Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. (45458 Views)

Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) / Heavy Storm At Yoruba Village In The United States. See Photos / Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by wexyee: 8:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
Chinaimporter:
[size=18pt]i am sure you are living in one of these South West shanty towns like oshogbo because those are the only places you will get things that cheap because people there are worthless children fu cking beasts with no sense of self worth[/size]
animal...
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
Insidous:

Higher because she is Russian angry. Seriously? You are dumber than a rock. You are worth nothing. Your class is zero. You have a complex issue. You need to see a therapist.

You know my younger brother asked me why I would be chatting with someone like you. He said he never figured me out as that type of personundecided.
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
[quote author=sonofananimal1 post=35789041][/quote]

What? You got nothing to write grin

That is how exactly I feel when I read your jargons. However the thing is I am right about you and you will be always WRONG about usgrin
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
Insidous:

Higher because she is Russian angry. Seriously? You are dumber than a rock. You are worth nothing. Your class is zero. You have a complex issue. You need to see a therapist.

You know my younger brother asked me why I would be chatting with someone like you. He said he never figured me out as that type of personundecided.

YOU still got it wrong. I didn't say she is higher, I only said higher based on what you said about class. If you read it well, I do say there is nothing like class, INFACT class does not exist. I have seen a lot of NAIJA woman who is far beautiful and greater than her, the temptation alone can is even unbearable.

But there is one thing that keep us going. Love love and love.

God know I don't have a complex issues and I have never base any body on class.

If you base everything about class. Yes my class is zero, even a sane human being won't use sonofananimal as a user name.

But one thing I do know is that the most important thing in life is just being yourself for who you are, not what you are
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by musicwriter(m): 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
stinggy:

I will like to see each item compared in percentage or fraction of income.

That's it!. When you compare the average income against those prices, you'll find out things are costlier over here.

1 Like

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by musicwriter(m): 8:33pm On Jul 12, 2015
elego1:
Note - cost of living in the united state was got from a united state information website.

1) MEAL, INEXPENSIVE RESTAURANT
US - 2000 naira ($10)
Nigeria - 100 naira.

2) CAN WATER(0.33 LITRE)
US - 266 naira ($1.33)
Nigeria - 50 naira.

3) ORANGE
US - 356 naira($1.76)
Nigeria - 20 naira.

4) ONE WAY TICKET (COMMERCIAL BUS)
US - 400naira($2)
Nigeria - 30-50naira

5)TAXI
US - 600naira($3)
Nigeria - 50 naira.

6) ONE MINS. OF PREPAID MOBILE TARIFF
US - 32naira($0.16)
Nigeria - 20naira.

7) INTERNET(MONTHLY)
US - 9400naira for unlimited browsing
Nigeria - 1000naira for 1GB.

cool ONE PAIR OF JEANS
US - 8000naira
Nigeria - 1000naira or 300naira for aloko.

9) ONE BEDROOM RENT PER MONTH
US - 152,600naira($976)
Nigeria - 4000 naira.

10) AVERAGE MONTHLY SALARY FOR PROFESSIONALS
US - 538,800naira ($2684)
NIGERIA - 60,000 naira.

TO BE CONTINUE..........

10) AVERAGE MONTHLY SALARY FOR PROFESSIONALS.

USA- 538,800naira ($2684)

NIGERIA - 60,000 naira.

With the above, do your mathematics, and you'll find out things are more expensive in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
Insidous:

What? You got nothing to write grin

That is how exactly I feel when I read your jargons. However the thing is I am right about you and you will be always WRONG about usgrin
YOU READ THINGS UPSIDE DOWN AND THAT IS YOUR BIG PROBLEM undecided

YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING, I MAY BE WRONG ABOUT YOU PEOPLE, BUT ONE THING I DO KNOW IS THAT MOST OF YOU PEOPLE ARE LIKE THAT
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by temmytanny(m): 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
average income of professionals in usa is over $55k. if you stil have plans to come to usa, dont be discouraged by the post. if you are hard working and focused you will make it in usa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by IAmTobore(m): 8:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
Cost of living in the USA is cheap, but life is not easy there. The government just eats them up like parasites! You got to pay for everything, including water! I have a facebook friend that is in the US army. He tells me much about their country. Even if $1 = #1, I would still prefer my dear country!
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 12, 2015
sonofananimal1:
YOU READ THINGS UPSIDE DOWN AND THAT IS YOUR BIG PROBLEM undecided

YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING, I MAY BE WRONG ABOUT YOU PEOPLE, BUT ONE THING I DO KNOW IS THAT MOST OF YOU PEOPLE ARE LIKE THAT

Really? Tell me something else please.

