Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria (2471 Views)

Re-run Elections: Nigerians In 5 States Vote (LIVE UPDATES) / FG Condemns Execution Of Two Nigerians In Indonesia For Drug Trafficking / When Nigerian Politiking Taken Too Far And Played Dirty/deadly (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 8:57am On Mar 08, 2009
A lot of Nigerians in diaspora are in recent months relocating home to be involved in the new political dispensation. The Diasporans have observe the political landscape for 8 years and most feel the time is right if u want to make any impact in your state. There is a general concession amongst some Nigerians in diasporan that with the credit crunch biting hard in most western country Nigeria is the place to be. Most diasporan however beleive that they will be involve in back room politics as suppose to front line politics, knowing fully well that it is the back room politicians that will be front line politicians in the years to come. Two Nigerians in diasporan that I know very well are targeting SSG in their respective states come 2011 wether that will come to pass I wait to see. Some other Nigerians in Diaspoaran are working for lagos state goverment in various directorates, public/private partnership, new town and infrastruture development as consultants. Although the pay for such jobs are noting to write home about but it kind of gives them a foot hold into the political system. Most Nigerians in Diasporan that has relocated to Nigeria have small businese on the side to keep body and soul together until a the big political appointment happens. I know one who over the last 18 months have sent 10 cars to Nigeria and is running a car hire business in lagos, he told me that this is just to make sure some money is coming in until something big happens, and rightly so he seems to have gotten a hold on the political hirrachay already, or how do explain him getting a text from the wife of a Governor.

The most sort after political post are :

1. Governor - Most Nigerians in diasporas beleive this is no go area for at least 8 years, u must have been on the ground for about 12 years and be in goverment for at least 5. its a long shot.
2. Deputy Governor - Acheivable for most Nigerians in diasporas but also a long shot, u have be on the ground for at least 8 years and be involve in a special adviser /commisioner role for at least the last 4 years. However if u have strong God father it might come to fruition.

3. State house Assembly - this is the battle ground for diaspoarans they beleive this is acheivable and a realistic rumenaration of N20 million a year or worst case scenerio in 4 years is a realistic income that is acheivable. N20 million is about £100, 000.00 this amount we go a long way in paying those awful mortgages abroad. House members get Constituency funds from the state Governor for development activities in their constitinrcy, in reality most house members just pocket the money. Oyo state governor we read in the paper gave each member in the house N20 million each as constituency fund.

4. Special adviser/ Commisioner - most sort after post for diasporans because u are effectively the Governor's errand boy, and it is probably the highest paying errand boy job in the world if u are in the Governor's good books. We all read how the EFCC is still looking for 2 of Agagu's special adviser/ Commisioners in relation to a N25 billion fraud with regards to Ondo state oil derivative funds. The apeal to this post is it is a back room political post and not a front line post.

5. Senators - this is another long shot, but is mainly reserve for the political heavy weights in a state, although achevable but a long shot, one person that comes to mind is Afikuyomi was a diapoaran 15 years ago.

6. House of reps - Also acvheivable in the sense that there are about 400+ reps, it depends on what the incubent wants to do. A freind of mine is looking to run for the House of reps in 2011 he only left london this year. But according to him it depends on what the incumbent wants to do, but he beleive the incumbent is eyeing the governorship positon in his state.

7. Local Goverment Chairman - this is another statrting point for most diasporan because it gives u grass root support. The rumenartion is not bad if u consider u have a police orderly, an official car, not a fantastic salary, but u can cut a lot of deals that can push up your income.

8. Deputy LG Chairman/ LG Legislature / Executive - starting point of any political career. A lot of diaspoarans will rather be contributing in the grass root level in Nigeria than contining the types of jobs they are doing abroad. The thinking behind this is if u have done your home work, u have set up small business in Naija, there is nothing wrong working as a legislature in the LG no matter the pay. Even LG Leg/Executive are previledge to cutting deals we all know that Nigerian's 3 rd tier of goverment hardly do anything and they get between 15 -20 % of the national cake.

