Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly (7760 Views)

Film Tricks In The Nollywood Industry / Movie Industry Is Evolving…with 44 Sequels And Reboots Coming Out In 2017 / Here Comes The Nollywood's Batman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by badinfluence: 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Yes,i want nollywood to explore African myths seeing that hollywood have their own version. I want to see more movies on Colonialism and British Expedition, Neocolonialism, Terrorism,Millitancy, Political violence.
You can keep your silly Kalus and Elijah for yourself. Reasonable people want to see more African stories,they are the ones getting nominated and accolades on the international scene.
It's not kalus.. reasonable people want to see fresh ideas. New nollywood did not throw the Nigerian culture away but rather blended it with new concepts. What's wrong if there's a movie centered on love and other human peculiarities. I asked you how many old nollywood movies have exploited those ideas you want. But there are new nollywood movies to satisfy that. If you don't know Ojuju has a good international recognition. And the cause of the virus movie is contaminated water, a problem facing many African societies. So your criticism is invalid. These new nollywood movies actually gain award and recognition internationally. Do your research...
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by Ihuomadinihu: 3:20pm On Jul 15, 2015
badinfluence:

It's not kalus.. reasonable people want to see fresh ideas. New nollywood did not throw the Nigerian culture away but rather blended it with new concepts. What's wrong if there's a movie centered on love and other human peculiarities. I asked you how many old nollywood movies have exploited those ideas you want. But there are new nollywood movies to satisfy that. If you don't know Ojuju has a good international recognition. And the cause of the virus movie is contaminated water, a problem facing many African societies. So your criticism is invalid. These new nollywood movies actually gain award and recognition internationally. Do your research...
What awards? African awards? Lol.
So what exactly is your problem? You have no argumentative or criticism skills. The premise of my argument is that these movies should be able to showcase our history as a people with the help of improved technical skills. You cannot throw away your culture and heritage cos you wanna appeal to the diasporal,it doesn't work like that.
These fresh ideas and concepts should reflect what's going on in or has already happened in Nigeria,that is where South Africa and Congo have an edge over us.
The old pre 5parts nollywood explored issues like political,western imperialsm and interethnic strife. I am suggesting that new nollywood do a large scale exploration of those ideas.
You lack comprehension! I feel like am arguing with a daft and a nit-wit to put it midly! I never said we shouldn't have diverse genres but more resources and works should be channeled into Nigerian issues, that is what Afolayan is doing.
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by badinfluence: 3:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

So what exactly is your problem? You have no argumentative or criticism skills. The premise of my argument is that these movies should be able to showcase our history as a people with the help of improved technical skills. You cannot throw away your culture and heritage cos you wanna appeal to the diasporal,it doesn't work like that.
These fresh ideas and concepts should reflect what's going on in or has already happened in Nigeria,that is where South Africa and Congo have an edge over us.
If you want to improve your knowledge in history then read and stop waiting for the movies to show you. I've told you there are movies out there about culture. See 'doctor bello' they've done that. This isn't old nollywood where you emphasise on a particular theme/plot. This is new nollywood where there's avenue for diversity.. can't you get it. You're talking as if there are no new nollywood movies on culture colonialism slavery etc. Your only beef is that they've decided to explore other ideas. Evolution

1 Like

Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by Ihuomadinihu: 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
badinfluence:

If you want to improve your knowledge in history then read and stop waiting for the movies to show you. I've told you there are movies out there about culture. See 'doctor bello' they've done that. This isn't old nollywood where you emphasise on a particular theme/plot. This is new nollywood where there's avenue for diversity.. can't you get it. You're talking as if there are no new nollywood movies on culture colonialism slavery etc. Your only beef is that they've decided to explore other ideas. Evolution
Oct 1 and Half of a yellow sun explored other ideas apart from War and Colonialism. I mentioned other relevant themes that can be incoporated into one movie. Quit putting words into my mouth. Read and understand without drawing inferences.
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by Ihuomadinihu: 3:36pm On Jul 15, 2015
badinfluence:

Read and understand, i see the irony there. When you can't read and understand mine?
There is something called Historical movies. If you are wise, t hen you should know that nollywood should do more movies like that.
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by Ihuomadinihu: 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

