Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,084 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law (25777 Views)

Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. / Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? / Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by UjSizzle(f): 7:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
Buddy up with her.

Smile a lot-- A lot. You can get away with almost anything if it's delivered in good humour.

Always come ready with juicy stories about other people. Eziokwu the easiest way to an elderly woman's heart in this Naija is through gossip (good natured gossip smiley)
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by freecocoa(f): 7:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
Chi59:

I beg to disagree. Rigidity seldom ameloriates issues.
@OP, God bless you
You can disagree all you want.

If you think it's wise to follow certain rules to get people to like you, then goodluck with that, I don't believe in such.

Life shouldn't be that complex.

All I know is that, I don't go about looking to annoy or offend people, therefore I won't walk on eggshells for anyone.

I don't see what rigidity has to do with my post.

1 Like

Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
Is it in a world where my mum is busy chatting with her daughter-in-law to be on whatsapp, that I would start taking down this list in preparation for my own mother-in-law? Naaaaa...

For a mother-in-law, God will give me a woman who would treat me like my mum treats her soon-to-be daughter-in-law. He knows I don't have the body for difficult or fastidious people.

smiley
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 7:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
adedayourt:

u dey find Virgin wen INTROVERT dey der.
shez been tested nd trusted grin grin

Nah, I don't think she is a virgin. But IF....she is...then she must be beautiful+ must know how to prepare Ugu. grin
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by delishpot: 7:57pm On Jul 10, 2015
cupidhero:

If only you knew the kind of love and respect men have for their moms you would not be saying this.....if you only knew.

And daughters dont love their moms too?

Abegi, no need for women to win or fight to win anyone over. Live with your MIL as you will live with your hubby. Its normal expectation for everyone to be nice and respectful so no need to even mention that one. If she has sense she too will know that you are someones daughter and you are loved by your own family too. She the MIL should also work to make her DIL feel at home in her new family.
Yes at first a MIL may be jealous of her DIL but a right thinking mother will not stress another womans child.
Women, be responsible and respectful to your DIL and leave the rest to her. No need to fly to the moon and back in order to make her accept you. What the hell, you should have sought acceptance before the wedding anyhoe. Why the medicine after death?
Maybe MILs should be trained on how to help their DILs settle down comfortably in tgeir new homes.
Eh, as for those women that lack home training and are quick to abuse and insult their DILs and work day abd night to turn the faces of sons from their parents, Karma is a biatch.
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by adedayourt(m): 8:18pm On Jul 10, 2015
NgwaManNaija4LF:

Nah, I don't think she is a virgin. But IF....she is...then she must be beautiful+ must know how to prepare Ugu. grin

oh sorry she doesnt know hw to prep ugu
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by tohpahz(f): 8:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
emmatok:

Yes she's lotto because you won her son.
If you don't like her leave her son alone.

Am marrying her son.. not her..
She should stick to her own husband..

I won her son.. wtf!! Like he's doing mi a favor by getting married to him?
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
adedayourt:

oh sorry she doesnt know hw to prep ugu

Then am sorry grin
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by omodapson(m): 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
Adufetohposh:
If she no like me, me seff no like am grin

Oju aiye is allowed wen her son is around, I can't shout cheesy

And you are praying to be a MIL later in life?
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by mightyrocket(m): 8:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
MIL sounds like milliliter (ml) as been pronounced by my CHM lecturers ;DMIL sounds like milliliter (ml) as been pronounced by my CHM lecturers
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
omodapson:

And you are praying to be a MIL later in life?
Sure thing.... I'm sure I will understand my place in my son's life which is to be his mother and allow his wife to be his wife cheesy

I dnt wish my MIL death but i can't Force her to like me, the choice is hers undecided
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
My mother in law should be the luckiest MIL for having a DIL like me.
may God keep me to see my Daughters in law.
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by tohpahz(f): 9:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lamispaco:
yeah,you choose the kinda thoughts you wanna adopt,and also just because the Op listed 23 doesn't mean your still gonna win over her,you can't satisfy human that's for sure.

But then forget about your hubby been a mamas boy,every man wants a woman that will be loved by his own family..

I'm in no.mood to argue.. am too tired sad
Buh i stick to wat i said earlier, i won't lick ass to mk her like mi!!

Wana use this opportunity to tell dharay99 that i love him grin
And ermmmm That's it na wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by dharay99: 9:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
tohpahz:

I'm in no.mood to argue.. am too tired sad
Buh i stick to wat i said earlier, i won't lick ass to mk her like mi!!