Most Nigerians in disaporan beleive if you can get to any of these post listed above in Nigeria then you are half way to fulfilling your dream of even becoming the president of Nigeria, they say a journey of a 1000 miles start with the 1st step. And with the recent revalation that the political class spends 39% of the total budget on salaries, Nigerians in diaspora are of the view why exclude yourself from goverment's largesse
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 9:49am On Mar 08, 2009
Mimiko's victory in OndoState has generated a stamped of Ondo indigenes in Maryland ( Maryland USA, has the largest concentration of ondo indigenes anywhere in the world) with jotsling, posturing and Haggling for political jobs.

Extracts from Ondo Indigenes in Maryland USA

The Ondo State indigenes in America have vowed to work with Mimiko administration so as to move the state forward. They thanked God for his victory and the courage God gave to the Appeal Court judges in upholding the true aspirations of Ondo citizens. In a statement by the President of the Association (OSA), Mr. Rufus Oladapo said: "While we jubilated with the citizens of the state for the victory, we must not lose our focus as to why the previous administration was voted out of office."

According to him, "the quality mostly needed by Governor Mimiko now is a 'good foundation.'" As the saying goes, "you show me your friends and I will show you your future." The success of the present administration will not be determined by only the political supporters, but by the technocrats who have performed and discharged honourably their duties in various countries where there is law and order.

His words: "The composition of the newly formed cabinet will be the first litmus for this administration. Laying a good foundation requires three distinct qualities: character, integrity and experience in the assigned positions. These qualities are essential to a successful administration.

"The governor needs cabinet members with spirit of servitude and selfless individuals who are team players. He will need honest and trustworthy individuals who are faithful to the state and the vision of the governor. The governor needs to match positions with knowledge and skills. For example, an accountant should not be assigned the position of the commissioner for health, just as a medical doctor should not be assigned commissioner for works. It is good practice to allow experience to match position assignment. OSA believes that if the governor surrounds himself with a good team, the collective efforts will yield good results and every citizen will benefit", Oladapo said.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by Becomrrich: 1:41pm On Mar 08, 2009
The best way to get nigerian in the Diasporas is to offer them position to serve in govt or govt board . So dont be shock if they will return home too. we want see yoruland develop.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by blacksta(m): 2:07pm On Mar 08, 2009
I have read your post serveral times and I can conclude that the only reason why many nigerians want to come back home is simply partake of the corruption that is already on ground rather serving the masses. The fact of the matter people see nigeria as a place to come and make money
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2009
@BecomeRich
The best way to get nigerian in the Diasporas is to offer them position to serve in govt or govt board

Nobody will offer u anything, if u sit down in canada and criticise the policies of the goverment. Your arguments with your maps are valid arguments but dont go to Nigeria and start talking about Republic of Benin, that is politcal incorrect and u will be excluded, if u have any thing positive to contribute go to Nigeria like other Diasporans and do your bit for the country. There are some brilliant Political anaylist in NL, we dont want to be arm chair analyst for the rest of our life, we want to be involved. A friend of mine just up stick 2 weeks ago, I told him you are brave, just like that, he told me a man dies only ones and moreover he can still come back here if all things fall apart, I suppose he has a point.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 2:28pm On Mar 08, 2009
@Blacksta
I have read your post serveral times and I can conclude that the only reason why many nigerians want to come back home is simply partake of the corruption that is already on ground rather serving the masses. The fact of the matter people see nigeria as a place to come and make money.

