Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

If Sule Lamido Is Arrested, What Is Ex Governor Amaechi Doing Free? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Sule Lamido Is Arrested, What Is Ex Governor Amaechi Doing Free? (598 Views)

Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid / Is This How Popular Sule Lamido Is In Jigawa? (Photos) / EFCC Swoops On Diezani’s Residence In Abuja As Ex-minister Is Arrested In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Sule Lamido Is Arrested, What Is Ex Governor Amaechi Doing Free? by coolscott(m): 9:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
The recent onslaught of the EFCC on ex governor Sule Lamido seems to be a continuation of the selective "persecution" EFCC is known for with public officials.

No doubt, most people EFCC goes after have to have their hands dirty for the persecution to work or hold water but their actions still begs the question, "Why are others walking free?"

The one person that comes to mind is ex gov Rotimi Amaechi.
His acts of misappropriation were so brave, even if one didn't want to notice, we would.

To name just a few of his apparent misdemeanours

1. He was given $1billion to help fight Ebola. In rivers state, we know we didn't see anything close to a million dollars being spent.

2. After the governorship elections which Dakuku lost, he hurriedly allocated =N=4billion for the conduction of elections he knew were illegal even though he was owing both workers and pensioners months and months of salaries.
In Port Harcourt, the RISEC (Rivers State Independent Electoral Commission) chairman was said to tell his aquintances that it was aboit less than 2 billion he actually received.

3. He spent 150bn naira on a monorail neither asked for nor needed, and which currently covers only a =N=50 distance by bus or taxi. The project remains unfinished after his 2 tenures.

You will recall that about 2 years ago the universities went on strike in Nigeria for a protracted period, asking for only 2 thirds of that money (100 billion naira) which was not easy for the Fed govt to agree to provide.

The wonder about the monorail is that if you live in Port Harcourt, you will understand why even market women believed is was a foolish project even before the governor finally agreed he could not finish it. It is hard to respect the mind that conceived that for Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
The bottom line is that it is a 150 billion naira project that currently covers only a 50 naira distance (by road or by bus). And it still remains unusable.

Now there are other allegations against him like his involvement in the sale of our gas turbines and others I can't mention now.

The question is if the monstrosity of Amaechi's financial misdemeanours are before our eyes, why is Lamido with the EFCC while Amaechi walks free?
Re: If Sule Lamido Is Arrested, What Is Ex Governor Amaechi Doing Free? by feldido(m): 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2015
Dancing shakiti Bobo... If Buhari no jail am, then I know he is an epitome of Kwaruftion.

1 Like

Re: If Sule Lamido Is Arrested, What Is Ex Governor Amaechi Doing Free? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:14pm On Jul 12, 2015
feldido:
Dancing shakiti Bobo... If Buhari no jail am, then I know he is an epitome of Kwaruftion.
You go wait tire o grin
Re: If Sule Lamido Is Arrested, What Is Ex Governor Amaechi Doing Free? by seedgreen(m): 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
Following
Re: If Sule Lamido Is Arrested, What Is Ex Governor Amaechi Doing Free? by AgbenuAnna(f): 9:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
hmmm Niger I hail thee .in politics no permanent friend no permanent enemy
Re: If Sule Lamido Is Arrested, What Is Ex Governor Amaechi Doing Free? by kamair237(m): 9:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
Ameachi is not corrupt for Christ sake let him be!!
Re: If Sule Lamido Is Arrested, What Is Ex Governor Amaechi Doing Free? by ogba20: 9:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
feldido:
. @ op, i cant be deceived i knew dat dementd man is nt real, up till now has he decleared his asset? Tomoro one idiot wil shout changes, nonsense
Re: If Sule Lamido Is Arrested, What Is Ex Governor Amaechi Doing Free? by phemmyutd(m): 9:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
ogba20:
. @ op, i cant be deceived i knew dat dementd man is nt real, up till now has he decleared his asset? Tomoro one idiot wil shout changes, nonsense

You might not leave long with this your hatred for PMB. because I don't see you surviving this for 4yrs talk less if 8yrs. repentance will do you real good

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Loses 40 % Of Generated Electricity To Theft, Says Expert / Photos: President buhari departs for us / Former SFG Aminu Saleh Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.