Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,948 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom - Education (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom (150296 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Participation Thread / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition: The Waiting Is Over / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Planning Chatroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 8:20am On Mar 31, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Are we going to be Judged.
Thought you said it is just like the normal discussion.

They will not score you but they will be around to ask you question.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 31, 2016
Fynestboi:

A reasonable human being will be able to infer the qualification of all the judges from the answer I gave you, In quote below, but you only choose to continually display your erroneous way of thinking...

Hence replying you any further will be make you feel your questions are coherent.
One thing is sure, the supposed judges are products of one school or the other, and it will come as no surprise if we have judges who are alumnus sitting over their alma mata's debate rounds. I give up, the rot is already too deep. Ive taken note of you and your cohorts though. I hope you make corrections in the next Nairaland Interschool Debate.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 31, 2016
luxanne:

You need proof because you are Horlapelumi or Timidelaw or any of our debaters or what exactly?

I read from your post that you have been following the debate from her first edition, so tell me, why didn't you request for a rerun when LASU won the last edition?

Oh, I get... The judges weren't biased then.

Lool.

Smh?!
They deserved to win. Its a pity, Nigerians just like to defend themselves every damn time.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by emaculate99: 11:35am On Mar 31, 2016
danyel09:
One thing is sure, the supposed judges are products of one school or the other, and it will come as no surprise if we have judges who are alumnus sitting over their alma mata's debate rounds. I give up, the rot is already too deep. Ive taken note of you and your cohorts though. I hope you make corrections in the next Nairaland Interschool Debate.

Are you saying that the judges who sat on the debate are alumni of the schools in question or what? If that's what you are saying, it would be appreciated if you can provide evidence to it. This evidence will give your outburst some credibility.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by emaculate99: 11:41am On Mar 31, 2016
danyel09:
They deserved to win. Its a pity, Nigerians just like to defend themselves every damn time.
It's a principle of natural justice for everyone to defend him/herself when allegation is raised against him/her. It's the right of every citizen. Check section 36. You cannot condemn someone unheard: this means, you cannot condemn someone without listening to his/her defence. Your claim is faulty.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by emaculate99: 12:53pm On Mar 31, 2016
danyel09:
imagine, they closed my thread. The powers that be, this is [size=19pt]INJUSTICE[/size]
"14. Please search the forum before creating a new thread
on Nairaland."

The rule states that you should search the forum before creating a new thread on Nairaland. The question to ask is : What should we search the forum for? From the enforcement of the rule, we can deduce that we should search if our thread won't create a duplication. There is a thread for anything, allegation or chat resulting from this debate. You created another thread for this purpose when you know fully well that this thread is for that purpose. Your thread broke rule no. 14 of Nairaland Forum. And the Mods punished you accordingly, therefore, there is no INJUSTICE as you claimed.

Your thread broke the law - rule no. 14. By virtue of that, your thread became illegal. Illegality of your thread caused the mods to close your thread. Therefore, the closing of your thread is just and fair.

However, is it fair to say that the mods cheated you by closing down an illegal thread?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
Fynestboi:
NAIRALAND INTERSCHOOL DEBATE THIRD EDITION FINALS.
OAU VS UNILORIN to discuss the topic.
Should UTME (Unified Tertiary matriculation Examination) Be scrapped or not?
Join us on Sunday as the two Schools will be doing justice to it..
Time: 6pm...
Judges.
Josep..h1382
King..tom
Freema..nan

our stance is that UTME should be scraped, right?

So, we should prepare two participant and less than 500words each
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 1:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
Neyoor:

our stance is that UTME should be scraped, right?

So, we should prepare two participant and less than 500words each

Yes.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by ahahnow: 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2016
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 31, 2016
emaculate99:
It's a principle of natural justice for everyone to defend him/herself when allegation is raised against him/her. It's the right of every citizen. Check section 36. You cannot condemn someone unheard: this means, you cannot condemn someone without listening to his/her defence. Your claim is faulty.
Who is this one for Christ sake ? Does this place look like a law court or tribunal that you're telling me principles of natural justice ? smh indeed common sense is not common.

contrabanned
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
emaculate99:
"14. Please search the forum before creating a new thread
on Nairaland."