Politicking is an act of trading, like barter I give you this u give me that, it happens all over the world, there is no harm in Nigerians in diasporas going home to contribute their own quota to the development of the country. Moreso if you successfully fight and win an election as a member of the house at state level not Federal level, and the Governor of state gives all the law makers N20 million constituency fund telling me what corruption is there. This fund allowed by the constitution of Nigeria. That is about £100, 000.00 in one go more than what many diasporans have earned. You have to remember the money is even tax free.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by strangleyo: 3:19pm On Mar 08, 2009
Diasporas should stay away from politics. Don't need to be in politics to exert influence.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by DisGuy: 4:12pm On Mar 08, 2009
KnowAll:

7. Local Goverment Chairman - this is another statrting point for most diasporan because it gives u grass root support. The rumenartion is not bad if u consider u have a police orderly, an official car, not a fantastic salary, but u can cut a lot of deals that can push up your income.

8. Deputy LG Chairman/ LG Legislature / Executive - starting point of any political career. A lot of diaspoarans will rather be contributing in the grass root level in Nigeria than contining the types of jobs they are doing abroad. The thinking behind this is if u have done your home work, u have set up small business in Naija, there is nothing wrong working as a legislature in the LG no matter the pay. Even LG Leg/Executive are previledge to cutting deals we all know that Nigerian's 3 rd tier of goverment hardly do anything and they get between 15 -20 % of the national cake.

Most Nigerians in disaporan beleive if you can get to any of these post listed above in Nigeria then you are half way to fulfilling your dream of even becoming the president of Nigeria, they say a journey of a 1000 miles start with the 1st step. And with the recent revalation that the political class spends 39% of the total budget on salaries, Nigerians in diaspora are of the view why exclude yourself from goverment's largesse

the LG wil be the dirtiest starting point, this area is pure agbero politics in some places esp SW-the fanbase is already set and local with oga donating 1000naira bills every other day on the street, I think they should stick with being Directors, Consultants and project leads at different agencies
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by mustafar1: 4:20pm On Mar 08, 2009
your post has this tone of diaporans are going home to cut their share of the cake. i really dont know how to respond.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Mar 08, 2009
Diasporans have been going back to Nigeria for decades now. Take a count of all the politicians in that country and you will find that majority were former diasporans who went home in the name of CHANGING THE FACE OF POLITICS in Nigeria. Disaporans are humans, Nigerians just like the ones who live full time in Nigeria and so I see no sense in people continuing to hail us as if we are messiahs of some kind and creating meaningless threads to praise them apart from other Nigerians. In th past 10 years alone, 5 past acquaintances of mine have moved back to Nigeria to supposedly make life better for Nigerians. Today, all 5 have houses, ride company/government cars, and drivers. Even heard that one has at least a mistress in each state. When asked how much good they have each brought to the lives of people around them, you get the same old selfish rattling obtainable from the average Nigerian who wants to get, get, get and thinks giving is too much.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 4:32pm On Mar 08, 2009
@must a far
your post has this tone of diaporans are going home to cut their share of the cake. i really dont know how to respond.

if the federal goverment is using 39% of its budget to pay political office holders, u as a nigerian whether u are in naija or in diaspora, u look at what u are earning here abroad, u ask yourself where am I going to be say in 5 or 10 years time, u do your calculations and draw your conclusion. If its worthwhile u carry your bag and head home at least what made u a diasporan in the first place its lack of opportunities and now under the new political dispensation there are tones of opportunities.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 4:38pm On Mar 08, 2009
"the LG wil be the dirtiest starting point, this area is pure agbero politics in some places esp SW-the fanbase is already set and local with oga donating 1000naira bills every other day on the street, I think they should stick with being Directors, Consultants and project leads at different agencies"

u will be suprise the kind of heavy weights involved at this level, One of papa awo's grand son is a local goverment chairman in lagos state.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by Becomrrich: 4:38pm On Mar 08, 2009
I do not have to been in nigeria to get appointed. I can live in canada and still get appointed to join the govt. All you would do  is relocate back to nigeria. And they collect 20 million naira.  so tell me if that is what state get, what do those in federal get. i want to know what the governor or senator get?.

