Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics (6645 Views)

5 Nigerian Songs That Shouldn't Have Been On The Spotlight / List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 / Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by pomide(m): 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
Have you ever listened to a song, you have no idea what the artiste is talking about?

Fret not, You are not alone! That’s the norm now. Garbage music.

We love our artists and appreciate all they do, see the thing is, sometimes we have no idea what they are talking about in the songs and are confused in what direction the music is heading.

Take for example Wizkid’s In My Bed that was massacred for months because he couldn’t make up his mind on whether he wanted the girl in his bed, or he wanted to praise God, or sing praises to politicians and prominent people.

While the list of songs with senseless lyrics is really, really, really long, these are just 5 songs that we don’t what the hell these singers were thinking or doing or where the motivation came from to make these songs.

Timaya- Ekoloma Demba - First of all, what is Ekoloma Demba? We would like to believe it means something in Bayelsa, and isn’t one of these worthless phrases every musician is inventing these days. There was practically no single of lyrics to this song when we searched for it, because no one could figure out what Timaya was mumbling throughout the song, in fact at one point he actually made a mumbling sound.

We know Timaya is the self-proclaimed King of commercial but we miss the Dem Mama, True story Timaya, who made meaningful music. That’s what pushed him to the limelight in the first place, all the life stories he told.

Take Banana – D’Prince - This has to be the grandfather of all senseless lyrics and we are sure D’prince regrets making it. He has stated he wants to start making meaningful songs, we forgive him but we still have to talk about this.

D’prince used the phrase “Take Babana till you go yo” 56 times throughout the duration of the song, makes you wonder what hapened to the rest of the song, right?

The phrase “Take banana to till go yo”, sounds really vulgar we just don’t know what it means or if it should even be in a song.

Like we said D’prince has repented and is set to drop better songs, so let’s move on.

Terry G – Totori - While Take Banana is the grandfather of all senseless songs, Terry G is the ancestors of making songs with senseless Lyrics. Lol! Don’t believe us?Let’s go back to Free Madness and try to pick one of his songs since then that was actually meaningful.

We had so many, so so many of Terry G’s songs that could have made this list but we decided to stick with Totori because it is the most painful, and it’s recent, which means he’s still packaging rubbish to dish out to us.

The song Totori has phrases like Hakuna Matata, Baby Shake Your Big Bum Bum, Oya let’s go ginger, Oya feel my paro, make I nak you akpako, Skibo Skiba Skibobo Ski alaba skalabos. WTF! These artistes are taking us for granted.

MC Galaxy – Komolop Cholop - We love to hate this song. While the dance step is admirable, the lyrics makes no sense at all. We are still yet to figure what Komolop Cholop means.

From Every indication Galaxy believed using good producers (Shizzi and Uhuru) would cover up for the mess that was his lyrics. Just like Wizkid there was noharmony in the song, he was very confused; he didn’t know if he should teach us the dance step, or if he should name-drop and at one point he told us we shouldn’t be jealous of him. Huh?!

We respect his hustle though, he’s really moved up fast since appearing in Iyanya’s Kuruke video but we think he should do better lyric wise.

KCee – Hakumata - It was really difficult for us to pick between Love boat and Hakumata, since Love boat is a recent rubbish and Hakumata isn’t, but Hakunamata is so bad we just had to go with it.

Where do we start from? The song, the video the lyrics, the whole song was a disaster!

Hakunamata is supposed to be a phrase that should cheer people up when they are down, not something to use on a girl you are planning to run through.

In the song, Kcee actually calls himself a monkey in the song and calls the girl (whoever he was referring to) Banana. Lol!

In another part he says “Cicilia bum bum, cicilia bum bum, Shebi na your bum bum, cicilia bum bum” really?

After dishing out more trash he ends the song with “Au revoir, au revoir, Baby no wahala, Ehn ehn baby no wahala” . Ah! Ah! Is it that hard to write good lyrics? Why are you even a musician?

