Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days (49763 Views)

Who Sang This Mtncaller Tune Song?? / Please What Is The Name Of The Female Artist That Sang This Song / Top Five Hit Songs Not Written By Artistes Who Sang Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:41pm On Jul 09, 2015
cupidhero:
1-Cardinal rex jim lawson
Rex Lawson was a great musician, crowned King of Highlife in 1964.

1 Like

Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by kingarizona1(m): 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2015
tuffgongjo:
You mixed two songs together.,the Halleluyah track should be "edumare soro mi dayo"$the other is "Aiye" or something like that,"Ko songbon to le da,ko si wa to le wu,ko sona to le gb to le fi taye lorun o".

Its the 2nd part... Ko songbon to le da.... What's d name of that track please
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2015
Where is Majek Fashek?
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by GudluckIBB(m): 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2015
raphroye:
Highlife is the best, I have most of their songs on my laptop and phone...Highlife lovers ( i'm not talking to the kids o) like me can download them here WWW.tubidy.com just search for their name and u would surprise with the result.... Highlife is the best jare

Bro let's collide na, I'm a lover of highlife and I have rare collections that will blow ur mind
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by gulfer: 6:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
blublahd:
OP
where you put Ayinla omowura?

Prince Adekunle?
Who knows the track Panshaga ranti ola?
Am listening to 'Pansaga ranti ojo ola' now. Good ol music; I still enjoy them.

1 Like

Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by Mznaett: 6:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
[s][/s] So "BABA" friend bin dey wear cloth? Lol grin
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by crowbar(m): 6:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
You forgot the ladies favourite, JIDE OBI.

Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by semitunde: 6:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
Freemanan:

Or Chris Uba

Or Chris Oyakilomeh

1 Like

Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
gulfer:
Am listening to 'Pansaga ranti ojo ola' now. Good ol music; I still enjoy them.
Good music, you can just appreciate the depth of lyrics of such music.
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
tuffgongjo:
No one said so,infact some of Sunny Ade's song are laced with sexual innuendos but life that time was better than now$music wise this generation sucks.
Like "e ba tele mi ka lo s'agbo oni Mercury, nibi t'olomoge ti n f'omu lu'lu f'okurin jo. Gbasskelele!"
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:56pm On Jul 09, 2015
naptu2:

Here's a reading from the book of Wisdom.
(The main story is) Adapted from Aesop's Fables. . .
Ebenezer Obey - The Donkey, The Man And His Son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPlk0WIlrgI

It's also used in the movie, Mr Ibu. But it's bicycle that was used.
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by Chubhie: 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
GudluckIBB:

I have it bro!
Correct! Please share with a bro. Upload and share a link. Thanks.
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by tuffgongjo(m): 7:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Like "e ba tele mi ka lo s'agbo oni Mercury, nibi t'olomoge ti n f'omu lu'lu f'okurin jo. Gbasskelele!"
Yes o Baba Orlando.
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by GudluckIBB(m): 7:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
cry cry
Chubhie:
Correct! Please share with a bro. Upload and share a link. Thanks.
Send me a mail.
I no sabu upload, I be village boi
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
GudluckIBB:

Chris Mba not Chris Uba. He sang Ucheena, Money
"Shara dodo . . ."
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
lexy2014:
U mean d chieftaincy part?
Aye Mate...

1 Like

Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by semitunde: 7:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
tuffgongjo:
No one said so,infact some of Sunny Ade's song are laced with sexual innuendos but life that time was better than now$music wise this generation sucks.

"...alata sue sue, a dun ma ma d'eke o, yalumo yalumo!"

I never got that part till I was in my 20s. Nicely coded!
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by brownnyj(m): 7:09pm On Jul 09, 2015
what about Chris okotie
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by naptu2: 7:09pm On Jul 09, 2015
sonnie10:

You mean Jegede's wife. Her name is Apino.