I believe the  the yorubas to join the republic of benin. And i say what i say for the best of nigeria, i do not want to see 15 million people die for nothing.

i have seen the satellite pictures of nigeria, when i say the north is a minority I am saying it of a sincere heart and not because i hate the north. I love them. Look if i am a greed person, i would support yar adua and pretend i did not see the satellite picture. I know some powerful in side the president kitchen cabinet, and they would tell you, i could have become rich if i was going for the position or money.

I got to know some of them, all i need to do was just support or go back to nigeria, look my brother i am made for the rest of my life. i know so, I know they were not telling me a lie. I know what thier position under this govt can bring me. There are northerner. I tell you i would be in Yar adua govt one way or the other, if i sell my heart. I want all the best things of life but not to the selling of my soul and at the cause of other people lifes. Look people in the presidency knows i am not after money. They would tell you that themself.  

But i have to drop my greed and ask myself, will God not judge me to over look the right thing just for money i could make by doing it. Look when i say the south is more than the north in population, i mean so. And this would create probelm in future. that why i have ask for the yorubas and bendle and bayelsa to be in benin republic so that we avoid war in future. and save 15 million lifes.

I like money too, but i would not be able to sleep if i dont do the right thing.  money can buy a bed but cant buy sleep.

i know nigeria very well and it would end up in a war. Northern military officer who would discovery that they are minority may end the democratic process and kill all politician to save the north from disgrace.  look, i am just going to share some picture that i held back to show some other place in the south. and compare to the one in the north, i have been shown.

I have said the south west is at least 3 times far more than the south east, but let look at even the south east i claim is smaller than the south west, and you compare to the south east to the north. you would see tha north is in trouble and they need to join in removing of the yorubas and bayelsa bendle to benin as quick as possible.

This is imo states. even when imo have what we called scatter settlement, you can not compare them with the north.  So you see the north are really minority and the south would make sure they wait for 50 years too before they can get to power, that what i am trying to avoid t, to save 15 millions lifes.

I said if the yorubas area join benin, benin could be part of a Nigeria benin with same currency and 2 govt and central govt.

And why do i critic the govt, because this is the way to get the govt better. If i critic fashola, fashola would correct what i said and fashola govt  would get better and better, I also do the same to yar adua , look they can only better when i do that. look this is the way it is done in USA and other country and that why they are doing well.

Dont think i hate fashola or yar adua, i do not hate anyone, i dont hate northerner or igbos or anyone. I just like to say and do the right thing before God.

Diasporas should be in politics and they should go home and join politics, this is the way to get nigeria better. if you think , you have seen your father farm and it is the biggest in the world. What do you think those of us, who have lived in bigger farm can do help you develop. more than what you would think.

I can give fashola more than 100 ideas that he as never dream off because i have seen and lived in one of the biggest farm in the world. Diasporas have dual experience. And dual experience makes better society.  I can double the revenue of lagos or ondo or federal  in 3 month by ideas i got living in one of the biggest farm in the world.  And i can give your governor a run for thier money, if i am allow to debate with them on live television in a run to the state house. i can become the governor or senator. i know i can, the word of God says allthing are possible for him that believes.   Do i want to join fashola or mimiko or yar adua govt, or if i am going to run for governor or senate, it is not for me to say, it is for God to decide.

Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by blacksta(m): 4:43pm On Mar 08, 2009
Read everything so far clearly confirms the tone of subject here is simply about how much Money, Money one can make as a government offical, nothing about allevating the mass poverty of the people of Nigeria. Which i must say is very sad.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by mustafar1: 4:46pm On Mar 08, 2009
KnowAll:

@must a far

if the federal goverment is using 39% of its budget to pay political office holders, u as a nigerian whether u are in naija or in diaspora, u look at what u are earning here abroad, u ask yourself where am I going to be say in 5 or 10 years time, u do your calculations and draw your conclusion. If its worthwhile u carry your bag and head home at least what made u a diasporan in the first place its lack of opportunities and now under the new political dispensation there are tones of opportunities.

your post paints a picture as that of it being all about the money opportunity rather than the service to nation its meant to be. i really dont know what you r trying to highlight. the monetary aspect or the fact that people in diaspora have finally seen in their crystal ball that. no body would fix nigeria if we nigerians do not. thus the reason for moving back home.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by blacksta(m): 4:51pm On Mar 08, 2009
Please read the below. I say again Nigeria is seen as a place where one can make money cause you and i dont gave a damn about any postive change. The more disadvantage the society is the more money you make.

