Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days (3143 Views)

Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts / Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days / Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
Call me old school, you are right. I brought you our old Nigeria music legends few days. Today, it is a different table. This really entwined friendships and families back then when we start talking about them

From emotional and captivating songs (even though we know not what they say) to compelling stories that pin you down to your seats, it is no saying that some classic Indian movies will forever linger in our memories. For some of us who lived that age, our entertainment history can never be fully written without mentioning and acknowledging these movies, no offence to the new generation.
It is also not surprising that it was more of a monopolized show as you see that a particular actor featured in most of these classics - our favourite Amitabh Bachchan. We also have the likes of Dhramendra, Amrish Puri (the evil-role player), Shashi Kapoor. Even though most recent indian movies no longer attract us, a trip down the memory lane will surely make you not to discard these classics.
These are the ones I could recall from memory, you may add yours. I hope you get that nostalgic feeling that accompanies this. Enjoy!

1 Like

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
b

1 Like

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 3:00pm On Jul 12, 2015
c

1 Like

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 12, 2015
cool
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 3:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
d

1 Like

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by segemint(f): 3:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
I really love their movies and their culture.. I really enjoyed my stay there..
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 3:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
e

1 Like

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
Freemanan:

Werey grin

You do not need to use such an abusive word. I only booked those spaces to be able upload the rest of the pictures. You need to take that back.
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by nairayouthcom(m): 3:06pm On Jul 12, 2015
watch leak video on www.downloadwapaz.com.ng
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by ArchEnemy(m): 3:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
Mad, Toofan on point
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
lolaxavier:

You do not need to use such an abusive word. I only booked those spaces to be able upload the rest of the pictures. You need to take that back.
That's a social banta nau....
It's not an insult...
Chai you never come warri...
Where folks will tell you "your fada" even when they are clearly having fun with you... Just a merry cliche...

As you are alien to it... I take it back.... I wouldn't want the wrath of the gods
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 3:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
Freemanan:

That's a social banta nau....
It's not an insult...
Chai you never come warri...
Where folks will tell you "your fada" even when they are clearly having fun with you... Just a merry cliche...

As you are alien to it... I take it back.... I wouldn't want the wrath of the gods

Now we are at par...by the way, guess the collection is on point.
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
lolaxavier:

Now we are at par...by the way, guess the collection is on point.
100%
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by kliq(m): 3:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
Love Burning Train and Mr India

; Karate
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by freecocoa(f): 3:47pm On Jul 12, 2015
Aww! Sweet memories.

My brother loved Sholay(watched it repeatedly), those policemen made him laugh in a way I'm yet to understand.grin

Those movies were the in thing those days.

Indian movies and novels(especially Mills & boons) shaped my idea of what a boyfriend should be.grin

1 Like

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by cocolacec(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by cocolacec(m): 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by boolet: 6:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
My favourites were Toofan, Terimeribaniyan and Nagin.
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 7:09pm On Jul 12, 2015
Precious memories
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by DonTim1: 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
wow, teri mabaniya abi how we dey call am den, we loved that movie to the letter, d dog was awesome, a scene he saluted, and also save his masters wife i guess.

and the song, amar....akubar...antonieeeeee

grin
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by aventura: 10:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
Nostalgia.........
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by nnamdiosu(m): 8:30am On Jul 13, 2015
freecocoa:
Aww! Sweet memories.

My brother loved Sholay(watched it repeatedly), those policemen made him laugh in a way I'm yet to understand.grin

Those movies were the in thing those days.

Indian movies and novels(especially Mills & boons) shaped my idea of what a boyfriend should be.grin

and I hope life and reality has unshaped it?
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by freecocoa(f): 8:42am On Jul 13, 2015
nnamdiosu:

and I hope life and reality has unshaped it?
Unshaped wetin, duh!
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 13, 2015
I love india films,have watched a lot to the extent I don't need a subtitle to understand it again..

Have watched nearly all the films you listed there,and more.

#Teamindiafilm.
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 10:05am On Jul 13, 2015
Yomieluv:
I love india films,have watched a lot to the extent I don't need a subtitle to understand it again..

Have watched nearly all the films you listed there,and more.

#Teamindiafilm.

Me sef no need subtitle...sometime i even speak the language when watching the film.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Feeding Allowance Is Sufficient For A Family Of Five / Most Heart-touching Life Experience Your Parents Ever Shared With You / Things Pregnant Women Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.