Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

The Walking Well - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Walking Well (412 Views)

Joys Oyedepo: "I Am Crazy, i'm Not A Walking Replica Of My Mother" / The Walking Library / Malawian 'Prophet' Wows Followers With 'walking On Air' Stunt (photos & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Walking Well by jayloyexten(m): 12:01pm On Jul 12, 2015
TOPIC: The Walking Well
DATE: Sunday, 12th July, 2015
TEXT: John 4:1-26

HIGHLIGHT: “But the water I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life” (John 4:14)

The Holy Spirit is often times in scriptures symbolized by water, fire and air, perhaps the most powerful phenomena upon the face of the earth.

Now the Holy Spirit was that water that fell from heaven in the days of Noah and destroyed all the nations and kingdoms of the earth and set the children of God upon a mountain to start a new life. That water is finding expression in our days, by the spirit of Elijah upon the earth.

He was that water that came out from the rock in the wilderness when God told Moses to strike the rock. The rock was Christ and the water was the Spirit. Now the implication of striking the rock twice meant that there would have to be another sacrifice to be done after Christ’s to receive the Holy Ghost. Christ would not be beaten twice.

And so that rock became flesh and dwelt among men, but the well of unlimited water was stayed heated up in his belly, and the well of life sat down on Jacobs well to tell the world that Jacobs well had expired, Jacobs well was only a shadow of things to come. So Jesus stood and his shadow with him.

And Jesus said to the woman that he was not going to give man a cup of water but give man the full setup of the well. Such that when men come and drink of the water, they instantly became wells of living water.

And so he was telling the Samaritan woman that “you have been searching for water all your life, you have married husbands but the bound was neither lasting or joy bringing, you have been searching for peace, there has been a continuous crave for satisfaction, but every joy you get never lasts.”

“Your joy has been tied to certain things and they cause you to keep chasing helplessly. You are tied of chasing them, but you cannot stop, because you must survive. I am here to give you eternal joy and satisfaction, I am here to quench your thirst and cause you to quench other person’s thirsts.”

“I am not come not to merely give you water, but I am come to make you a well. The water I shall give you shall be an everlasting springing well. John 4:14 You shall stop chasing people, and people shall begin to chase you, even if you live in the wilderness. Today I make you a well”

And you know what; she abandoned her water pot, because all of a sudden she became a walking well, so she ran into the cities searching for water pots, to give them the full setup of the everlasting well. That could be you friend.

SELAH: He does not want to give you water, he wants to make you an everlasting well.

The Pilot Devotionals
(thepilotdevotionals@gmail.com)
08100093154 (whatsapp)
Re: The Walking Well by Truth24(m): 12:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
grin

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Term "CHURCH" Mean To You! / Up Coming Event: Understanding The Signs And Season We Are. / M&R: Zimbabwean Pastor Who Asked Members To Bury Him Alive And He Will Resurrect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.