A member of the Ogun State House of Assembly, Oluseyi Moses, on Tuesday, declared that all the 26 lawmakers in the state are fraudulent and should immediately be arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Mr. Moses, who represents Sagamu 1 Constituency made the allegation on the floor of the House of Assembly, shortly after the suspension of two members of the assembly, stating further that he was ready to assist the anti-graft agency in exposing their (lawmakers) financial misdeeds.

He further said money and the selfish interests of individual members were the causes of the on-going crisis in the Assembly, adding that what lawmakers earn as salaries is much more than what Ph.D holders earn in the country, "Yet we still steal."

"I am calling on EFCC to arrest all of us," he said.

"I will cooperate with the organisation in exposing our financial mess. We should all be arrested. We are all thieves in this assembly. We are only fighting because of our selfish interest and pockets."

The lawmaker, who rained curses on all the 26 members of the assembly, said that they were all paupers before being elected to the House of Assembly, insisting that, their action so far was unfair to those who elected them and other citizens of the state.

He added "I would open up and confess to EFCC. We should all be locked up. The bottom line of the fight is money. Virtually all of us have built mansions and have chains of cars on getting to office, and where do we get the money?"

Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 4:52pm On Mar 08, 2009
@blacksta
Read everything so far clearly confirms the tone of subject here is simply about how much Money, Money  one can make as a government offical, nothing about allevating the mass poverty of the people of Nigeria.  Which i must say is very sad.

What brought u to europe in the first place, is it not money, standard of living,  opportunities,  now the reverse is the case, what took those diasporans out in the first place to some extent does not exist as before. Now there are more than 10,000 political post to be filled every 4 years not including head of goverment parastatal, if you are the one would  u not take your chance. In life whether we like it or not we want to better ourselves first before anything.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by blacksta(m): 5:09pm On Mar 08, 2009
KnowAll:

@blacksta
Read everything so far clearly confirms the tone of subject here is simply about how much Money, Money  one can make as a government oofficial nothing about aalleviatingthe mass poverty of the people of Nigeria.  Which i must say is very sad.

What brought u to europe in the first place, is it not money, standard of living,  opportunities,  now the reverse is the case, what took those diasporans out in the first place to some extent does not exist as before. Now there are more than 10,000 political post to be filled every 4 years not including head of goverment parastatal, if you are the one would  u not take your chance. In life whether we like it or not we want to better ourselves first before anything.

No doubt i wanted to better myself as the opportunity was limited in Nigeria but i was not aiming to going into politics abroad. The attractiveness of the other sectors such as the educational establishments was the biggest factor. The question you should ask yourself and others why is that it is only an attractive political office that would lure me back to Nigeria what about other areas in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by mustafar1: 5:10pm On Mar 08, 2009
KnowAll:

@blacksta
Read everything so far clearly confirms the tone of subject here is simply about how much Money, Money  one can make as a government offical, nothing about allevating the mass poverty of the people of Nigeria.  Which i must say is very sad.

i guess to you  its about what i can grab or the opportunity to grab and not really about serving. if thats how u want the cookie to crumble in ur hood, i guess you should be the last person i would expect to critique anything thats not right about the country.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 5:34pm On Mar 08, 2009
@Must a far
i guess to you its about what i can grab or the opportunity to grab and not really about serving. if thats how u want the cookie to crumble in ur hood, i guess you should be the last person i would expect to critique anything thats not right about the country.