I know I am not wrong. Why would a sane man come online to post trash about Nigerian women? The truth is you have a problem. It is either you a low income earner which is why you find it hard to get the type of woman you desire. Rather for you to focus your energy on being desirable, you come online and act like someone who has got rabies.

1 Like

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by temmytanny(m): 8:58pm On Jul 12, 2015
We shouldnt let people or posts discourage us from moving forward or keeping to plans. If u want to come to US,please do. This is the best place to get value for money you make. electricity,cable,phone,housing,cars etc. It is true that its expensive but the money you make will balance the expenses.
Let me fault the posters claims and you all can visit www,walmart.com or www,craiglist.com to check the facts.

This is based on where i stay(Dallas Texas)

Average one bedroom = $600 check craiglist for info though depending on the area
Water per gallon = $1
average meal = $5
mobile tariff using 3G network unlimited = $40 per month. 4g network unlimited = $60
Orange = .25cent
taxi charge per mile here in dallas = $2.25 per mile. 95% of texans have their own vehicle cos buses are very scares here
my home internet (20mbps speed)with 150 cable channels = $115 per month. you can get cheaper ones for as low as $20 per month depending on your taste.

IF you wrk in a eatery in dallas, your average monthly pay is around $1600 but if you work in warehouses(so many here) it is around $2,000 per month. most professional in dallas earn average $60k yearly www.onetonline,org. Now do your maths.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Charly68: 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2015
Thank God for Naija ..a great nation with great people
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by temmytanny(m): 9:01pm On Jul 12, 2015
If you can find your way here,please do.God will bless your hustling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2015
temmytanny:
average income of professionals in usa is over $55k. if you stil have plans to come to usa, dont be discouraged by the post. if you are hard working and focused you will make it in usa.

God bless u baba

1 Like

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
Insidous:

Really? Tell me something else please.

I know I am not wrong. Why would a sane man come online to post trash about Nigerian women? The truth is you have a problem. It is either you a low income earner which is why you find it hard to get the type of woman you desire. Rather for you to focus your energy on being desirable, you come online and act like someone who has got rabies.

grin grin I SWEAR YOU GET PROBLEM, YOU JUST BE LIKE ME. INFACT ME AND YOU NA ALMOST THESAME.
EITHER LOW OR HIGH INCOME EARNER, I JUST LOVED ME FOR WHO I AM, AND I AM HAPPY WITH IT grin.

THIS IS WERE I CATCH MOST OF MY FUN DURING MY FREE TIME.

BUT LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION, ARE YOU FOCUSING YOUR ENERGY IN DEVELOPING YOUR SELF AND HOW ARE YOU DOING IT? undecided
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by solla22: 9:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
You should start by comparing the Minimum wage and GDP

elego1:
Note - cost of living in the united state was got from a united state information website.

1) MEAL, INEXPENSIVE RESTAURANT
US - 2000 naira ($10)
Nigeria - 100 naira.

2) CAN WATER(0.33 LITRE)
US - 266 naira ($1.33)
Nigeria - 50 naira.

3) ORANGE
US - 356 naira($1.76)
Nigeria - 20 naira.

4) ONE WAY TICKET (COMMERCIAL BUS)
US - 400naira($2)
Nigeria - 30-50naira

5)TAXI
US - 600naira($3)
Nigeria - 50 naira.

6) ONE MINS. OF PREPAID MOBILE TARIFF
US - 32naira($0.16)
Nigeria - 20naira.

7) INTERNET(MONTHLY)
US - 9400naira for unlimited browsing
Nigeria - 1000naira for 1GB.

cool ONE PAIR OF JEANS
US - 8000naira
Nigeria - 1000naira or 300naira for aloko.

9) ONE BEDROOM RENT PER MONTH
US - 152,600naira($976)
Nigeria - 4000 naira.

10) AVERAGE MONTHLY SALARY FOR PROFESSIONALS
US - 538,800naira ($2684)
NIGERIA - 60,000 naira.

TO BE CONTINUE..........

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
mikron:
in lagos u can get a bread for N50 and ewa agoyin (mashed beans commonly cooked by the togolese and Beninoise women) for N50. so yes the op is right
that's exactly what I ate this morning...
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
sonofananimal1:
grin grin I SWEAR YOU GET PROBLEM, YOU JUST BE LIKE ME. INFACT ME AND YOU NA ALMOST THESAME.
EITHER LOW OR HIGH INCOME EARNER, I JUST LOVED ME FOR WHO I AM, AND I AM HAPPY WITH IT grin.

BUT LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION, ARE YOU FOCUSING YOUR ENERGY IN DEVELOPING YOUR SELF AND HOW ARE YOU DOING IT? undecided
I am still in school. I am very young. I am working on gaining useful experience. I surround myself with like minded people. I understand my limit and my worth in the social circle. I try to stay within it but of course I will welcome someone whose social circle is higher.

