Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

The I'm Too Busy Syndrome - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The I'm Too Busy Syndrome (1009 Views)

Lady Announced Her Sister Was Missing But She Was Busy In The Bedroom With Men / Marriage And The Happily Ever After Syndrome: An Alternative Perspective / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The I'm Too Busy Syndrome by 54artistry: 8:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
THE I'M TOO BUSY SYNDROME

“I’m too busy” is way too common of a copout in modern friendships. And yet as it’s become more common, it’s also become more acceptable – hell, maybe even expected – when doling out reasons for neglecting friends and loved ones. What’s most frustrating about saying “I’m too busy” is that it’s pretty much a direct slap in the face to whomever you’re saying it to. You might as well tell the person, “Everything else in my life is exponentially more important and worth more of my time than you. XOXO.” Very few people can justifiably use the “I’m too busy” line – especially in this day and age when we literally have dozens of mediums through which we can communicate with people.
The worst culprits, though, aren’t the ones who repeat “I’m too busy” like it’s the chorus to a Miley Cyrus song. The worst ones are the so-called friends who keep up with your life via social media and are thus under some false impression that since they know your latest life updates (without ever talking to you about them in real life, of course), they somehow qualify for a Friend of the Year award.
That’s not how friendship works. Keeping up with my life on social media (i.e. liking all of my Instagram photos/Facebook updates, retweeting my entire Twitter timeline, etc.) is not equivalent to keeping up with me in, oh, this thing called REAL LIFE.
If you don’t have time to be a friend, say that. It’s better than pretending to be something you’re not. Because the fact of the matter is, if I send you dozens of text messages that you never respond to, you aren’t my friend. You’re a black hole, sucking away my time, energy, and consideration.
No one is ever "too busy", it's all a matter of priority! Value relationships because relationships MATTER
‪#‎Friendship‬ ‪#‎love‬ ‪#‎54artistry‬

Re: The I'm Too Busy Syndrome by ibrams(m): 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2015
nice....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The I'm Too Busy Syndrome by odinese(m): 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2015
coolkkk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The I'm Too Busy Syndrome by Tallesty1(m): 8:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
People can be really busy sometimes @OP.

It was around 10pm last night that I remembered that I haven't had lunch. Y'see? So busy that I didn't even have time for myself.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The I'm Too Busy Syndrome by sirthisthickkal: 8:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
undecided

*...sipping zobo... *

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The I'm Too Busy Syndrome by Cutehector(m): 8:59pm On Jul 09, 2015
Trust me, no one is too too busy.. Even on thr free time, they ought to reply... Weneva I notice I"m less of a priority in one's life, I diassociate myself frm such person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The I'm Too Busy Syndrome by ronald4lif(m): 9:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
One can be busy for a day or maybe two but any thing more than that is inexcusable and only goes to show one's precedence in the person's life. No matter how busy one becomes they'd always make and devise time to at least send a message informing their loved ones of their schedule. When I'm busy occurs frequently then there's a need to move on.
Re: The I'm Too Busy Syndrome by texanomaly(f): 1:25am On Jul 12, 2015
"Sed fugit interea, fugit irreparabile tempus, singula dum capti circumvectamur amore."
~Taken from The Georgics,
by the Roman poet Virgil

Translation: "But meanwhile it flees: time flees irretrievably, while we wander around, prisoners of our love of detail."

tempus fugit- time flees or time flies.

Time is a most precious commodity. Yet we squander it recklessly, irregardless of the consequences. It is irretrievable once it is gone. It can never be replaced, and will never come back to us.

There is a song by Josh Turner called 'Time Is Love'. This is so true.

Show me the thing a man will go out of his way for, and I'll show you the thing he loves most in this world. Time IS love. If you don't make time for something or someone, you do not love or appreciate it, or them.

If you want to give me something,
give me your time.

If you want to show me you treasure me, give me your time.

If you want to show your love, give me your time.

If you truly love me, please, give me your time.

Time is love
Give it to me and I am yours eternally.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The I'm Too Busy Syndrome by Nobody: 2:05am On Jul 12, 2015
Hnnnnnnn
texanomaly:
"Sed fugit interea, fugit irreparabile tempus, singula dum capti circumvectamur amore."
~Taken from The Georgics,
by the Roman poet Virgil

Translation: "But meanwhile it flees: time flees irretrievably, while we wander around, prisoners of our love of detail."

tempus fugit- time flees or time flies.

Time is a most precious commodity. Yet we squander it recklessly, irregardless of the consequences. It is irretrievable once it is gone. It can never be replaced, and will never come back to us.

There is a song by Josh Turner called 'Time Is Love'. This is so true.

Show me the thing a man will go out of his way for, and I'll show you the thing he loves most in this world. Time IS love. If you don't make time for something or someone, you do not love or appreciate it, or them.

If you want to give me something,
give me your time.

If you want to show me you treasure me, give me your time.

If you want to show your love, give me your time.

If you truly love me, please, give me your time.

Time is love
Give it to me and I am yours eternally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The I'm Too Busy Syndrome by Dyt(f): 6:15am On Jul 12, 2015
Yes I can really be soooo busy but not for that special person and yes I can form busy too

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Lagos Men Are Going For Village Girls As Wives / I Ditched Regular Hampers For This! / 13 Things That Are Too True About Nigerian Parents And Phone Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.