You have to read the top part of the posting again, the opportunities open to diaspoaran are limited, for one they cannot be Governor or Deputy Governor overnight, so even if they have good intention about good goverance, would u as a special adviser or SSG tell your boss the Governor, oga no be so dey dey do things for abroad, u will be out of the window not even the door b4 u know it. You think a diasporan will want to compromise his whole family's future after making a difficult decision to relocate back to Nigeria no I dont think so. What u will do is you will serve deligently and your time will come. Fashola served tinubu deligently for 8 years and his time came and his doing good things for the people of lagos state. Rome was not built in a day your time will come and you take it.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by Becomrrich: 5:59pm On Mar 08, 2009
you have to tell your oga, no be that way they do thing aboard. if you cant tell him so, dont join his govt. why are you there in the first place. are you there become you want be boyboy or you want to serve. the  president or governor is not always right.

An good leader would listen to you, if you are making sense. look most idea people claim is awo, were by others working for him.
if a leader is humble, you get from others. And they make you look good, very good. even when you no know anything my brother. who would know that it is not your idea. who? it is a team. and not governor is God. The president or governor most believe he is part of a team.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 6:16pm On Mar 08, 2009
"you have to tell your oga, no be that way they do thing aboard. if you cant tell him so, dont join his govt. why are you there in the first place. are you there become you want be boyboy or you want to serve. the president or governor is not always right.

An good leader would listen to you, if you are making sense. look most idea people claim is awo, were by others working for him.
if a leader is humble, you get from others. And they make you look good, very good. even when you no know anything my brother. who would know that it is not your idea. who? it is a team. and not governor is God. "

We all know the real world does not work like that. Look BecomeRich there is a diffrence between blogging on NL and real politics. I think you enjoy blogging keep it up, and let those who want to play the real politics on the ground go ahead.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by Becomrrich: 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2009
trust me on this. i am born into politics from the days of chief obafemi awolowo UPN. I use to distribute Awolowo poster as a child and get out to vote,  my own father is an Awoist. My grand father use to do background work for the Action group. I am a third generation Awoist.   I know nigeria politics like the back of my hand.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by ilaugh1: 6:48pm On Mar 08, 2009
@poster

The problem with Nigeria is with the so called diasporians - but, who is a diasporian in the first case? - are they the group who sits abroad, refuses to come home, sees nothing good about Nigeria, and when they come home, they visit thier old time friends in government to see how they can share the national cake? Are these the diasporians? or globally, are you refeering to diasporians as every Nigerian who is living outside Nigeria, including neighbouring African and West African countries - are these the so called Diasporians? I contend, these are the people who made Nigeria what it is today, if your definition is any of the two I have defined above, then they are the ones who brought Nigeria to what it is, they are the ones in government, check most of the current politicians, government appointees and so, majority of them had lived outside Nigeria, wrote loads of shit about Nigeria, served one time in government, and stole and still stealing millions from government, they are the cause of the problem in Nigeria - the ones who are still in the diasdpora, they are the ones involved in credit card fraud, they are the ones involved in drug deals, they are the ones giving the country the negative image in the international community, they are the ones who goes on the pages of the internet and write  about what they havent experienced first hand, they are the ones who write and insinuate rubbish about the country, her leaders and co - they cause so much trouble, they run away from home, and instead of keeping quiet, they still go up there to make loads of noises, what is therefore the big deal about them, I ask?

