Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts (54171 Views)

''He Died Because He Wanted To Please Everybody'' Nigerian Man Mourns His Friend / Father Asked His Son To Have A Haircut. Then The Son Did This (Photos) / Guy Shares Photos Of His Mother Who Looks More Like His Elder Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by VastFinder: 7:58am On Mar 05, 2017
A woman from Kentucky, in the U.S., shared the most endearing on her Facebook page, regarding her 5-year-old son, Jax and his best friend, Reddy.

Jax and Reddy are inseparable, going to the same school and playing together all the time.

It turns out they both wanted to have the same haircut, even though they have very different kind of hair; in fact, they are from different races.

Jax needed to get a haircut, and the first thing he asked his mom, Lydia Rosebush, was that he wanted it to be just like the short style his best buddy had.

“He said that he wanted his head shaved really short so he could look like his friend Reddy. He said he couldn't wait to go to school on Monday with his hair like Reddy's so that his teacher wouldn't be able to tell them apart. He thought it would be so hilarious to confuse his teacher,” Lydia recounted.

She felt Jax’s innocence -by not being able to realize that the color of their skinwould always make them look different-, could remind everyone that racism is something we are definitely not born with.

Lydia was moved by the fact that “the only difference Jax sees in the two of them is their hair.”

Her touching Facebook story has gone viral. It has been liked and shared by thousands of users.

Jax’s mother comments he never mentions his friend Reddy’s skin color, even when he describes his pal.“I thought with all the hate in the world today, we could use this lesson from an almost 5-year-old,”she thoughtfully added.

Source: https://vastfinder..com/2017/03/5-years-old-boy-asks-mom-for-haircut-to.html

https://m.facebook.com/lydia.rosebush/posts/10158387584795595

92 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by 7agaza(m): 8:00am On Mar 05, 2017
nice

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by vivypretty(f): 8:10am On Mar 05, 2017
looks like the also have same smile

a lesson to ponder on

155 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by Solowande(m): 8:14am On Mar 05, 2017
Love known no colour, whether u are black or white. Let Love reign and say no to RACISM. One love

214 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by Alvino1(m): 8:14am On Mar 05, 2017
na small pikin still dey worry two of them sha.... meanwhile this is the kind of thing you get beaten for@ that age here in naija..

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by sisisioge: 8:16am On Mar 05, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin

Oh my! I can't tell Jax from Reddy o grin grin grin grin cute kiss

105 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by StarBukola(f): 8:16am On Mar 05, 2017
Cute little things, .I pray u remain friends for life!

148 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by WeNoGoDie(m): 8:25am On Mar 05, 2017
Please whose Jax from the photos. At least they should tell us

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by rawpadgin(m): 5:47pm On Mar 05, 2017
touching!

hopefully they won't inject him with the racism virus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by ezera(m): 5:47pm On Mar 05, 2017
Black should be a colour not a nationality.
Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 05, 2017
Cute kids kiss

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 05, 2017
just imagine zombies and wailers like this

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by ozeman(m): 5:49pm On Mar 05, 2017
Racism is actually for animals

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by Dadasneh: 5:49pm On Mar 05, 2017
Oh my..oh my..FP for the first time

Say no to RACIsM..

1 Like

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by OldBeer: 5:49pm On Mar 05, 2017
Racism, hatred, and all manner of evil are taught by adults.
The hearts of children are so pure which is why the kingdom of heaven belongs to them.

BTW Its hard to tell them apart. I am sure their teacher was fooled. grin

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by Proffdada: 5:49pm On Mar 05, 2017
Now i'm confused
Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2017
Such pure heart that knows no such as race

3 Likes

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by gbaskiboy: 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2017
different colors one nation. No matter where you come from, we are all one, we should avoid nationalistic prejudice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by GenOrumov: 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2017
In Nigeria, we first look at ourselves from the lens of religion and ethnicity.

27 Likes

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by crackhouse(m): 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2017
They still have a virgin heart that have not been defiled.

11 Likes

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by gretblue: 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2017
WeNoGoDie:
Please whose Jax from the photos. At least they should tell us
Read it again, but slowly this time.

41 Likes

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by maynation(f): 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
Cute embarassed kiss

1 Like

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by hollywater: 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
Sweet. No one was born with racism.

2 Likes

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by anibi9674: 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
lovely.
Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by ednut1(m): 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
Some pple will scream say no to racism. Bt are tribalistic demselves undecided

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by peeparty(m): 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww see the bond they have at this age..no evil shall see this ones ijn.

10 Likes

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2017
StarBukola:
Cute little things, .I pray u remain friends for life!
nigerians sef..... Na those beautiful creatures u dey call little things? i wish the rest of the world could emulate them.

2 Likes

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by ITbomb(m): 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2017
The maker of the camera that was used to take this shot is a racist

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by robosky02(m): 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2017
nice grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by lifestyle1(m): 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2017
Land of freedom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by megareal: 5:54pm On Mar 05, 2017
Every child is born innocent until society turns them into whatever monsters they become. Early exposure to negatives quickly shapes a child's life to embrace the bad ways.

Little wonder our African parents then tried to shield us from early societal corruptions. Today , we expose our children to everything and we wonder why they turn out badly. Truthfully, evil is taught by and derived from the society.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts by Opakan2: 5:54pm On Mar 05, 2017
As sweet as the story sounds..

Blacks are still backward. We only understand consumption and leave the rest to luck. We even rely on others for almost everything
Hope Blacks too will wakeup someday

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Relative Missing Since 2008, Please Help (Photo) / My Husband Doesn't Blv I Lost My Virginity To Him.it's Hurtful / How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.