Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) (31594 Views)

Man Injures His Stepson For Buying Him Bread Instead Of Cigarette (Graphic) / The Face Of The Thief Electrocuted By Barbed Wire in Kogi (Photos) / Man Injures His Househelp In Lagos For Stealing His Money (Graphic pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by Cwaya(m): 11:31am On Jul 11, 2015
Man injures wife, whips daughter with barbed wire

[img]http://1.bp..com/-VvTHq16UL_o/VaDrX8bLkzI/AAAAAAAF3Gs/-k8MNH3m6XE/s1600/00.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-XQpxyg-hg68/VaDrYeKuWAI/AAAAAAAF3Gw/dWd02JEbPFw/s1600/Kafayat-Kareem-a-Junior-Secondary-School-1-student-with-the-Canal-Secondary-School-Orile-Lagos.jpg[/img]

… over lotto game

For trying to defend her mother from assault from the dad, a 12 year old girl, Kafayat Kareem, is in critical condition following beatings she allegedly received from her father.

Kafayat, a Junior Secondary School 1 student with the Canal Secondary School, Orile, Lagos, would have died from the wound she sustained after her father flogged her with barb wire but for the intervention of vigilante members who found her writhing in pain at the dead of the night at Oyingbo market at Ebute- Metta.

Kafayat was rushed to the Star Clinic at Ebutte -Metta where she is receiving treatment from the wound she sustained all over her body.

Narrating how she incurred the wrath of her father, Kafayat said, “I live with my parents at 4 Kuforiji Street, Orile. On July 7th, I ran away from home after receiving severe beating from my father. My offence was that I tried to stop him from beating my mother. My father accused my mother of using his hard earned money to play lotto game and he descended on her with anything he could lay his hands on. My father alleged that my mother loves patronizing lotto game and he beat her up mercilessly and broke her knees. Despite my mother’s cry for help, none of our neighbours came to her rescue because they are afraid of my father.

“I could not bear the beating anymore and I begged my father to stop beating my mother. He became furious and pounced on me.

“This is not the first time my father will beat my mother and I. I have lost count of his endless beatings. On one occasion, I begged my mother to relocate four of us her children to Ilorin so we can stay away from our father due to his constant beating. I am the first child but my mother said my father will change but he has gotten worse by the day. My mother is presently on admission at the Charity Hospital at Orile following the beating my father gave her.

“I could not stand his beating anymore and I ran away from home to meet one of my mother’s friends at Oyingbo market but I did not meet her when I got to the market. I was in great pains and I decided to sleep in the market because I do not want to go back to my father’s house. It was while I was sleeping at the market that some vigilante men came and rescued me. I told them my plight and they took me to the hospital where I am presently receiving treatment”

Agbodemu Musbau, the secretary of the Vigilante group of Nigeria at Ebutte Metta stated that the vigilante men on night patrol at Oyingbo market found the girl writing in pains and rescued her.

“On July 9th about 4am, I received a report from our members patrolling the Oyingbo market along the railway line that they found a girl laying in pains in one of the stalls. I told them to bring her to our office and when I saw her body, I asked her what happened and she told me that her father beat her with barb wire. I quickly mobilized and took her to the Star Clinic at Ebute- Metta where she is receiving treatment the wound on her body had become sores and I wonder what type of a father will beat a child like that. I took her to the Iponri police station to report the battering but the policemen there turned me back that they do not handle such a case. I took her to the Area C police Command at Surulere and the police there refused to attend to us. They told me to take her to the office of the Public defender. I have been running around with this girl since morning to get the necessary authority to look into this matter and arrest the father but they have refused to take the case,” the man said.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/man-injures-wife-whips-daughter-with-barbed-wire/
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by YerYer: 11:48am On Jul 11, 2015
Stories like these defy a response. You beat your child with barbed wire simply because she was trying to protect her own mother? Then on fridays you will wear your favorite clothes & shoes with a quran on your hand saying you are going to mosque, terrible.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by Bonapart(m): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2015
Muslims: plague of the world
World without islam : HEAVEN
#islamabad
#islamarugged

Imagine a human with soul did this to his own seed
Wat do you think he will do to another or a stranger

Humans with beast's heart

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by Richie0974: 11:49am On Jul 11, 2015
What sort of a father does that....and even the police refused to help...what a country!!
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by kingstylo01(m): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2015
Abeg remove that picture. See dry chest..

