Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) - Rap Battles (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) (29736 Views)

Is Rakim The Greatest Rapper Of All Time? / ATTN: Nairaland's Greatest Rapper 2008 / Rap Tournament: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by Sista(f): 8:08pm On Jan 16, 2007
@naijafan

Let's be realistic hear, if MM is selling more than Tupac, I would think it has to do with Tupacs early death and the fact that racist whites don't find anything interesting about Tupac. On the other hand, you have racist whites and not so racist whites coupled with the open minded blacks, who purchase MM music.

Let's not forget also that Tupac has been dead for about 10 years now and his records are still selling. In fact, he is still producing records because he was such a natural lyricist, he produced so many songs that to this day, he is still putting out new albums even in his death. When it comes to natural [/b]and not [b]manufactured talent, Tupac is the one. Tupac needed no gimmicks, no promotional stunts, his natural talent, who he was, spoke for it self.

Also, just because someone is selling more so than others does not make them the best, many times it just means they had a better marketer.

Everything MM knows about Rap music, he learned from black people and it was black people who put him on. That is the bottom line. Do you deny that?

My point is yes MM is good, he is exceptionally a brilliant rapper but just like paddy said, his success is survived by the fact that he happen to be in the right place at the right time. A time when a white rapper was desperately needed in the white urban community's.

Also, just like Paddy said, lately MM has been falling off, you know why? because other white people are taking over his trend. Did you see the reality show that comes on about "the next white rapper?" If you have seen it, you should know what I am talking about. There shouldn't even be a show called "the next white rapper."
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by mukina2: 8:40pm On Jan 16, 2007
from rap music to black or white . na wa o
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by naijafan(m): 8:50pm On Jan 16, 2007
@mukina2
me self run down

@sista
have you listened to 'eminem presents the re-up'? maybe you should. that dude is in a world of his own, simple.
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by mukina2: 8:52pm On Jan 16, 2007
yeah and whoever is hating on eminem he's my best rapper . .

pls lets go back to rap . .
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by gbadex1(m): 9:52pm On Jan 16, 2007
yo, naijafan. . . u still haven't replied. u wanna battle?
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by gbadex1(m): 9:53pm On Jan 16, 2007
yo, naijafan. . . u still haven't replied. u wanna battle?
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by Sista(f): 3:10am On Jan 17, 2007
@Naijafan

@sista
have you listened to 'eminem presents the re-up'? maybe you should. that dude is in a world of his own, simple.

I totally agree.
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by naijafan(m): 10:00am On Jan 17, 2007
gbade.x, i'm down for a battle anytime. when's it starting? or should we create a new thread for it?
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by naijafan(m): 10:09am On Jan 17, 2007
@sista

hmm, "the next white rapper". That title isnt out of context based on the fact that eminem announced retirement from mainstream rap after he released encore, although rumour had it early last year that he was beginning to call up producers to work on a new album; now we have 'the re-up' - which is like a combined album for the whole shady records crew. . . who know's what will come next?

"the next white rapper" show might even end up being eminem! tongue
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by Sista(f): 10:33pm On Jan 17, 2007
"the next white rapper". That title isnt out of context based on the fact that eminem announced retirement from mainstream rap after he released encore,

@Naijafan

You would really have to see the show to understand what I am talking about, it is history repeating it self. Whites getting all of their information from seemingly naive blacks and then claiming to have always been in possesion of the knowledge before blacks. In other words, in a few years, white people will have taken over rapp music claiming that they were the first ones, the ones who invented rapp music. If Black people had a show called "The next black Bill Gates" to white people that would have been threatening and the show would not air, especially if it was a serious show where they showed black people as really talented, even more talented than Bili Gates. If it is a show to show how stupid Blacks are, with the title "The Next black Bill Gates" that would be another story, in that case, it would be a comedy show to laugh at those backward and low IQ black people .