The old pre 5parts nollywood explored issues like political,western imperialsm and interethnic strife. I am suggesting that new nollywood do a large scale exploration of those ideas.
You lack comprehension! I feel like am arguing with a daft and a nit-wit to put it midly! I never said we shouldn't have diverse genres but more resources and works should be channeled into Nigerian issues, that is what Afolayan is doing.
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by Ihuomadinihu: 3:39pm On Jul 15, 2015
The key word here is ''Blending''. Any other thing you are ranting about is just rubbish.
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by badinfluence: 3:39pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Oct 1 and Half of a yellow sun explored other ideas apart from War and Colonialism. I mentioned other relevant themes that can be incoporated into one movie. Quit putting words into my mouth. Read and understand without drawing inferences.
Very good movie out there have sub plot. See why I said you don't know movie production. Sub plots enhance movie's storyline for heaven sake. The titanic was based on real life but the addition of the love angle made that movie what it is. A movie that's going to centre solely on colonialism is likely to get boring at a point, that's why it's a movie and not a documentary

1 Like

Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by badinfluence: 3:41pm On Jul 15, 2015
[quote author=Ihuomadinihu post=35893439][/quote]
Lol at daft and nit-wit.. good thing you know what you are
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by Ihuomadinihu: 3:45pm On Jul 15, 2015
badinfluence:

Very good movie out there have sub plot. See why I said you don't know movie production. Sub plots enhance movie's storyline for heaven sake. The titanic was based on real life but the addition of the love angle made that movie what it is. A movie that's going to centre solely on colonialism is likely to get boring at a point, that's why it's a movie and not a documentary
I don't know how many times am gonna write this! You can make a movie about slavery but it should be tied around something like Solomon Norton's story in 12yrs.
Half of a Sun was about Biafran war but was tied around a Love story. A movie about Feminism can be tied around terrorism. The same Sub plot that you are ranting about!
I have mentioned Blending so many times,are you this daft! Everything must not be a period piece for God's sake.
You have no relevant points or arguments.
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by Ihuomadinihu: 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2015
badinfluence:

Imagine a dunce trying to lecture me indeed! Good riddiance to bad rubbish. You should pay me for teaching you the essence and importance of blending in modern nollywood!
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by badinfluence: 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Read and understand, i see the irony there. When you can't read and understand mine?
There is something called Historical movies. If you are wise, t hen you should know that nollywood should do more movies like that.
I understand that you want to get in touch with your culture.. boo hoo... you don't expect nollywood to show you everything you need to know. Use the internet or ask your parents to sit you down and tell you. Do you watch hollywood movies?
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by badinfluence: 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Imagine a dunce trying to lecture me indeed! Good riddiance to bad rubbish. You should pay me for teaching you the essence and importance of blending in modern nollywood!
From your tone I'm guessing you're getting agitated. grin ... sub plots aren't the same as blending. It's not Solomon norton it's Solomon northup.. lol... your attempts to show your enlightenment is amusing

1 Like

Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by Ihuomadinihu: 3:56pm On Jul 15, 2015
badinfluence:

From your tone I'm guessing you're getting agitated. grin ... sub plots aren't the same as blending. It's not Solomon norton it's Solomon northup.. lol... your attempts to show your enlightenment is amusing
Blending is a word i want to use to explan basic things to you. It's none of your business how i choose my words.
Arguing with you is waste of time because you lack comprehension and rather prefer to make belittling remarks when other people come with a different opinion. You shouldn't be arguing on nairaland if you truly posses movie making skills.
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by badinfluence: 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Blending is a word i want to use to explan basic things to you. It's none of your business how i choose my words.
Arguing with you is waste of time because you lack comprehension and rather prefer to make belittling remarks when other people come with a different opinion. You shouldn't be arguing on nairaland if you truly posses movie making skills.
You're the one belittling yourself. Mixing facts and all.. told you I'd school you.. still laughing @ Solomon norton
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by Ihuomadinihu: 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2015
badinfluence:

I understand that you want to get in touch with your culture.. boo hoo... you don't expect nollywood to show you everything you need to know. Use the internet or ask your parents to sit you down and tell you. Do you watch hollywood movies?
Thankfully, Oct1 and Half of yellow sun are directly about Nigerian history,lifestyle and heritage. Movie producers don't care if you want such movies or not,they will keep making them. That is what the world wants to see. Sorry! I know enough about my culture, diasporian blacks are looking out for it not your amateur adaptation of Klaus or whatever.
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by badinfluence: 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Thankfully, Oct1 and Half of yellow sun are directly about Nigerian history,lifestyle and heritage. Movie producers don't care if you want such movies or not,they will keep making them. That is what the world wants to see. Sorry! I know enough about my culture, diasporian blacks are looking out for it not your amateur adaptation of Klaus or whatever.
Hee..see beef against the Originals na. I watch everything.. from cartoons to Hollywood movies to new nollywood even old nollywood. That's how one increases his imagination
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by Ihuomadinihu: 4:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
badinfluence:

