Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,921 members, 7,852,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:42 PM

How Ndlea Goofed On Davido Video - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Ndlea Goofed On Davido Video (519 Views)

Chime Amaechina Died Coughing Blood - Kemi Olunloyo On Davido's Crew Member / Victor Elejo Speaks On Davido & Tagbo's Death. Shares Video / Seyi Law Reacts To Buhari’s Speech, “Buhari Goofed Big Time In His Speech” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Ndlea Goofed On Davido Video by contactwale: 6:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
I read on today's edition of Punch newspaper that NDLEA has set up a panel to investigate a music video (Fans mi) released by Nigerian artiste, Davido, in which he displayed a substance suspected to be hard drugs.

The Director of Public Affairs of the NDLEA, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju, told Punch that the investigative panel might invite the hip-hop artiste for questioning if the need arose.

“When our attention was drawn to it, we viewed it and we discovered that it was improper. There is no moral lesson in it and he was just advertising drug trafficking.

“In the video, he exchanged a brief case supposedly containing narcotics for dollars. He was displaying affluence in the video. If it (the plot) had climaxed in an arrest and possible detention, we would have congratulated him for partnering with us. But the way he portrayed drug trafficking in the video was a means to an end, which the end is a life of affluence which we disagree with.”

After reading this, I had to go to Youtube to watch the video. It was to my greatest consternation to discover that there was nothing like drug in the video!

Certainly the setting of the video is that of drug barrons where substance suspected to be drugs were wrapped and put in a suitcase. The suitcase was actually exchanges for another one stuffed with different dollar denominations.

However, the video later showed the substance being poured into boiling water where a plate of semovita was made out of it. The video ends with Davido devouring the dish with some pieces of bush meat and efo riro while washing it down with choiced drinks.

While I will agree with the law enforcement agency that there is no moral lesson lesson learnt in the video, as it encourages fraudulent practices, this was not a case of hard drug. IT WAS A CLEAR CASE OF 419 as money was fraudulently obtained from the white guy under false pretence.

It is my submission that Nigerian public servants need to do their homework well before coming to the public to inform us.

Re: How Ndlea Goofed On Davido Video by INTROVERT(f): 6:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
Have u watched d video well cos what you are saying is illogical
Re: How Ndlea Goofed On Davido Video by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
it is lalasticlala not waht ever u wrote up there
and who cares? they can't arrest him or ban the video
Re: How Ndlea Goofed On Davido Video by DjAndroid: 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
SO DAVIDO EXCHANGED ORDINARY SEMO WITH BOX FULL OF DOLLARS?

(1) (Reply)

I Miss Gej.......... Bobo Remix... / Kim Kardashian Shared A Naked Photo Of Herself Rolling Around In Silver Paint / Have You Seen Majid: Next MAMA Award Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.