They would call a black person racist for even coming up with the idea of a show that excludes whites, yet would not be if not for a white man, that white man being Bill Gates. If you notice, you have probably never seen a show on Television for blacks that didn't include whites. However, I am sure you have seen many shows for whites and the entire cast consist of white people. It is always blacks going out of their way to show everyone that they accept everyone as equal to them, while everyone else is constantly showing them (black people) that they are not accepted as equal.
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by paddylo1(m): 10:55pm On Jan 17, 2007
@sista
I dont think that rap can ever be taken over by white people. . .the reason being that rap comes from struggle. . .you cant be rich and living in the surburbs and be rapping who will take u serious. . .go ask K-FED, u gotta have street cred. .like jigga ma nigga said, the streets is watching, however, if there is ever a day that black and latino people in America start to live larger and richer than whites to the extent that there are no more ghettoes or poverty. . .then i will gladly hand over hip-hop to white folks, hell,no one loves to live in the ghetto. . .lol
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by Eurphoria(f): 11:21pm On Jan 17, 2007
wow ! another thread hijacked by the obsession of the white man versus black man.

[center]GUYS RECLAIM YOUR THREAD[/center]
THread:Greates Rappper on Nairaland NOT white/black
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by Sista(f): 12:00am On Jan 18, 2007
@Paddy-Lo

I don't think that rap can ever be taken over by white people. . .the reason being that rap comes from struggle. . .you can't be rich and living in the surburbs and be rapping who will take u serious. . .go ask K-FED, u gotta have street cred. .like jigga ma nigga said, the streets is watching, however, if there is ever a day that black and latino people in America start to live larger and richer than whites to the extent that there are no more ghettoes or poverty. . .then i will gladly hand over hip-hop to white folks, hell,no one loves to live in the ghetto. . .lol

When white people set out to take over something or capitalize fully on something they start manufacturing ways to do so.

Believe you me, they will and can manufacture white kids with struggles to rapp about. Who knows maybe they will rapp about incest or what horrible troubles in life drove them to blowing up schools or something

Did you know white people stole lyrics and music from black people during th 40'50 and 60's. They even imitated black moves/ dance style at their stolen lyric and concerts.

They took over tap dancing as well, it was Africans who invented tap dancing when their drums got taken away from them during slavery.
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by Christino(m): 12:08am On Jan 18, 2007
FINAL RESULTS shocked

Lyrical Sniperz

punctuality: 100%
attendance: 66.7%
rhyme scheme: 90%
adherence to rules: 88%
Rap Assessment(metaphors,punchlines,construction and creativity): 88%
public opinion: 66.7%
Unanimous vote: 2
Average:83.23%
Judges' verdict: Winner

Metafuh Mataduhz

punctuality: 100%
attendance: 66.7%
rhyme scheme: 92%
adherence to rules: 91%
Rap Assessment(metaphors,punchlines,construction and creativity): 90%
public opinion: 33.3%
Unanimous vote:1
Average:78.83%
Judges' verdict: Another Tie and a final worthy of mention

Greatest Rapper this fixture: Tianshie
Greatest Rhyme Scheme this Fixture: Naijafan

OVERALL (Individual)Tourney Results:

Best Rap Group: Lyrical Sniperz
Best Rapper: Tianshie/Magneto
Best Rhyme Scheme: NaijaFan/Tianshie
Best Freestyler: Paddy_lo/Naijafan
Best New Revelation: Gbade.x/NaijaFan
Judges' Most promising rapper of the tourney: Magneto

Guys,

Till we record objections, we think it was a long awaited tourney and are glad it's "finally" ended.

Next Tourney comes up in April (Quarterly).
Presiding Judges: Tianshie, Menike and Toosyno

(Christino's & Mukina's contract(s) expire in March)

Hope you guys have a great time organizing. We'll stand in the stands with the Jury.

CHEERS! wink
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by naijafan(m): 11:00am On Jan 18, 2007
At last!

hmm, best rhyme scheme cool second best freestyler cool second best new revelation cool (even tho i dont understand what the heck that means)
Magneto, when we gon party?! Tianshie, nice one tho. Thank you butts I wouldnt have to whoop your ass next tournament, cos u'd be judgin'.
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by magneto(m): 11:31am On Jan 18, 2007
HA! "most promising rapper" <couldn't help laugh at that> . . . anyhow sha, no long thing!

yo naijafan, go 'head make some noise bruh! i dey wit u. grin

@tianshie - u tite mayne, 4 real. (but i already knew that) big ups anyways!

@paddy_lo - 'twas nice whooping ur ass mate! maybe we'll be partners next time, huh? (no mind me o! grin wink)

@ everyone else - thank y'all for ur support and kind words (racist or not, lol!) see u at the next episode!!