The rule states that you should search the forum before creating a new thread on Nairaland. The question to ask is : What should we search the forum for? From the enforcement of the rule, we can deduce that we should search if our thread won't create a duplication. There is a thread for anything, allegation or chat resulting from this debate. You created another thread for this purpose when you know fully well that this thread is for that purpose. Your thread broke rule no. 14 of Nairaland Forum. And the Mods punished you accordingly, therefore, there is no INJUSTICE as you claimed.

Your thread broke the law - rule no. 14. By virtue of that, your thread became illegal. Illegality of your thread caused the mods to close your thread. Therefore, the closing of your thread is just and fair.

However, is it fair to say that the mods cheated you by closing down an illegal thread?
Nigerians will always remember that there is one law or moral rule somewhere when they want to defend themselves forgetting that they themselves have erred in that instance on many occasions. Duplications ? ? If you know how many duplicated threads are on this forum, some even hitting FP you won't be talking. All of you are just failing to impress with your weak arguments smh.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 10:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
Na wa for some people o.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by emaculate99: 10:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
danyel09:
Who is this one for Christ sake ? Does this place look like a law court or tribunal that you're telling me principles of natural justice ? smh indeed common sense is not common.

contrabanned

1. Fair hearing is the right of the people that must not be trampled upon. It can be brought up at anytime and at any place. Whenever there is a particular party seeking justice, the other party must be allowed to defend himself. it is common sense.

2. You first brought in the principle of natural justice - "nemo judex in causa sua"- into this discussion. If you want justice then, you should follow the second principle of natural justice which is fair hearing. The justice you want cannot be done without it.

3. I am done with you.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 31, 2016
emaculate99:

1. Fair hearing is the right of the people that must not be trampled upon. It can be brought up at anytime and at any place. Whenever there is a particular party seeking justice, the other party must be allowed to defend himself. it is common sense.

2. You first brought in the principle of natural justice - "nemo judex in causa sua"- into this discussion. If you want justice then, you should follow the second principle of natural justice which is fair hearing. The justice you want cannot be done without it.

3. I am done with you.
apply your defense to my proposition that Nigerians like defending themselves, gosh common sense !!!!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Abuklaw(m): 4:10pm On Apr 01, 2016
What is this commotion all about now! Please stop the recrimination going on here. I also raised an observation during monday's debate which no one pays attention to. Since we are human, we can't be perfect. Fynestboi and crew have done their best to make this debate flawless. But the truth is; there is room for improvement.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
Is the pre-match no more holding today?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2016
Neyoor:
I don't think so.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by graciousolo(m): 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
Mr Fynestboi, what is it this time?

We knew this wasn't going to be competitive but, we wrote all the same out of respect.

Is this going to be another effort in futility?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 6:51pm On Apr 03, 2016
graciousolo:

We knew this wasn't going to be competitive but, we wrote all the same out of respect.

Hmm.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by emaculate99: 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2016
Neyoor:
Jeez! Is it not going to hold?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 8:08pm On Apr 03, 2016
graciousolo:

Please don't be annoyed, I have examination tommorow and I was supposed to take my class through a tutorial, though I called someone to stand in place for me...

Can we still go ahead with it?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 8:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
Neyoor,graciousolo, Emaculate99 OAUTemitayo

Can we still go ahead...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by OAUTemitayo: 10:13pm On Apr 03, 2016
Fynestboi:
Neyoor,graciousolo, Emaculate99 OAUTemitayo

Can we still go ahead...
Let us forget it.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 6:14am On Apr 04, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Let us forget it.

undecided
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by ifyalways(f): 6:57am On Apr 06, 2016
Fynestboi:

undecided
I asked for your account details so I can redeem my pledge but no response from u, did you get my email?

Good morning.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 9:14pm On Apr 06, 2016
ifyalways:
I asked for your account details so I can redeem my pledge but no response from u, did you get my email?

Good morning.

Wow, I did replied, let me do that again ma..
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by ifyalways(f): 10:44am On Apr 07, 2016
Fynestboi:

Wow, I did replied, let me do that again ma..
Seen Now. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (65) (Reply)

List Private Universities In Nigeria / ✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / Quantitative Reasoning Primary 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.