Dear KCee, please stop feeding us garbage, signed people that love their ear drums.

culled directly from: www.vibeafrik.com

Kindly check for more write-ups (not by force)... before you say 'make my hand bend if i click that link and all that' nairalanders cruel lol grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 10, 2015
grin
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by winetapper: 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2015
wande coal patoranking...

My woman my....

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by momentum85(m): 7:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lol. They are really taking us for granted. Na wetin ganja dey cause. Can any good thing come out of ganja inspiration?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by Precious91(m): 7:21pm On Jul 10, 2015
Op,ya right
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by dulux07(m): 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
Is it only 5 Like 90% of naija songs ve senseless lyrics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by nigelcoop: 7:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
I like dis kind nonsense wey dey full dem bank accounts oo...hehehehehe
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by Samuelkirk(m): 7:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
Why listen to them when they are senseless.. rather listen to gospel songs with inspiring lyrics

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by may01(f): 7:27pm On Jul 10, 2015
grin WizKid's in my bed is so.annoying coz I heard it everywhere angry
As for the rest, I don't really care
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by espn(m): 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2015
I expect Olamide and Phynos- Iranu Abasha to top dis list! Nonsense song. Very foul lyrics..stupid lines and dis song is bin played around kids..smh..

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by witnezHD(m): 7:32pm On Jul 10, 2015
after singing their stupidity ...they will wan to received bet award on the same stage wit great singers like Chris brown and other *^▁^*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by Tocheagle(m): 7:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
most of them shoot music videos with the same dry concept
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by Lordave: 7:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
Skelewu

Shoki

And all TerryG songs
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by ShakurM(m): 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
- My blood is so full, u can call me a bloody fool

- Give me ShawarMA don't give me shawarSIR

Wtf! angry

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by coolebux(m): 8:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
winetapper:

My woman my....
This boy oya delete this post fast fast
Must you coment?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by winetapper: 5:22am On Jul 11, 2015
coolebux:
This boy oya delete this post fast fast

Must you coment?

do you know me before undecided

or have you tasted my palmwine.. angry

#Leans front and back..

You know what

Please do me a favour and....

ge ra ra here... Shiiit mehn undecided undecided

WineTapper
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by hatux: 8:20am On Jul 11, 2015
winetapper:

My woman my....
Man! That's the most played song on every radio now... And you called it senseless song embarassed... Don't you like your own woman?

*singing*my woman, my everything....
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by cao(f): 11:55am On Jul 11, 2015
And on the beat is Davido, and I'm driving all the girls crazy yo, na na na na na na nay ni no, na na na na na na nay ni no
Whatever Di'ja was saying in the tinini tanana hook in Yaro. Thanks to Google, tinini tanana, biko biko n'glolo, am I Rhianna? Baby na sokoto, me I'm kwash kwash, me I'm, me I'm kwash kwash.

When I keep telling folks that Nigerian mainstream music falls into two categories - stupid catchy music & catchy stupid music - they think I'm joking...

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by joywendy(f): 12:15pm On Jul 11, 2015
cao:
And on the beat is Davido, and I'm driving all the girls crazy yo, na na na na na na nay ni no, na na na na na na nay ni no
Whatever Di'ja was saying in the tinini tanana hook in Yaro. Thanks to Google, tinini tanana, biko biko n'glolo, am I Rhianna? Baby na sokoto, me I'm kwash kwash, me I'm, me I'm kwash kwash.

When I keep telling folks that Nigerian mainstream music falls into two categories - stupid catchy music & catchy stupid music - they think I'm joking...

grin grin grin
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by cao(f): 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2015
joywendy:

grin grin grin
Na lie I talk? I'll never forget the first time I heard Take Banana when I came home for the holidays, my sister used to play it non-stop. I kept asking her what the song meant, she shrugged and kept dancing. Or when May D's Ile Ijo was everywhere, it still surprised me that people had been singing the song for at least six months, didn't know what it was on about, I listened to it once and seemed to know everything it was on about.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by cao(f): 2:56pm On Jul 11, 2015
Your waist, your waist, all I want is your waist...
What about the other 98% of her body?
He wants my figure 8.
No girl, he only wants your waist, the 8 implies your whole body. I guess singing your lower half, your lower half, all I want is your lower half... might make everyone think you're a weirdo.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by Chanchit: 3:46pm On Jul 11, 2015
The one weh shock me pass na when Iyanya ft donjazzy. Where iyanya said he want to romance the girl from couch to the bed, from the bed to the bed room. grin