They are always there, causing problem, the Nigerians at home just want to live their life, struggle and eke out a living, but these so called diasporians talk bollocks each time, they cant do but rubbish the country - so, we dont have to look at them as messiahs or something, now, the country they live is going in recession and many of them are finding their way back home, they come, they wont obey traffic rules as they do where they are coming from, they cause more problems, in short, the country is a better place without them.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by Becomrrich: 6:56pm On Mar 08, 2009
I do not fall into that class of nigerian. i do not have a criminal record. I am the good Diasporas . the one that believe he can change people lives to get better.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 7:01pm On Mar 08, 2009
Diaspoarans are citizens of a country who eke a living outside the home country. The reasons why we have a lot of Nigerians abroad is beacuse of the downturn in the economy in the mid 80's and the 90's. The essence of the post is Nigeria is now in a new political dispensation with lots of opportunities opening up, as a result a lot of Nigerians living abroad are going back home to seize these opportunities.  Diasporan is Diasporan whether u live in Fiji or in Ghana it really does not matter.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by oderemo(m): 7:03pm On Mar 08, 2009
@ become poor

like taking us all to republic of benin. i hear you.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by ilaugh1: 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2009
KnowAll:

Diaspoarans are citizens of a country who eke a living outside the home country. The reasons why we have a lot of Nigerians abroad is beacuse of the downturn in the economy in the mid 80's and the 90's. The essence of the post is Nigeria is now in a new political dispensation with lots of opportunities opening up, as a result a lot of Nigerians living abroad are going back home to seize these opportunities.  Diasporan is Diasporan whether u live in Fiji or in Ghana it really does not matter.

They are not going back to do anything better - I swear to God, if you pack all the "diasporians" to go back home and put them each in every available governoship, ministerial, or whatever government position, the country will be gone within 6 months, gone, finished, dead and buried, or, Poster, what good do you think they have to bear on the country? Be honest with yourself and with us here for one, how do you think they will make a difference? Or you suppose they are better because they have lived outside the country?
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by Becomrrich: 7:13pm On Mar 08, 2009
noone is saying so. but no all of us are bad, i came young, so i did not have the sell sell nigeria brain.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by ilaugh1: 7:24pm On Mar 08, 2009
I do not see and will never see what good the "diasporians" will add to the country Nigeria. They will rather exploit the country in a grandiose way never know to man. Just take a look at the way an average diasporian thinks, check the way they react to every "meaningful" development in Nigeria, you will agree with me they have nothing to offer anyone - check the discussion on the law on helmets, check their reasoning, check the discussion on Lagos introducing CCTV, check their reasoning on proposal to build light rail system in Abuja/Lagos and nationwide, check their reasoning on any project initiated by government, you will agree with me they will take us back to the stone age, they will never embark on any meaningful developmental project - they will spenad three years arguing on what to do in government, beleive me.
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by JJYOU: 7:49pm On Mar 08, 2009
wbb
Re: Nigerians In Diasporas Politiking In Nigeria by KnowAll(m): 8:04pm On Mar 08, 2009
I do not see and will never see what good the "diasporians" will add to the country Nigeria. They will rather exploit the country in a grandiose way never know to man. Just take a look at the way an average diasporian thinks, check the way they react to every "meaningful" development in Nigeria, you will agree with me they have nothing to offer anyone - check the discussion on the law on helmets, check their reasoning, check the discussion on Lagos introducing CCTV, check their reasoning on proposal to build light rail system in Abuja/Lagos and nationwide, check their reasoning on any project initiated by government, you will agree with me they will take us back to the stone age, they will never embark on any meaningful developmental project - they will spenad three years arguing on what to do in government, beleive me.

Diasporans are like any society u have the good, the bad and the Ugly. That does not mean that they are still not diaspoarans and Nigerians and are not any better or less better than Nigerians at home. Amongst Nigerians at home you have the Adeeboyes, so also you have the Aninis, all u should be praying for is the best person rules. This thread is about the political opportunities  available to both Nigerians in diasporas and Nigerians at home. It is about diasporas taking part in the new political dispensation on the ground. Wether they go their to embezzle is a debate for another day is not as if Nigerians on at home at not corrupt.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Pharmacists Find Opportunity On Detroit's West Side / How Do We Start Yoruba Ajo Banking System In Nigeria, Taxless System / Top Earners In The Nigerian Software Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.