Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

What's The Advantages Of Buying Shares - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What's The Advantages Of Buying Shares (2481 Views)

Advantages Of Early Crash Of MMM / Buying Shares In Nigeria / Please Advise Me On Buying Shares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Advantages Of Buying Shares by swaggprofessor(m): 1:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
pls I have intentions of buying shares in large quantities from one of Nigeria leading breweries but am a bit skeptical cos I don know the gains of having shares. pls I need ur opinions. help a brother out with your candid advice.
Re: What's The Advantages Of Buying Shares by ernie4life(m): 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
swaggprofessor:
pls I have intentions of buying shares in large quantities from one of Nigeria leading breweries but am a bit skeptical cos I don know the gains of having shares. pls I need ur opinions. help a brother out with your candid advice.

There is no gain in buying shares except the fact that you will make profit from capital appreciation , bonuses and dividends, yeah before I forget you also become a part owner of a company. If these are not enough reasons for you I will advice look else where to invest.
stocks offer you possibility of 40% profit in a short period of time if you buy correctly, stocks / equities / have always out performed the fixed income market over time, judging that the stock market is down now presents a good opportunity to come into the market, I advice u look for stocks with fundamentals

Always keep in mind the possibility of loosing completely

Endeavour to get yourself a good stock brokerage firm that provides all stock brokerage services

Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: What's The Advantages Of Buying Shares by swaggprofessor(m): 11:30am On Oct 10, 2015
ernie4life:

There is no gain in buying shares except the fact that you will make profit from capital appreciation , bonuses and dividends, yeah before I forget you also become a part owner of a company. If these are not enough reasons for you I will advice look else where to invest.
stocks offer you possibility of 40% profit in a short period of time if you buy correctly, stocks / equities / have always out performed the fixed income market over time, judging that the stock market is down now presents a good opportunity to come into the market, I advice u look for stocks with fundamentals

Always keep in mind the possibility of loosing completely

Endeavour to get yourself a good stock brokerage firm that provides all stock brokerage services

Goodluck
Pls how do I start buying of stocks, pls enlighten me on the stock market.
Re: What's The Advantages Of Buying Shares by ernie4life(m): 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2015
swaggprofessor:
Pls how do I start buying of stocks, pls enlighten me on the stock market.

to start buying stocks you need to open a stock/ cscs account through a stock brokerage firm, some firms may charge you for account opening while others will do this for free for you based on the fact that you will buy shares.

next is selection of stocks to buy, right now prices of stock are low and presents opportunity for you to buy at cheap prices and wait for prices to go up so that you can make profit. in picking stocks you have to consider two things- fundamentals and technical factors. let them be your criteria of selections of stocks to buy. please buy value and not price

in your selection of a stock brokerage firm, make sure the firm is regulated by firm, you can do this by logging on to sec.gov.ng click on check registered companies and you will see list of all regulated stock firms. Also consider a firm that provides all needed stock brokerage services.
Re: What's The Advantages Of Buying Shares by swaggprofessor(m): 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2015
ernie4life:

to start buying stocks you need to open a stock/ cscs account through a stock brokerage firm, some firms may charge you for account opening while others will do this for free for you based on the fact that you will buy shares.

next is selection of stocks to buy, right now prices of stock are low and presents opportunity for you to buy at cheap prices and wait for prices to go up so that you can make profit. in picking stocks you have to consider two things- fundamentals and technical factors. let them be your criteria of selections of stocks to buy. please buy value and not price

in your selection of a stock brokerage firm, make sure the firm is regulated by firm, you can do this by logging on to sec.gov.ng click on check registered companies and you will see list of all regulated stock firms. Also consider a firm that provides all needed stock brokerage services.
thanks a lot. Now I am enlightened.
Re: What's The Advantages Of Buying Shares by 5Onesoul(m): 5:03pm On Jan 25, 2016
ernie4life:

You've really enlightened me as well. However, permit me to ask few question and its okay if you don't feel the need to answer.
I personally intend to invest a long term investment of about (5yrs to start with) with a principal capital of #3m - #4m on firms like Nestles , Uniliver and and co. But I'd like you to share more light on what you meant by "fundamentals and technical factors." and also If you could assist in suggesting good potential stockbrokers. Thanks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Raise Investment Money With As Little As 5k Starting Capital / Own A Plot At East Amber Estate,abijo GRA Lekki 100% Dry Land And Fenced / Where To Channel N10000 Monthly; Professional Advice Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.