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by cao(f): 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2015
Chanchit:
The one weh shock me pass na when Iyanya ft donjazzy. Where iyanya said he want to romance the girl from couch to the bed, from the bed to the bed room. grin
Iyanya don miss road-o, Google Maps can not help him.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by joywendy(f): 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
cao:

Na lie I talk? I'll never forget the first time I heard Take Banana when I came home for the holidays, my sister used to play it non-stop. I kept asking her what the song meant, she shrugged and kept dancing. Or when May D's Ile Ijo was everywhere, it still surprised me that people had been singing the song for at least six months, didn't know what it was on about, I listened to it once and seemed to know everything it was on about.
Lol, the thing is most nigerians don't listen to the lyrics. Na to shake body be the trend. Seriously,you even tried to listen to it. I can't, waste of time for me most of the songs sang by our nigerian artist has to do with getting a babe,bleeping her or something. Nothing meaningful anymore.Just make some beat and put any kind of lyric and you are in millions.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by cao(f): 8:17pm On Jul 11, 2015
joywendy:

Lol, the thing is most nigerians don't listen to the lyrics. Na to shake body be the trend. Seriously,you even tried to listen to it. I can't, waste of time for me most of the songs sang by our nigerian artist has to do with getting a babe,bleeping her or something. Nothing meaningful anymore.Just make some beat and put any kind of lyric and you are in millions.
I can't help myself, my default setting is to listen, now when I was younger that was a different story. The only time I don't really listen to a song is when I don't understand the language, doesn't stop me from phonetically singing it, though.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by Seunvense(m): 8:25pm On Jul 11, 2015
Most Nigeria songs.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by Seunvense(m): 8:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
Samuelkirk:
Why listen to them when they are senseless.. rather listen to gospel songs with inspiring lyrics
U've said it all bro.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by safarigirl(f): 9:49pm On Jul 12, 2015
I like Iranu abasha ...anyway I don't understand 80% of it. Only got Phyno's part.

Y'all need to cool it with the bashing of naija songs though. The songs you call shiiitreceive more international recognition than your sensible songs. They must be doing something right in the midst of all that 'senseless' lyrics.

Anyway, in the spirit of the thread, lemme list others:

I can't believe In My Bed by Wizkid isn't on this list, that song is almost as shiity as Take Banana

I've never understood the idea behind Tekno's Dance, whenever I hear the sing, I just ask 'why?'

Everything ever done by B-Red, especailly that nauseating "Twerk" song, should be thrown into a blackhole
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by cao(f): 9:54pm On Jul 12, 2015
@safarigirl, they didn't ask for international songs, you could practically pick any random American rap song. We could just probably use 90% of 2Chainz' lyrics or whatever Chief Keef attempts to mumble out of his mouth.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Songs With Senseless Lyrics by iamkingzlee(m): 10:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
safarigirl:
I like Iranu abasha ...anyway I don't understand 80% of it. Only got Phyno's part.

Y'all need to cool it with the bashing of naija songs though. The songs you call shiiitreceive more international recognition than your sensible songs. They must be doing something right in the midst of all that 'senseless' lyrics.

Anyway, in the spirit of the thread, lemme list others:

I can't believe In My Bed by Wizkid isn't on this list, that song is almost as shiity as Take Banana

I've never understood the idea behind Tekno's Dance, whenever I hear the sing, I just ask 'why?'

Everything ever done by B-Red, especailly that nauseating "Twerk" song, should be thrown into a blackhole

lol. You are here again cheesy you just have born hatred for BRed. Twerk is bad though, but isn't that BAD BAD. Atleast, I like what i saw in the video grin it compensated me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why So Much Hate on Genevieve Nnaji? / Can You Sing Your National Anthem Or Recite Your Nationl Pledge / Is Nicki Minaj Missing Her Man Or A Man ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.