Wana use this opportunity to tell dhara y99 that i love him grin
And ermmmm That's it na wink
0yin, I saw ds,
buh we qo meet ⁴backstaqe.!

#chop kiss small# kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by Princephelar(m): 9:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
21! U shulda asked us wat we did wit God's 10 commandment...

In other news,
Pls My peeps anticipate "THE INTERVIEW" my audio comic skit dropping soonest... 90% loading
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by tohpahz(f): 10:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
dharay99:

0yin, I saw ds,
buh we qo meet ⁴backstaqe.!

#chop kiss small# kiss kiss

Lolzz.. okay dear grin
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by LaRoyalHighness(f): 10:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
This is hard work.... But will try.
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by emmatok(m): 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
tohpahz:

Am marrying her son.. not her..
She should stick to her own husband..

I won her son.. wtf!! Like he's doing mi a favor by getting married to him?

LOL,

When you marry her son, she automatically your Mother in-law.

If you don't like her stay away from her son-shikena

You forget wives can be divorced, but mothers can't be rejected.
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by pointzero30: 11:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
live wit her as a stigma n remember dat one day u will become mother in law dat time what d bible say dat d measure use for somebody will be used on you will be cemmented in ur life. cuddle her n she will learn to luv u.
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by ROYALD(m): 11:30pm On Jul 10, 2015
NICE
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by Joy1706(f): 11:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
cupidhero:

If only you knew the kind of love and respect men have for their moms you would not be saying this.....if you only knew.
NEWS FLASH: we women have mothers......and GUESS WHAT? We love love love and respect them so much too. So hw about you learn 10 or maybe 23 different ways to kiss ur MIL"s aszzz eh?

2 Likes

Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by amaben2020(m): 3:30am On Jul 11, 2015
freecocoa:
All these just to be accepted? Story.

Whatever happened to being one's self, Abegi.
that's why girls like you don't last long in relationships talk less of getting married, you can't follow this simple steps to enjoy your Marriage but you can climb 100steps just to sleep with that Alhaji
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by ModiKen(m): 7:27am On Jul 11, 2015
freecocoa:
All these just to be accepted? Story.

Whatever happened to being one's self, Abegi.

Smtyms being urself may not please ur ML, if u truly love ur man and ur home, apply those things the op said.

Smtyms they may even come naturally to u.

BTW, the guy above me is totally correct, u wont last long in ur marriage if u don't take simple advice. Your mother-in-law can make ur marriage hell for u.

Be wise
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by Berniceakin: 7:47am On Jul 11, 2015
with all these, I guess understanding our MILs should be included in school curriculum, lol.
Anyways, I've always prayed to have a MIL, just love them, and I'm sure I'm going to have an amazing one because her son is. Amen
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 11, 2015
This is really scary.... Have only met her twice and she spills hot and cold, I am totally confused, don't know if she will like me or not but boo is reassuring. #Ruthmoodactivated
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by cupidhero(m): 8:44am On Jul 11, 2015
Joy1706:

NEWS FLASH: we women have mothers......and GUESS WHAT? We love love love and respect them so much too. So hw about you learn 10 or maybe 23 different ways to kiss ur MIL"s aszzz eh?
Easy tigress!! grin grin
I didn't mean it like that tho.... the OP's tips was kinda strict but my question is if your mother inlaw happens to be a real life viola fields? Will you just tell her to go f**k herself or will you do a few of the tips in this post just to make things right?
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by winner01(m): 9:44am On Jul 11, 2015
Joy1706:

men seldom beef themselves, women mostly beef themselves even when its needless...thats the reason for that list.
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by Vismat(f): 10:33am On Jul 11, 2015
Adufetohposh:
If she no like me, me seff no like am grin

Oju aiye is allowed wen her son is around, I can't shout cheesy
Abi o, ko ju bee lo!
Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by DrGroove(f): 10:36am On Jul 11, 2015
Murder-in law!

Hmmmmm! terrorising daughters-in-law since 1900

1 Like

Re: 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law by tohpahz(f): 7:31am On Jul 12, 2015
emmatok:

LOL,

When you marry her son, she automatically your Mother in-law.

If you don't like her stay away from her son-shikena

You forget wives can be divorced, but mothers can't be rejected.

Did u read properly.. ?

I ddnt say i won't like my mother inlaw..
I said if she doesn't like mi,i won't force her to..and whu told u dat mother's can't be rejected..

*african ppl sef!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Building A Family: Can Your Home Last Without Finance? / I Don't Want To Live A Normal Lifestyle: Study, Work, Marry, Have Children..etc / Help Me Loosen My Brother's Grip On Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.