Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,279 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Whose Coffers Does The Money Sanctioned For Bail Or Money Fined Go To? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whose Coffers Does The Money Sanctioned For Bail Or Money Fined Go To? (786 Views)

Rivers Commissioner Of Police Francis Odesanya To Be Sanctioned For Aiding Wike / APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour / How To Report Any Nigerian Policeman Asking For Bail Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whose Coffers Does The Money Sanctioned For Bail Or Money Fined Go To? by Oooops: 9:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
Please I've always thought about this and i need professionals to enlighten us. Who actually receives the money sanctioned by the our reputable court either for Bail or Money Fined
Federal Government purse, Court, Judge, Ministry of justice, Police or who
Re: Whose Coffers Does The Money Sanctioned For Bail Or Money Fined Go To? by seedgreen(m): 9:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
Following
Re: Whose Coffers Does The Money Sanctioned For Bail Or Money Fined Go To? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
The money doesn't go anywhere, the court simply instructs the bank to convert it into a bond pending further directive. Hence, the money remains with bank or Cbn without access to whoever offered the sum.

Now, having said that...bail monies are simply a penalty for jumping bail and it is directly proportional to the severity of the charges/allegations, directly proportional to the criminal record of the accused (I.e likelihood of evading arrest) but inversely proportional to what we term "personal recognition".

But ever since Chief Diepreye Alamiesgha disguised as a princess to jump bail, personal recognition lost its value.

Now, if the accused eventually jumps bail, the bail money is remitted into the account of the respective government (state govt. for state high court or lower courts, FG for federal high court or higher courts). All transfers are handled by the banks with an instruction from the court. So, at no point are judges allowed to handle such monies.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Coffers Does The Money Sanctioned For Bail Or Money Fined Go To? by Cutehector(m): 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
The federal government
Re: Whose Coffers Does The Money Sanctioned For Bail Or Money Fined Go To? by Sunofgod(m): 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
Judges account,
Re: Whose Coffers Does The Money Sanctioned For Bail Or Money Fined Go To? by DaBullIT(m): 9:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
I'd love to know that too

but if you paid bail in a police station , trust me , Oga DPO na him go chop am with hin boys them grin
Re: Whose Coffers Does The Money Sanctioned For Bail Or Money Fined Go To? by Princecalm(m): 9:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
does the statement bail is free only applies in police stations.
Re: Whose Coffers Does The Money Sanctioned For Bail Or Money Fined Go To? by Oooops: 9:50pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lalasticlala, Ishilove... come oh.... we need to be enlightened please...
Re: Whose Coffers Does The Money Sanctioned For Bail Or Money Fined Go To? by donphilopus: 9:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
Re: Whose Coffers Does The Money Sanctioned For Bail Or Money Fined Go To? by laidian(m): 10:05pm On Jul 10, 2015
Bail in court is not the same with the perspective of police. however, its 'post' but never 'paid', the money can only be forfeited if the suspect jumps bail. if that occurs, the money, and fines are part of royalties paid into govt coffers.
Re: Whose Coffers Does The Money Sanctioned For Bail Or Money Fined Go To? by Oooops: 10:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
laidian:
Bail in court is not the same with the perspective of police. however, its 'post' but never 'paid', the money can only be forfeited if the suspect jumps bail. if that occurs, the money, and fines are part of royalties paid into govt coffers.
You speaking with respect to the police.... By the way, we have different Government coffers....
Also i also want clarity in terms of court sanctions....

(1) (Reply)

Ten Reasons Why Diezani Alison-madueke Must Go To Prison / I Rep Boko Haram T-shirt Now On Sale. / Picture News: Some Pictures Of President Buhari’s Trip To USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.