Apena
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by feda01: 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
Sir Shina Peters(Afro juju)

Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by sonnie10: 7:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
naptu2:

Apena

I try, despite my limitations.
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by naptu2: 7:22pm On Jul 09, 2015
tuffgongjo:

OrlandoOwoh:

semitunde:

"...alata sue sue, a dun ma ma d'eke o, yalumo yalumo!"

I never got that part till I was in my 20s. Nicely coded!

"Ma f'owo kan beyen, ijo ni o ba mi jo o, daddy!"
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by naptu2: 7:23pm On Jul 09, 2015
sonnie10:

I try, despite my limitations.

Yes, you tried.

smiley
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by Menace2Society(m): 7:23pm On Jul 09, 2015
asumo12:

Ayahhh Bro listen to papa own gan gan u go know say if is not em e can't be em oooooooooooooooooooooooo
I can't joke with Ina ran!That baba na confirm!!!
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by Pamcrest(f): 7:26pm On Jul 09, 2015
Op that list missed out some greats. Where are Christy Essien Igbokwe, Salawa Abeni, and Rex Lawson.
Nice try though
My humble two cents
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by Menace2Society(m): 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
naptu2:

"Ma f'owo kan beyen, ijo ni o ba mi jo o, daddy!"
grin
Chai even baba Obey!
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by Pamcrest(f): 7:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
kingarizona1:

Its the 2nd part... Ko songbon to le da.... What's d name of that track please

Baba ketekete or sth like that
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by naptu2: 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
Menace2Society:
Chai even baba Obey!

grin That was actually Sunny Ade.
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by BOUNTYDOG(m): 7:34pm On Jul 09, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
God bless Orlando Owoh, Osita Osadebe, Orlando Julius, Victor Olaiya, Victor Uwaifo, Inyang Henshaw, Rex Lawson, Akaba Man, Mike Ejeagha, Sunny Ade, Ade Geto, Ojoge Daniel, Ayinla Omowura, Wale Glorious, Ligali Mukaiba, Ahuja Bello, Olavnji Yussuf, Peter Pick, Nelly Uchendu, Bright Chimezie, Danmaraya Jos, General Prince Adekunle Kayode Fashola, I. K. Dairo Bill Friday, St. Augustine and the Rovers Dance Band, Professional Seagull Dance Band, Paulson Kalu, Ralph Amarabem, etc.
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by toluene2016(m): 7:34pm On Jul 09, 2015
lolaxavier:
As with the fabulous smiting and magical eloquence that talking drums, ‘ilu', such as bata, gangan, sere, sakara and gudu-gudu have accorded the Yoruba music industry, the Igbo's have equally enjoyed the overwhelming effect of Ekwe, Udu and Igba in the Igbo music scene.
Interestingly, the exhilarating sounds of those drums combined with the enchanting soulful voices of musicians have made Nigerian music what they were back in the days.
Nowadays, the so-called reigning Nigerian songs are gradually lacking the power to inspire, as someone recently put ‘they are more of nuisance than inspiration which they're meant to be', contemporary songs in the Nigerian music world nowadays often lack rhythm, tone, symphony, good voice and soothing words. In short, they are simply becoming an unbecoming.

Below are musicians that really rocked it back in the days. Trust me, you will surely have that nostalgic feeling if you had the opportunity to sing to these songs back then.

good old days
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by Menace2Society(m): 7:35pm On Jul 09, 2015
naptu2:

grin That was actually Sunny Ade.
Oh i mean even baba Obey got his own funky songs too
Re: Oldies: Legends That Sang Into Our Hearts Back In The Days by OCTAVO: 7:35pm On Jul 09, 2015
Damn! I'm so surprised Funmi Adams didn't appear in that list.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Are You Listening To Right Now? / 17 Amazing Quotes By Tupac Shakur About Moving On In Life / Wizkid Performs For Nearly Empty Seats Last Night In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.