Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

What The Government Could Do To Help Nigeria As A Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Government Could Do To Help Nigeria As A Nation (799 Views)

Ejigbo In Lagos: A Town Abandoned By The Government. / World Leaders Shun Nigeria: As President Buhari Addresses Empty Seats / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What The Government Could Do To Help Nigeria As A Nation by Badguytinz(m): 6:28am On Jul 11, 2015
1) Education: I will stress this, EDUCATION. This a very big problem we have and what we all seem to know as education is going to school and A's and goods grades, and probably go to a big name school like corona. Taa! An average Nigerian child knows little to nothing about Nigeria, and then how do we expect to see a better future when all they think about is Rick Ross is dope or I want to be like Nicki minaj. However, I think what I'm about to write may help.

Appointing the right teachers with the right pay - Even though most our government schools may be haphazard and dirty at least let's get the enlightenment we are thirsting for. Most teacher only care about their salary , and when they teache it is like as if they hate the students/ pupils, beating them viciously like they are the cause of all their problems. On the other hand a good teacher would correct the student or pupil appropriately, teaches in an enthusiastic manner such that the student won't see going to school as a chore. There is more to this, but can't type for long mahn.

Rejuvenate some places we call universities, with good facilities and experienced professors and a few really good lecturers. Adding /making more universities of at least satisfactory standard

2) Electricity - I mean like really how much will it cost? $1billion tops . Nigeria can definitely afford that.if we had electricity 24/7, do they realize how that can make businesses boom. Make our economy better. Greed is a bastard. Some may be against what I'd say, but taking like $5billions from foreign strictly for the betterment of Nigeria wouldn't hurt, after all we need money to make some more.

3) Entrepreneurship and Privatisation: what else can I say about thsee? I mean they are the keys to economic development. But our government is paddy paddy /monopoly

4)Health: We have so many medical graduates all over the world, some even went to havard, but they stay oversea to practice. However I don't blame them because the starting salary of a doctor in Naija is 200k-400k , while they can practice abroad with a starting salary of about $150k.
If the government is wise , I advise with thin a ten year span, they build at least two high standard and maybe 3 other average standard hospitals in each state. Also the starting salary for a well trained medical doctor be a minimum of 600k a month.

5) Other necessary developments, like agriculture ,research, energy/building oil refinery, infrastructure, should follow

I have probably left some stones unturned, but the four mentioned above would help Kickstart Nigeria towards progression smiley smiley smiley
Re: What The Government Could Do To Help Nigeria As A Nation by Macwytt(m): 6:28am On Jul 11, 2015
R

(1) (Reply)

Despite Fg’s Claim, Radio Biafra Still On Air / Read President Buhari’s Eid-el-fitr Message / Buhari To Make 6000 Appointments – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.