Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days (1953 Views)

8-Month-Old Indian Girl Weighs 10lbs, Craves For Food & Eats Like An Adult (Pics / Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts / Discipline: Funny Things Kids Were Beaten For Back In The Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 11:58am On Oct 16, 2015
Call me old school, you are right.
From emotional and captivating songs (even though we know not what they mean) to compelling stories that pin you down to your seats, it is no saying that some classic Indian movies will forever linger in our memories. For some of us who lived that age, our entertainment history can never be fully written without mentioning and acknowledging these movies, no offence to the new generation.
It is also not surprising that it was more of a monopolized show as you see that a particular actor featured in most of these classics - our favourite Amitabh Bachchan. We also have the likes of Dhramendra, Amrish Puri (the evil-role player), Shashi Kapoor. Even though most recent indian movies no longer attract us, a trip down the memory lane will surely make you not to discard these classics.
These are the ones I could recall from memory, you may add yours. I hope you get that nostalgic feeling that accompanies this. Enjoy!

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 11:58am On Oct 16, 2015
b

1 Share

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 11:59am On Oct 16, 2015
c.

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 11:59am On Oct 16, 2015
d

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
e

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
f

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by FruityLass: 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2015
My favourite is ju gnu
Indians with their love for songs, marriage and snakes.

Like ja ne hu hu
ja ne ti ge
ja na ta wu
cheesy grin
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by ClassCaptain(m): 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
Who don watch Nagin and Toofan version..two of the Funniest Things av seen on Tc
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 12:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
Just realized I posted under family section instead of Movies/TV. I hope this gets to the front page. Would love to see how this will give goosebumps to some oldies. cheesy
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by DuchessLily(f): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2015
The PROMISE.

Seeta and Geeta

2 Likes

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Mutuwa(m): 12:20pm On Oct 16, 2015
these were the glee and mirthful days.Back then as a kid,Indian movies came up on Saturdays. The streets then were only left a bit scanty,for everyone including the adults were indoors, glued to the screen.it was NTA.

Subsequently,the Americans now took over with first blood pt 1 and commando.which gave rise to petty crimes and people with disassociative identity disorder.You now could hardly see kites flying,cars made out cigarette cartons and milk can being toyed around with,inclduing the almighty "boris car" Its just indomie and Dora the explorer.

1 Like

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by bossOD: 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2015
I just don't know why I hate Indian movies.
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2015
Mutuwa:
these were the glee and mirthful days.Back then as a kid,all Indian movies came up on Saturday streets then were only left a bit scanty,for everyone including the adults were indoors glued to the screen,then it was NTA.
Subsequently,the Americans now took over with first blood pt 1 and commando.which gave rise to petty crimes and people with disassociative identity disorder.You now could hardly see kites flying,cars made out cigarette cartons and milk can being toyed around with.Its just indomie and Dora the explorer.

True. Things were more relaxed then. Unfortunately, all these acts have been lost in the shadows but the memories will forever linger.

2 Likes

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
bossOD:
I just don't know why I hate Indian movies.

I am not a fan of the recent indian movies but if you actually were a part of the late 70s/ early 80s, there's a high tendency you would have loved it back then.

1 Like

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by olaafirst: 12:30pm On Oct 16, 2015
DuchessLily:
The PROMISE.

Seeta and Geeta
dis r the 2 film DAT I have been lukin for serious I can remember den
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by AyeeIdris(f): 12:41pm On Oct 16, 2015
Great collection but the Nagin poster is not the version that was popular in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by daniska3yaro(m): 12:41pm On Oct 16, 2015
Mother india just the movie of the moment,very touching.
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Lucasbalo(m): 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2015
Dus Nubril (Number 10), Sholay, and Love in Tokyo were 3 of my all time favorites then at Famous Glover Hall and Corona Cinema. Glorious old days of Lagos.
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 1:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
daniska3yaro:
Mother india just the movie of the moment,very touching.

This is one of the movies that will always bring tears whenever you watch it.

1 Like

Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Onegai(f): 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2015
Amitabh Bachan in his youth grin these films are on YouTube if youngsters wanna watch.

Who wants to do modern Bollywood movie day soon...
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 2:19pm On Oct 16, 2015
Onegai:
Amitabh Bachan in his youth grin these films are on YouTube if youngsters wanna watch.

Who wants to do modern Bollywood movie day soon...

cheesy
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by demelza: 5:53pm On Oct 16, 2015
Op thank God you remembered to put Nagin or else....... angry
Thats one movie whose details I can still vividly remember right down to the soundtracks. kiss
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Haywhymido(m): 6:33pm On Oct 16, 2015
Nagrin dat snake film, mad, sholay,toofan. Dose days i usually wait till 10pm to watch dem every friday night.
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by spikesC(m): 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
Chai, i don old oo grin
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by Bootybuttchic(f): 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
i watched everyting,,,,,....u dint add yadonki barat,watan ke rekwale,mr india...i cant forget amrish puri(rip).....i don old ooooo......karan arjun sef oo...
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by resty4(m): 7:44pm On Oct 16, 2015
D burning train, oh how lovers were burnt 2 death.
2des india films r trash devoid of india savor n fragrance.
Re: Oldies: 24 Classic Indian Movies That Warmed Our Hearts Back In The Days by lolaxavier(m): 8:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
Burning train brought out tears. Awesome!

(1) (Reply)

Why Freeman Committed The Unspeakable / I Am Feeling Suicidal / Anytime My Husband Cheats, He Cleans The House & Buys Me Gifts – Lady Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.