u giv unripe but mature pawpaw to make reproduction and production good and never feed with potatoes leave because it drop production rate. Also feed with compounded feeds if its for buz to make growth fast and if it is big snail(maginatas) but if its achantina achantina u may not spend much.
Madam are you saying maybe planting a creeping crop like potato is not encouraging? Thank you for the pawpaw hint

(1) (Reply)

Broiler Growers And Dressers/buyers Meet Here / A Nairalander's Farming Experience In Pictures / EZFarming: Adewale Oparinde Wins Grant With His Agrictech Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.