Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency (37973 Views)

Atiku Abubakar And Goodluck Jonathan Meet Over 2019 Presidency / Rabi'u Kwankwaso's Posters Flood Kano Over 2019 Polls (photos) / Jonathan Opens Up: I’m Being Investigated For Corruption By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by Rowlandjude(m): 2:02am On Jul 12, 2015

…set to get bail tomorrow; supporters keep vigil at Kano prison

After spending 72 hours with his two sons in Kano Central Prison, immediate past governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido, has imputed political motives to his incarceration.

According to the former governor, he is being persecuted by those who feel that they would not be able to actualise their presidential ambition with him around the political arena.

Lamido, who spoke exclusively to Sunday Vanguard through his media aide, Umar Kyari, yesterday, drew the attention of Nigerians and the international community to the attempt being made by those he called “my political enemies” to silence him using the instrumentality of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Lamido pointed out that it was clear from the outset that there was a grand design to put him away in prison for a long time under the guise of money laundering and sundry charges so as to pave the way for his political enemies to have their way.
The former governor, whose many supporters relocated to the Kano Central Prison where they kept vigil over him and his two sons, said he was determined to prove to Nigerians that he was innocent but was merely being witch-hunted by those who feel threatened by his rising political profile.

Lamido’s spokesman said: “This current effort to frame and denigrate the former governor of Jigawa State with a view to rubbishing his high performance in office will come to naught at the end of the day.

“Lamido remains nothing but a scion of accountability and integrity who has always fought on the side of the people, particularly the downtrodden and the vulnerable, since he came into the national political scene.

“He remains unshaken over the trumped-up charges slammed on him by the EFCC knowing that he has not committed any offense to warrant being thrown into the prison over a bailable offense.

“But the refusal by his traducers to grant him and his sons bail when others charged same day and time for even more grievous offences were admitted to bail speaks volume of the intention and mindset of those who are after him.

“Nonetheless, Sule Lamido strongly believes that, after being imprisoned several times all in a bid to pave the way for sustained democracy in Nigeria, the current effort by the EFCC and others to humiliate him and his family over the so-called money laundering charges will not break his resolve to continue to fight on the side of the people.

“It is Lamido’s strong belief that having not committed any offense against the state to warrant being sent to prison, he and his two sons will be freed and vindicated against the wicked plot of their adversaries”.

Meanwhile, Lamido is said to have been overwhelmed by the large number of friends and well wishers from across Nigeria who have thronged the prison to show solidarity with him and his two sons.

A close source at the prison told Sunday Vanguard that Lamido was jolted by the show of love and solidarity that he shed what the source described as “tears of joy” on Friday.

The former governor reportedly came out on Friday afternoon in one of his best attires to the office of the prison controller with a view to getting close to all those who had thronged the prison yard to see him.

Sunday Vanguard learnt last night that Lamido and sons were likely to be admitted to bail tomorrow (Monday) as a vacation judge was most likely to hear their bail application on that day.

A source said Lamido’s associates had already prepared in many ways to meet whatever conditions the judge might stipulate for their release from prison pending the hearing of the case in September.

Lamido and his two sons, according to the charge sheet of the EFCC after what the anti-graft agency described as a thorough investigation, alleged during the arraignment of the accused persons at a Federal High Court sitting in Kano, that they laundered N1.35 billion.

They were slammed with a 28-count charge bordering on criminal breach of trust.
The trial judge, Justice Evelyn Anyadike, adjourned the case till September 28 while ordering that the suspects be remanded in Kano Prison.
Anyadike, however, ruled that the case will be handed over to a vacation judge to listen to the accused persons bail application while the judiciary goes on vacation today.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/lamido-cries-out-from-prison-im-being-persecuted-over-2019-presidency/

2 Shares

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by CUM4WHAT(m): 2:04am On Jul 12, 2015
Okay.... Keep crying

Until your tears supercedes that of the poor Nigerians who suffer coz of your greed and selfishness...

Lalasticlala

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by code9(m): 2:08am On Jul 12, 2015
By
Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by Nobody: 2:16am On Jul 12, 2015
cry cry baby

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by Nobody: 2:28am On Jul 12, 2015
He and his sons should be granted bail..#350million each... dats #1.05Billion..Atleast that's Ok for now b4 proper judgement would be delivered..

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by kenedy175(m): 2:30am On Jul 12, 2015
this is just the beginning

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by ryd3(m): 2:54am On Jul 12, 2015
Bros, shey na because we never open d remaining files? Park well joo

21 Likes

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by Nobody: 2:59am On Jul 12, 2015
Oga Sule, did you or did you not do what you are being accused of?

Stop crying Sir, who knows, you may end up just like OBJ did..

Only in your dream though. undecided tongue

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by Welrez(m): 3:05am On Jul 12, 2015
Sori, Lamido, your greed was your undoing.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by richybanky(m): 3:06am On Jul 12, 2015
Lols, cry cry governor grin

Dis is d kind of news I like reading not d bomb blast every time.. I knw Tanoids will not like dis kind of news, dey will soon invade this thread and start wailing grin grin grin

God bless Nigeria

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by seedgreen(m): 3:18am On Jul 12, 2015
Following
Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by AshiwajuFoward: 3:29am On Jul 12, 2015
Poor Lamido. It may be difficult for him to emerge as a serious PDP Presidential contender in 2019 after this scandalous episode. I guess he just wasn't as lucky as Ohakim and Nyako who were granted bail without having to go to jail. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by CUM4WHAT(m): 3:31am On Jul 12, 2015
londongal03:
cry cry baby
can u c how to copy and paste? Incase of next time learn now..... D same post that took u a great a deal to copy was beta presented above....... NONSENSE
Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by modath(f): 3:46am On Jul 12, 2015
Nigeria I hail thee, sad

The only country where a thief will not only have die hard "supporters" , have people raise questions like "what about lagbaja & will also attribute his karma/ punishment under an established rule of law to "persecution" & political hostage taking..

