Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,143 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

My Experience With The Nigerian Police When Armed Robber Invade My Area. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With The Nigerian Police When Armed Robber Invade My Area. (1127 Views)

See The Thief Caught In My Area.(pics.) / Medical Doctor Turns Armed Robber And Car-Snatcher / Armed Robber Lynched By Mob In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With The Nigerian Police When Armed Robber Invade My Area. by ChelseaDotCom: 11:32pm On Jul 11, 2015
I was inside my flat, at around 8pm, when I received a phone call from my Landlady that I should turn-off my Generating set, that Armed Robbers are in the street. I dashed out to switch it off, then I realised that I was ignorance of the happenings in my environment. There was total silence cos everyone had switch off their Gen and all I could hear was the sound of Armed Robber, trying to break into a house. Then, I quickly dialed the Nigerian Police Number, Port Harcourt control centre. They received it and took my details and was assured that they will come. This is my first time of calling the Nigeria Police. About 30minutes after I called, I receive a call from the Police trying to get my address. Firstly, we spent close to 7 minutes trying to describe my street. Secondly, they couldn't even pronounce the name of the street, so I had to spell. They were frequently calling for close to 10 times, before they could locate my street. When they finally arrived at around 10:19pm, they called me out and asked for money for fuel. I was like, what! Oh no, Nigerian Police. So, I told them I was coming. I went inside, pretended as if I was going to get money. I took 500Naira from my pocket, went back to them and told that 500 Naira was all I could get. Oh boy! Them nearly slap me o. One of them said, "are we the one you want to give this. If to say armed robber enter your house, na 500 Naira you go give them?". At this juncture, I wanted to cry, not because of their intimidation but because of the fact that Nigerian Police has lost thier honour. I felt like I had called thieves to rescue me from armed robbers.

My conclusion:
- I think the Police needs total reformation and reorientation, I'm not sure some of them know who a policeman is.
- We need community policing so that we can have police who are familiar with the terrain instead of having people from another states.
- Every state should do street signage the way Fashola did in Lagos. This will make one to know the names of street in an area right from the juction close to the area. I wouldn't have been able to describe the road if the thieves haf gain entrance.
- There should be a unified police numeber and should be a short code, like 911.

Guys, you are free to share your experience and what you think can be done to reform the Nigerian Police. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police When Armed Robber Invade My Area. by arisekola77: 11:34pm On Jul 11, 2015
#chassis
Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police When Armed Robber Invade My Area. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
ALOT
Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police When Armed Robber Invade My Area. by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 11, 2015
May the police men who treaated u ythat way lose their jobs.

Rubbish!

Buhari had better get to work!
I hate nigeria btw.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police When Armed Robber Invade My Area. by ChelseaDotCom: 12:22am On Jul 12, 2015
It was really a funny scenario....happend this night.
Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police When Armed Robber Invade My Area. by DjAndroid: 12:28am On Jul 12, 2015
Of what use is Nigeria police to Nigerians sef?
Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police When Armed Robber Invade My Area. by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 12, 2015
The fact is no intelligent and honest youngman wants to join the police force. So the question is,if every intelligent and honest youngman is avoiding the force who then will make the difference? Therefore I beg you all to please,for the love of the country,pick a Police Academy form and let's hit the force and make a difference. It is the most demoralised,dishonest - any other adjective you can think of - institution in the country. That said though,there are some few good men in the police force like Abba Kyari.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police When Armed Robber Invade My Area. by hotice01: 7:41am On Jul 12, 2015
Legal armed robbers wearing government issued uniforms.been legally employed by the government to intimidate,harass,kill and steal/illegally task the public.
Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police When Armed Robber Invade My Area. by ChelseaDotCom: 9:00am On Jul 12, 2015
Thebachelor:
The fact is no intelligent and honest youngman wants to join the police force. So the question is,if every intelligent and honest youngman is avoiding the force who then will make the difference? Therefore I beg you all to please,for the love of the country,pick a Police Academy form and let's hit the force and make a difference. It is the most demoralised,dishonest,and any other adjective you can think about institution in the country. That said though,there some few good men in the police force like Abba Kyari.

You made a valid point dear...but the system should be made attractive and suitable to intelligent minds; they can even start recruiting from our higher institutions.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police When Armed Robber Invade My Area. by gulfer: 1:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
I like that part where you used Fashola as a benchmark wink wink wink
Re: My Experience With The Nigerian Police When Armed Robber Invade My Area. by andyanders: 1:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
hotice01:
Legal armed robbers wearing government issued uniforms.been legally employed by the government to intimidate,harass,kill and steal/illegally task the public.

Exactly.That is who they are. Nothing short of that. They were responding to the call in order to get money and not the armed robbers themselves.

Let the police be sent to Maidugiri to do policing and not here.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian in Bangkok revealing that human traficking cartels in Nigeria video / The Most Hostile People And Town In Nigeria / 6 Tip-offs A Court Will Consider Before Granting Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.