On a serious note, that man needs to be taken to WWE and fight with Randy Orton. After Randy finish with am, nobody go tell am make he stop dey beat women. Nonsense man. Na for women head he get power..

5 Likes

Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by O4KASIBEE: 11:49am On Jul 11, 2015
No, he shouldn't be called a father.

Poverty Na Bastard

1 Like

Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by Segadem(m): 11:49am On Jul 11, 2015
what
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2015
Bonapart:
Richie0974:

No problem...sometimes silence is the best answer to such outrages.

I don't know why some Nigerians behave with such anger. If the girl died.....that brings more problem.
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by intergral(m): 11:50am On Jul 11, 2015
Wicked and evil!
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2015
wicked!
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by Obascoetubi: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2015
THOSE ARE IGBOS IN LAGOS watch DsTv on ur android phone,

→SKY SPORT 1-5
→NAT-GEOWILD
→VEVO
→MTV BASE
→BEIN SPORT
→WRESTLING
→SONY MAX SKY NEW
→BBC
→ABC
→ALJEEZERA,
→CNN
→ACTION MOVIES

download software now =>> http://kogistar..com/2015/07/learn-how-to-watch-free-dstv-on-your.html

2 Likes

Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by Segadem(m): 11:50am On Jul 11, 2015
YerYer:
terrible
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by yomifola(m): 11:50am On Jul 11, 2015
What a mess... I will recommend a plastic surgery for her
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by alaoeri: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2015
Heartless man.
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by itzWarner(m): 11:51am On Jul 11, 2015
Thunder to fire the bastard

1 Like

Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by Dindondin(m): 11:51am On Jul 11, 2015
ok
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 11, 2015
Obascoetubi:
THOSE ARE IGBOS IN LAGOS

And it is wrong to be a bigot.
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by jerflakes(m): 11:52am On Jul 11, 2015
Mbanu! angry

Tigbuo nu ya.

O ekwensu k'obu.
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by Kingbilo(m): 11:52am On Jul 11, 2015
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by Bonapart(m): 11:52am On Jul 11, 2015
bushdoc9919:

No problem...sometimes silence is the best answer to such outrages.

I don't know why some Nigerians behave with such anger. If the girl died.....that brings more problem.
why you quick bust us like that
You be vigilante ni

1 Like

Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by zeb04(f): 11:52am On Jul 11, 2015
I think that word "my husband will change" is what will kill so many Nigerian women.

18 Likes

Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by HRich(m): 11:52am On Jul 11, 2015
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by tintingz(m): 11:53am On Jul 11, 2015
Nigerian police are a big mess to this country, imagine refusing to save this little innocent girl from her monstrous father.

1 Like

Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by Aquarazy(m): 11:53am On Jul 11, 2015
Do women actually do lotto? Thought that stuff is wah men do.. Anyways, no man in his right senses should beat up his wife. He needs therapy
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by iphanyiuma(m): 11:53am On Jul 11, 2015
why are you hyping the news na....that injury looks healed and the girl looks ok so why are you telling us that she almost died. and is still unconscious...all these news pipo sef you and buhari I no know who better pass
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 11, 2015
Bonapart:
why you quick bust us like that
You be vigilante ni

No....just a honest citizen of the Parish....just a honest humble citizen of the parish.
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by Harkynkunle(m): 11:53am On Jul 11, 2015
Many Nigerians mental state seriously needs to be checked.... lots of mental retarded ppl... on d streets
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by yanjutomi(m): 11:54am On Jul 11, 2015
dis is bizarre, this guy need to face d law ........ dem cry
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by fatdon2(m): 11:54am On Jul 11, 2015
angry
Very sickening and animalistic
behaviour, I am thoroughly disgusted
(smh).
angry
Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 11, 2015
Wow she speaks good english.

On a serious note the crime rate in Nigeria is on an all time high.

We need stricter laws for crimes.

Rape, armed robbery, pedophilia, murder, kidnap should all carry the death penalty.

The prisons dont have the capacity to hold so many criminals...

At least so men like the victims father can spend some 10year behind bars .

1 Like

Re: Man Injures Wife, Whips Daughter With Barbed Wire In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 11, 2015
wait ooo, I dnt understand dis police anymore.isn't dis suppose to b child abuse? y dem no wan cum attend to d matter. Sumtimes i jst feel we shld b policing ourselves.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yewande Oyediran Charged To Court For Killing Her Husband In Ibadan (Photos) / Woman Arrested For Damaging Neighbour’s Scrotum / Two Police Officers Fight Over A Bus Window On Their Way To Ebonyi State (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.