You're the one belittling yourself. Mixing facts and all.. told you I'd school you.. still laughing @ Solomon norton
Solomon Northup....autobiography adapted into a movie. You are aware that am typing fast,right.
Hypocrites like you will laugh at every mistake and slip. Keep making a mess of yourself.
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by badinfluence: 4:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Solomon Northup....autobiography adapted into a movie. You are aware that am typing fast,right.
Hypocrites like you will laugh at every mistake and slip. Keep making a mess of yourself.
I hear you miss norton.. grin
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by Ihuomadinihu: 4:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
badinfluence:

Hee..see beef against the Originals na. I watch everything.. from cartoons to Hollywood movies to new nollywood even old nollywood. That's how one increases his imagination
When it comes down to insignificant arguments and attacks,it only shows you have run out of points. As if you were making valid points before.
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by badinfluence: 4:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Actually miss norton I can't keep arguing with you. First you liken airforce one to Last flight to abuja, then you don't know we are in the information age, now you brought your imaginary back up buddy Solomon norton to help you... I give up grin

1 Like

Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by badinfluence: 4:12pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

When it comes down to insignificant arguments and attacks,it only shows you have run out of points. As if you were making valid points before.
Yes miss norton grin
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by Ihuomadinihu: 4:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
badinfluence:

So you want to see amadioha, oduduwa, ajaka, sango on my profile before you'd agree I'm Nigerian. I'm a fan of creativity and good stuff. Sorry I don't limit myself. If we come down to Nigerian myths and legends I'm confident I'd still floor you. Aliens are extra terrestrial, that means out of this world. And Nigeria is among this world....
Get back your ass in here,silly troll.
I wouldn't let you have any comic relife on me.
Yes,i wanna see Amadioha, Obatala, Sango,Oduduwa, Eri etc.
Anti Africans like you will sit down for hours and watch movies tied around Greek Mythologies.
What's wrong if Nollywood has one about our myths.
People like you make Africa a laughing stock. Dafts like you are the ones' that believe that Africans had no civilization before the white men came on board!
I pity people like you. Scific my foot!
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by badinfluence: 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Get back your ass in here,silly troll.
I wouldn't let you have any comic relife on me.
Yes,i wanna see Amadioha, Obatala, Sango,Oduduwa, Eri etc.
Anti Africans like you will sit down for hours and watch movies tied around Greek Mythologies.
What's wrong if Nollywood has one about our myths.
Ahn ahn miss norton.. don't worry I'm working on a story around sango.. if sure you'd love it and sing my praise. But just get my name right miss norton
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by Ihuomadinihu: 4:21pm On Jul 15, 2015
badinfluence:

Ahn ahn miss norton.. don't worry I'm working on a story around sango.. if sure you'd love it and sing my praise. But just get my name right miss norton
Just give up already! Nobody has time for your Elijah tales.
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by Ihuomadinihu: 4:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
Watch your American scific and make something that incoporates Africa. That is the originality i wanna see. Not some Hollywood wannabe stuff. It will crash before landing.
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by badinfluence: 4:29pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Just give up already! Nobody has time for your Elijah tales.
I've heard miss norton... keep shooting yourself in the foot.
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by Ihuomadinihu: 4:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
badinfluence:

I've heard miss norton... keep shooting yourself in the foot.
You should have been aware of that by now. That your Elijah thread was dead on arrival.
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by badinfluence: 4:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

You should have been aware of that by now. That your Elijah thread was dead on arrival.
Yes miss norton. Is that all miss norton?? Stalker alert
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by Ihuomadinihu: 4:52pm On Jul 15, 2015
badinfluence:

Yes miss norton. Is that all miss norton?? Stalker alert
Stalker alert? Na. Had to check why it's diificult to make you reason with a different opinion.
Stop trolling though...bad habit!
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by badinfluence: 5:35pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Stalker alert? Na. Had to check why it's diificult to make you reason with a different opinion.
Stop trolling though...bad habit!
Yes miss norton... how's mr Solomon norton
Re: The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly by Ihuomadinihu: 5:43pm On Jul 15, 2015
badinfluence:
Yes miss norton... how's mr Solomon norton
He's with Klaus! Finished?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please What Is The Name Of This DSTV Advert Song / Heroes Season 4 Chapter Five Free Episodes Download / Who Watches 'All About Camilla'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.