26 Likes

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by Mutuwa(m): 3:52am On Jul 12, 2015
undecided
Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by sunshine1974(m): 4:08am On Jul 12, 2015
What of Amaechi na? All governments are d same. Buhari is not different from the other president. Only Yaradua was different but he died too early.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by skyface00(m): 4:21am On Jul 12, 2015
Don't worry we will look into your matter 2025, we are busy moving Nigeria forward, people like you should stay there for now, don't worry u won't be so bored because people like you whom u called politican enemies will join you there, instead of sending your cries to Nigerians, send it to your spoke person 2 get you ludo and cards 2 get you busy in prison....

I don't know what give all these people the mindset that they can just be Nigeria president

Till 2025....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by kokoA(m): 4:25am On Jul 12, 2015
Smh.. He is already talking about 2019 presidency. These politicians think they're gods o. How is he sure he will even be alive then?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by chuose: 4:32am On Jul 12, 2015
REASON REVENGE FOR NOT SUPPORTING THE NORTHERN AGENDA.

It's obvious that Lamido is being persecutied becos he did not follow like a sheep the Northern agenda to install Baba Go-Slow as President.

Tinubu is Free and we all know he ripped lagos off.

Ameachi is Free and he looted Rivers state.

GMB approved N400 billion to pay those states that the Governors looted to pay for GMB to become president.

So why single Lamido out?

President All-Mouth No Action we dey watch you as you bomb calabar
but refuse to bomb Boko Haram that murders with impunity

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by vedaxcool(m): 4:42am On Jul 12, 2015
grin grin sorry the same u who couldn't contest 2015 elections because Jonathan showed u ur file now think u have a fighting chance? Oga face your trial.

8 Likes

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by vedaxcool(m): 4:42am On Jul 12, 2015
kokoA:
Smh.. He is already talking about 2019 presidency. These politicians think they're gods o. How is he sure he will even be alive then?

Abeg help me ask him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by disloman(m): 4:55am On Jul 12, 2015
Politician will always b a politician.
Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by Israel5(m): 5:01am On Jul 12, 2015
We knoww. U wuld hav had a clean slate atleast.

1 Like

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by Israel5(m): 5:06am On Jul 12, 2015
We knoww. U wuld hav had a clean slate atleast. #enjoying Otuoke. Enjoyment Aye! I'm no more a hausaman. New indigene on foint#

1 Like

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by Israel5(m): 5:07am On Jul 12, 2015
Ahhh..We knoww. U wuld hav had a clean slate atleast. #enjoying Eket. Enjoyment Aye! I'm no more a hausaman. New indigene on foint#
Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by alaoeri: 5:10am On Jul 12, 2015
AshiwajuFoward:
Poor Lamido. It may be difficult for him to emerge as a serious PDP Presidential contender in 2019 after this scandalous episode. I guess he just wasn't as lucky as Ohakim and Nyako who were granted bail without having to go to jail. undecided
Is it not PDP? don't be surprise oh, if Bode George an ex convict & Buruj Kashamu a drug lord can be PDP leaders in SW, what is going to stop Sule Lamido to be a serious contender under PDP come 2019?
So all that matter most for Sule Lamido now is contesting for president by 2019? smh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by san316(m): 5:32am On Jul 12, 2015
Politician. Always thinking of the next election. What makes him think he can win any election in 2019? How popular is he in the north? A thief cannot be president in Nigeria, never again.

1 Like

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by Lawalsuleiman(m): 5:58am On Jul 12, 2015
Naija never seizes to amaze me.

1 Like

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by omowolewa: 5:58am On Jul 12, 2015
Oga Sule, gaskia, na keria ni!

Haba! Why would you be persecuted for future offense with/based on past evidences?
If you attend the school of integrity, you will know the essence of clean hands. Thatz integrity 101.

The judge must be out of his mind then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by modskiller(m): 6:00am On Jul 12, 2015
[size=15pt]Who will vote for him? The man must be stupid[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by efilefun(m): 6:04am On Jul 12, 2015
Lol change of environment no be small thing, when he was embezzling the state fund with his criminal minded kids he didn't remember 2019 ba, just like every TANoid they reason alike with their anus

2 Likes

Re: Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency by efilefun(m): 6:06am On Jul 12, 2015
chuose:
REASON REVENGE FOR NOT SUPPORTING THE NORTHERN AGENDA.

It's obvious that Lamido is being persecutied becos he did not follow like a sheep the Northern agenda to install Baba Go-Slow as President.

Tinubu is Free and we all know he ripped lagos off.

Ameachi is Free and he looted Rivers state.

GMB approved N400 billion to pay those states that the Governors looted to pay for GMB to become president.

So why single Lamido out?

President All-Mouth No Action we dey watch you as you bomb calabar
but refuse to bomb Boko Haram that murders will impunity

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Need More Pantamis In Power: Sheikh Gumi / Amaechi’s Supporters Dump APC / N10m Donation: Magu Tackles Ganduje, Says EFCC Does Not Accept Donations From Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.