Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Where Are The Fish? Mark 1:14-20 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Are The Fish? Mark 1:14-20 (428 Views)

Do You Still Pray Saying, “if It Is The Will Of God, God Do It?” - Mark 1:40-41 / Lessons From The Birth Of Jesus (3) - John 1:1-14 / Morning Devotion: Where Are The Fish? Mark 1:14-20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Are The Fish? Mark 1:14-20 by graluxxy054(f): 7:40am On Jul 11, 2015
A pastor told me a fascinating story of a church in a Canadian fishing village. The founding fathers had chosen to build the church at the rocky edge of the Atlantic ocean. Because it was located at the center of where the fishermen and townspeople lived, the church flourished.
As the congregation grew, however, the members decided to construct a new building far from the waterfront. Then an interesting thing happened. They seemed to lost their zeal for the lost after they moved. Why? Some said it was because there were no longer among the people.
We see in Mark 1 that Jesus began His ministry by walking among the Sea of Galilee and calling fishermen to be His disciples. He told them, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men" (v.17).
Where are the "fish" in our communities? Do we expect them to come on their own to our church and hear the pastor present the gospel? Or have we chosen to follow Christ and become fishermen who dare to go where the fish are, taking the message of life and hope to our schools and workplace and neighborhoods?
Just as we won't catch fish in a kitchen sink, we can't "catch" souls if we don't go where they are.
>>> David C. Egner

Good morning

(1) (Reply)

UP COMING EVENT We Are Inviting All Christians / My Life Was A Lie / Same Category Of Ignorance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.