Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,809 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. (45511 Views)

Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) / Heavy Storm At Yoruba Village In The United States. See Photos / Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 12, 2015
elego1:
Note - cost of living in the united state was got from a united state information website.

1) MEAL, INEXPENSIVE RESTAURANT
US - 2000 naira ($10)
Nigeria - 100 naira.

2) CAN WATER(0.33 LITRE)
US - 266 naira ($1.33)
Nigeria - 50 naira.

3) ORANGE
US - 356 naira($1.76)
Nigeria - 20 naira.

4) ONE WAY TICKET (COMMERCIAL BUS)
US - 400naira($2)
Nigeria - 30-50naira

5)TAXI
US - 600naira($3)
Nigeria - 50 naira.

6) ONE MINS. OF PREPAID MOBILE TARIFF
US - 32naira($0.16)
Nigeria - 20naira.

7) INTERNET(MONTHLY)
US - 9400naira for unlimited browsing
Nigeria - 1000naira for 1GB.

cool ONE PAIR OF JEANS
US - 8000naira
Nigeria - 1000naira or 300naira for aloko.

9) ONE BEDROOM RENT PER MONTH
US - 152,600naira($976)
Nigeria - 4000 naira.

10) AVERAGE MONTHLY SALARY FOR PROFESSIONALS
US - 538,800naira ($2684)
NIGERIA - 60,000 naira.

TO BE CONTINUE..........

Where did you get those reduced figures for Nigeria?. Meal #100, taxi #50
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by mikron(m): 6:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
allanphash7:
Nigeria is cursed
its ur country that is cursed not my fatherland. angry

1 Like

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by ClintonNzedimma(m): 6:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
The comparism should be on the minimum wage structure.
What can 18k do for u in a month compared to what $1486 can do.
If you get 1 million a month and ur expenses is 900k amonth, and me i get 50k a month and my expenses runs at 25k, i am richer than you technically

2 Likes

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by banAddict: 6:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
sonofananimal1:
YOU DEY COMPARE THOSE TWO COUNTRY angry
I HAVE BEING TO SOME FOREIGN COUNTRY, BUT MEN NIGERIA IS STILL THE BEST, AND THE BEST OF ALL.

A HOME OF BUSINESS, AND EASY GOING LIFE, EXCEPT THERE WOMEN angry I HATE NAIJA WOMEN
I suggest you join me is enjoying the ukwucious Ghana babes wink

Naija babes ain't loyal tru tru undecided

1 Like

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by allcomage: 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
MY WIFE USED TO BE CRAZY ABOUT US VISA LOTTERY AND THE LOFTY IDEA OF LIVING IN THE U.S. BUT I WAS NEVER INTERESTED.I LIKE NIGERIA AND MOSTLY GHANA.THEN AN OPPORTUNITY CAME FOR US TO GO,I SPENT THREE MONTHS OF summer AND I ASKED TO STAY AS LONG SHE WANTED TO SEE THE FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE IN AMERICA.BY THE END OF ONE YEAR SHE WAS CRYING TO COME BACK NOT THAT SHE MISSED ME,BUT BECAUSE FOR AN ADULT IMMIGRANT,AMERICA IS A huge slave camp,LIFE IN THE U.S. IS SWEAT,TEARS AND BLOOD.THE GLAMOUR AND ELDORADO YOU SEE ON TV ARE QUITE DIFFERENT FROM THE REALITY .SHE WAS SO HAPPY TO COME BACK AND VOWED TO WORK HARDER HERE IN NIGERIA,THAT SHE PREFERS NIGERIA.GUYS WATCH OUT,DON'T LEAVE YOUR GOOD JOB HERE FOR GREENER PASTURE.I WANT,TAKE PERMISSION AND SNEAK OUT AND OBSERVE THE COUNTRY.YOU MAY FIND YOURSELF SELF RUSHING BACK AND THANKING GOD YOU DIDN'T RESIGN.SOME NIGERIANS WHO USED TO DO 4 -7HRS JOB IN NIGERIA ARE REGRETTING DOING 12-16HRS JUST TO MAKE ENDS MEET.THINK TWICE AS THE GRASS IS NOT GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FENCE.

3 Likes

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by zeezahbee(f): 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
OP your list ain't updated.

Update it well so I can come back and comment grin
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by eliwa47(m): 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
Pls don't ever compared death with sleep oooo, things are far cheaper right here.
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by mikron(m): 6:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
ITbomb:
I always tell people, if you have a good income and family, the best place to live is NIgeria. MOre oppurtunities are in the US but if you have a good opportunity in Nigeria, you are better off.
so so true

1 Like

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
elego1:
Note - cost of living in the united state was got from a united state information website.

1) MEAL, INEXPENSIVE RESTAURANT
US - 2000 naira ($10)
Nigeria - 100 naira.

2) CAN WATER(0.33 LITRE)
US - 266 naira ($1.33)
Nigeria - 50 naira.

#TRASH# COMPLETE TRASH.
3) ORANGE
US - 356 naira($1.76)
Nigeria - 20 naira.

4) ONE WAY TICKET (COMMERCIAL BUS)
US - 400naira($2)
Nigeria - 30-50naira

5)TAXI
US - 600naira($3)
Nigeria - 50 naira.

6) ONE MINS. OF PREPAID MOBILE TARIFF
US - 32naira($0.16)
Nigeria - 20naira.

7) INTERNET(MONTHLY)
US - 9400naira for unlimited browsing
Nigeria - 1000naira for 1GB.

cool ONE PAIR OF JEANS
US - 8000naira
Nigeria - 1000naira or 300naira for aloko.