[size=20pt]LYRIKAL SNIPERZ RULE!!![/size] cool
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by naijafan(m): 12:17pm On Jan 18, 2007
@sista

there would never be a show called 'the next black bill gates'. why?! cos there never was one, so why would there be a next?
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by hoodboi(m): 1:09pm On Jan 18, 2007
congrats u guyz

i'll like to know

Sup peepo, what it do. I want to know the kind of music naija peeps appreciate apart from dancehall and what makes a dancehall song loved by naija peeps.
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by Jduck13(m): 2:44pm On Jan 18, 2007
wats good ya bois back da One and only J-Nice

fans feelin da beat
want to talk shit ya be feelin da heat
7 days of da week
da street going to speak
mofuckas is gunnin I have u runnin like a creek
holdin it down so u callin me gravity
every bitch in da thang hear my name want to have me
I'm sellin da rocks and bouldas slangin da cola
im white but i got mo color den crayola
got yaw key if u got da benjis
because I'm lookin fresh up in my benz c
u don't like me my ass unda da mistletoe
jus hope u aint one them dudes I send a missle fo

cheeaaaaaa I'm back and better
comin fo da cheater
i've improved my spit from every line to every letta

wassup holla at ya boi J-Nice Da Lyrical Assasain
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by naijafan(m): 3:39pm On Jan 18, 2007
J-Nice, that was really off the hook, more like the fish i caught last week
sh*t! did i just say that dumb line, i guess not. . i just aint yet at my peek
blah blah. . . why the heck am i sitting here and forcing myself to rhyme
i guess i'm just high, i just drank a fifth of vodka. . my form of celeberation!
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by tianshie(m): 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2007
@Judges
I accept your verdict.I'd just like to know how tha judges voted.
@Paddy
Nikker it's like they say:Tha best plans of men and mice may not work.
We gave it our best shot,don't want to go into tha 'why this &why that'
We represent 247365 to tha end time.
@Lyrical sniperz
Congrats. Magneto,game recognise game.

Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by Sista(f): 8:14pm On Jan 18, 2007
@Naijafan

There would never be a show called 'the next black bill gates'. why?! because there never was one, so why would there be a next?

Actually I was just using Bill Gates as a far fetched example.

Actually, they did have a show called "the apprentice" which was something like "the next Bill Gates" only Donald Trump was who the people in the show were striving to be like. That show had a mixture of people, but then again the show wasn't called "the next Donald Trump." It was called "the apprentice".
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by naijafan(m): 11:41pm On Jan 18, 2007
@sista
i dont stay in yankee, most of those shows arent my bother. btw, what are you driving at?
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by Sista(f): 3:02am On Jan 19, 2007
@Naijafan

don't stay in yankee, most of those shows arent my bother. between, what are you driving at?

Just forget it baby, I didn't mean to keep interrupting this topic. I will explain to you some other time in a topic where all of that is applicable.
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by naijafan(m): 3:33am On Jan 19, 2007
but really, eminem could go on selling records for all i care. i'ma even help him buy some as i love him so much cheesy
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by Sista(f): 3:38am On Jan 19, 2007
but really, eminem could go on selling records for all i care. i'ma even help him buy some as i love him so much

Whatever floats your boat babe. wink
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by BigShishi(m): 9:02pm On Jan 21, 2007
@ j. duck

im white but i got mo color den crayola

you might be white, but ya skills ain't tight

gat mo kolor than crayola? so guess u talkn bout me
AND IF u talkn bout crayola, then you talkn bout shish
don't swim in ma lake , lest u gat gills like a fish
but i know u aint, u going to get drown'd like a b*tch
ma finger tips catch fire because of ma key stroke skills
how you improved ya spittin, when ya cobras still teethin?
so come back at shish, when you illing wit da spittin
because i aint done this in a minute and already i gat y'all shittin

FLO MI RA KU LAZ!!
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by mukina2: 9:12pm On Jan 21, 2007
yo shishi \

where have you been? shocked shocked wink
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by gbadex1(m): 11:16pm On Jan 21, 2007
. . . in the hell i sent him.
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by gbadex1(m): 11:16pm On Jan 21, 2007
. . . in the grave i sent him.
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by gbadex1(m): 11:17pm On Jan 21, 2007
. . . in the grave i sent him.
Re: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament) by gbadex1(m): 11:22pm On Jan 21, 2007
Psyche! tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (30) (Reply)

Compilation Of My Favourite NL Lines / Gospel Rappers Arise. Lets Rap with Gospel Lyrics only / Flow For Rank-- Audio/vocal Lounge 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.