Foreign women are just the same. Most if not all women would go for men above their social studies or the same as theirs. It is worse in Africa especially Nigeria because it isn't Europe where the government provide socialsecurity and our society is different all thanks to you.
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by ACM10: 9:48pm On Jul 12, 2015
adeakeem:
The comparism is between benue(a state in nigeria) and america

The cheapest meal in Benue goes for #200
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by ACM10: 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2015
temmytanny:
We shouldnt let people or posts discourage us from moving forward or keeping to plans. If u want to come to US,please do. This is the best place to get value for money you make. electricity,cable,phone,housing,cars etc. It is true that its expensive but the money you make will balance the expenses.
Let me fault the posters claims and you all can visit www,walmart.com or www,craiglist.com to check the facts.

This is based on where i stay(Dallas Texas)

Average one bedroom = $600 check craiglist for info though depending on the area
Water per gallon = $1
average meal = $5
mobile tariff using 3G network unlimited = $40 per month. 4g network unlimited = $60
Orange = .25cent
taxi charge per mile here in dallas = $2.25 per mile. 95% of texans have their own vehicle cos buses are very scares here
my home internet (20mbps speed)with 150 cable channels = $115 per month. you can get cheaper ones for as low as $20 per month depending on your taste.

IF you wrk in a eatery in dallas, your average monthly pay is around $1600 but if you work in warehouses(so many here) it is around $2,000 per month. most professional in dallas earn average $60k yearly www.onetonline,org. Now do your maths.

Chei! I must move over to US.
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by harbarzzy(m): 9:54pm On Jul 12, 2015
Number 10 said it all!
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Uglyduckling: 9:57pm On Jul 12, 2015
sonofananimal1:

It's ok for you to put down Nigerian women. But I'm really sure your inability to pick up Nigerian women had nothing to do with your financial and social status. Seeing as you can't even spell properly I for one will not want to have anything to do with you if you ever walked up to me, as I fear I could never have any stimulating conversations with you and it wouldn't be because of your finances. I always tell my friends if the same thing keeps happening to you repeatedly then it's time to look inwards and stop playing the victim.
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
Insidous:

I am still in school. I am very young. I am working on gaining useful experience. I surround myself with like minded people. I understand my limit and my worth in the social circle. I try to stay within it but of course I will welcome someone whose social circle is higher.

Foreign women are just the same. Most if not all women would go for men above their social studies or the same as theirs. It is worse in Africa especially Nigeria because it isn't Europe where the government provide socialsecurity and our society is different all thanks to you .

that's is the reason I am against most women. Not only Nigeria women, it is everywhere. When you are in the process of development that's when you will see opportunist who only think of themselves and not your feeling about them. And you as a normal person won't want to use that opportunity to certifier your flesh need.
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Uglyduckling: 10:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Lol, like most women, you have a very inflated opinion of yourself.

You'll be very surprised his girlfriend is a gorgeous professional - who also gives him peace of mind.

What value can you really add to a man's life?

I follow you and I find your comments stimulating most times. But this time I think you belong to the class of Nigerian men who resolve to bashing and putting down a person's self worth just to stroke the male ego. She may be wrong, she may have an inflated opinion of herself but how do you know? Like most men you too have an inflated opinion of yourself. What value can you add to a woman's life? It's really unfortunate you are surrounded by materialistic girls who are too lazy to hold their own and think they must depend on a man for survival. But do not use that to judge every woman you come across. Maybe it's time you changed your circle and hang out with the right set of people.

2 Likes

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
[quote author=Uglyduckling post=35792045][/quote]angry WHO IS THIS CREATURE,

YOU THINK ENGLISH IS EVERYTHING.

I AM NOT A GUY WHO BRAG ON WERE I WORK OR WHAT I DO angry AM JUST A NORMAL GUY WHO CATCH FUN THE WAY IT IS.

I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, BUT I DO THINK YOU ARE STVPID ENOUGH JUST TO QUOTE ME.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by ACM10: 10:14pm On Jul 12, 2015
This is the most useless comparison that I've seen for quite a while. He made conscious effort to suppress the data from Nigeria while hyping that of US. Only an insane man will chose Nigeria over US.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by modelboy(m): 10:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
mummu do you also know that to them that amount is cheap.?? because the money they pay a teen in a shop is about $17 per hour so calculate what they earn per month

1 Like

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by mikron(m): 10:44pm On Jul 12, 2015
ddami:
that's exactly what I ate this morning...
for real?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Praises Hope Uzodinma Over Road: "If You Wan Build Road, Build Better Road". / Jubilation As African Migrants Enter Spain After Forcing Entry At Border. Photos / Oldest Tree, Mountain & Church: My Visit To Makrinitsa In Pelion (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.