9) ONE BEDROOM RENT PER MONTH
US - 152,600naira($976)
Nigeria - 4000 naira.

10) AVERAGE MONTHLY SALARY FOR PROFESSIONALS
US - 538,800naira ($2684)
NIGERIA - 60,000 naira.

TO BE CONTINUE..........

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Moheat(m): 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
Op check the cost of living in Cities like Abuja, Port Harcourt among others because this seems like the cos of living in States like Osun, Kebbi among others.
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by ayindejimmy(m): 6:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
crazydove:

That one is 100naira in abuja,lagos 500naira.its only danfo and keke that can carry you for 50naira and it will be a walkable distance.where OP see taxi for 50naira?that 100naira food is all those mama put and women hawking food in car park and its more than 100naira.if you calaculate cuz meat(50naira)if its chicken(100naira) rice maybe 20naira and naija man can't eat 20naira rice he will request for 100naira rice with assorted meat.then buy 50 naira plantain.abeg calculate everything if its still 100naira we never add pure water o

In ibadan, Katsina and some not too commercialized states I've been you get a cab just to drop at a not too far busstop for 50 naira
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by aspirebig: 6:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
There is no need for this comparism, US has better currency and better policies.

If you are visiting Nigeria and you rely on this information, you are OYO.

US is still better as you will enjoy what you are paying for. A whole lot of things are getting expensive in Nigeria daily, without commensurate quality input.

1 Like

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by mikron(m): 6:46pm On Jul 12, 2015
crazydove:

Is that good food?food that they have spit and finish inside.we mean better food with big meat.and will one spoon which is 50 naira belle full you?won't you add plantain meat etc
well it might not be good food to majority of us Nigerians especially the Educated ones but as long as it keeps the belly of the common man going like the labourers in the sites etc and as long as they dont complain then yes its good food. cheesy cheesy
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:49pm On Jul 12, 2015
Afam4eva:

I think the OP is referring to taxis that pick several passengers at the same time and he compared it with the one that picks a single person in the states.

I also never knew people still buy a full meal for 100 naira.
U be learner, Olohun!
D below iz #60 total with extre #40 chanji!
No wayo! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 12, 2015
mikron:
well it might not be good food to majority of us Nigerians especially the Educated ones but as long as it keeps the belly of the common man going like the labourers in the sites etc and as long as they dont complain then yes its good food. cheesy cheesy

Wait so agbero will eat one spoon of rice are you reading your post?that's not qualified as good food.go and tell agebro that he's enjoying o eating mama iya beans.then wait for his response

1 Like

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by ayeniblessing(m): 6:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
[quote author=allanphash7 post=35784796
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
banAddict:

YOU JUST MAKE MY DAY, I WILL LOVE TO OHH, BUT IF MY BABE FIND OUT, SHE WILL COMMIT SUICIDE, AND I AM NOT VERY GOOD AT DOUBLE DATING
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 12, 2015
sonofananimal1:

YOU JUST MAKE MY DAY, I WILL LOVE TO OHH, BUT IF MY BABE FIND OUT, SHE WILL COMMIT SUICIDE, AND I AM NOT VERY GOOD AT DOUBLE DATING

What type of woman would agree to date an Ode! undecided
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by IYANGBALI: 6:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
crazydove:

Abeg which cab/taxi is N50 in Nigeria.in Lagos is 3000naira and above.in abuja is 200naira.is keke that is 50naira even bus is 100naira.
In abuja,Lagos,Warri,PH,Bayelsa,Uyo,Enugu etc you won't see house of N4000. And prices varies in every state.Go and do a good research.
no mind the op
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Austinio: 6:57pm On Jul 12, 2015
[quote author=free2ryhme post=35784765]

na wao o for the Op; are You paying in naira or dollar
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by mikron(m): 6:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
crazydove:

Wait so agbero will eat one spoon of rice are you reading your post?that's not qualified as good food.go and tell agebro that he's enjoying o eating mama iya beans.then wait for his response
i never mentioned rice in my posts, i was merely quoting a poster when he said he doubts if there is anywhere in naija where u can get food for N100 and i said in lagos u can get ewa agoyin (beans) for N50 and agege bread for same N50 making a total of N100. i never mentioned rice sir
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Captainswag225(m): 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
banAddict:

bad guy

1 Like

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by banAddict: 7:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
sonofananimal1:

ur girl undecided

just tell her you are going for an office assignment in Ghana nd come flex yourself..

That's my favourite lie undecided nd it has never failed
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Brytawon(m): 7:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
gringringrin
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
mikron:
i never mentioned rice in my posts, i was merely quoting a poster when he said he doubts if there is anywhere in naija where u can get food for N100 and i said in lagos u can get ewa agoyin (beans) for N50 and agege bread for same N50 making a total of N100. i never mentioned rice sir

Lol alright
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
banAddict:
ur girl undecided

just tell her you are going for an office assignment in Ghana nd come flex yourself..

That's my favourite lie undecided nd it has never failed
grin grin you are write, but what of your emotional appearance undecided

Women do detect some kind of emotional malfunction when especially you cheat.

That will be one of my problem, to fake it
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Alowonlejnr(m): 7:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
Am sure d last time dis OP visited Nigeria was d era of western Region...........passa bitter self na 100naira
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Sigo86(m): 7:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
OP, dis won't stop me if I get U.S Visa na na na.... Na country we dey here so or Jungle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Young Lady Dies In Accident In Enugu. Do You Know Her? (Photos) / A Car Crashes Into Jabi Lake In Abuja (video) / Some Epic Coastal Highways From Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.