Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) (8784 Views)

Burna Boy Steal Ghana Artist A.I Song / A Few Facts About The D.N.A / Pics. See The Beautiful Road To G.R.A Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by wristbangle: 10:20am On Jul 13, 2015
cool
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 13, 2015
peeparty:

we are waiting.

Long time bro, where av you been?
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by MizMyColi(f): 10:30am On Jul 13, 2015
*Parks Paw Paw Tree Here
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by naijaboiy: 10:32am On Jul 13, 2015
[b]Scentmarlc...how can your organising team get every active member from each section when majority,,if not all are made up of active romance section members?

Going to other sections to select nominees from there may be a little bit myopic as they don't frequent there well enough to know the "who is who" in that section.

If you want to make this Award look realistic and impartial,,allow the section members to Nominate who they want or let each section have a representative in your organising group.

One person cannot enter another section he/she hardly looks at their home topic and select anybody there.

This is just to avoid shady selections as your organiser's selection may not be the same thing the members of that section want.

Nairaland is too big for you to recognise every member that contributes positively. Especially in the politics,,literature and romance section.

Please take my suggestion seriously if you want the NL populace to accept this Award.

Thank you.
[/b]

7 Likes

Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 13, 2015
peeparty:

mumu see as u mk me quote mizkhel
hehehehehe, see the way you are thinking of me, thank you my bushman.
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 13, 2015
Following...
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by peeparty(m): 10:46am On Jul 13, 2015
Oyind17:

Long time bro, where av you been?

I dey like dele oo

I miss you my love
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 13, 2015
peeparty:

I dey like dele oo
I miss you my rov.

I miss you more , unromantic rov
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 13, 2015
cc: figo05 zaragal sameer1212 sirmee pbs4real Emodeee agarawu23 chiam55 ladyBoss1 Enegod buygala prettythicksme piicity cutehector londongal sile12
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by peeparty(m): 10:52am On Jul 13, 2015
Midehi:
hehehehehe, see the way you are thinking of me, thank you my bushman.

mtcheeeeeee
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 13, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Following...

I still dey wait for your msg, collect my. number from any of my boyfriends there
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 13, 2015
peeparty:

I dey like dele oo
I miss you my rov.
shocked
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by peeparty(m): 10:55am On Jul 13, 2015
Midehi:
shocked

scomon keh taout dier.
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 13, 2015
Oyind17:

I still dey wait for your msg, collect my. number from any of my boyfriends there
u self.
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 13, 2015
Jollyjoy:
u self.

Watin I do na?
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by Twaci(f): 11:21am On Jul 13, 2015
Twaci was here cool
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by scentmarlc(m): 11:37am On Jul 13, 2015
naijaboiy:
[b]Scentmarlc...how can your organising team get every active member from each section when majority,,if not all are made up of active romance section members?

Going to other sections to select nominees from there may be a little bit myopic as they don't frequent there well enough to know the "who is who" in that section.

If you want to make this Award look realistic and impartial,,allow the section members to Nominate who they want or let each section have a representative in your organising group.

One person cannot enter another section he/she hardly looks at their home topic and select anybody there.

This is just to avoid shady selections as your organiser's selection may not be the same thing the members of that section want.

Nairaland is too big for you to recognise every member that contributes positively. Especially in the politics,,literature and romance section.

Please take my suggestion seriously if you want the NL populace to accept this Award.

Thank you.
[/b]

Thank you Mr Naijaboiy, i appreciate your concerns and particularly, your contribution to this forum at large. Now permit me to respond to your question in the best possible way.

Firstly, this idea was borne out of selfless zeal and motivation to encourage people that have so far make their mark on NL. I have been priviledge at different times to be a beneficiary of such informative threads and i believe thousands of youth out there have gained one or two things over time. So i thought it is hightime recognition award is given to these extraordinay fellows.

To do these, i needed a team and a team i got. LANDERSCAVE is a team comprising of 100% NLanders with members cutting across all sections., not just romance section. Having discussed my idea with a revered authority on NL, new plans and modalities evolved.

Please kindly know that your observation has been thought of, discussed, debated and catered for by over 50 NLanders of different fav sections via email, chats, whatsapp and phonecalls. This was done to ensure that the best format was adopted at the end of the day.

CLARIFICATION:

Events like this could take two shapes or formats as the case maybe. The first being what i call the open loop whereby the people get to nominate persons they think worths the award categories and often times, the nominee with the highest nominations gets to win the day. This process is adjudgedas being transparent, fair and non-sentimental. Ohh yeah, i quite agree with this notion.

However, the second arrangement is what i like to call the closed loop format...this is d model is often adopted by organizers of award shows like this. Typical example is the Grammy, BET, NEA, KORA etc where the populace dont get to submit nominations or given the liberty to be a part of the selection process rather....a recommended few are selected on certain basis which is peculiar to the event to comb, sort, screen, nominate, and select a deserving winner for each of the categories based on a benchmark or agreed set of criteria by the organizers. This method might be seen as an harbor for rigging, nepotism, bias, favouritism et al, however, its merits include eliminating every possibilty of turning the prestigious event into a popularity contest, family affair, caucus cinema, reduces spamming, etc.

I believe to a very large extent, the facilating Team in conjunction with the LOC Team deserves to be given the benefit of doubt having adopted the closed loop method. I cant but agree with people or persons that believes most of the members on the LOC are romance-inclined but what i dont believe or will never accept is that they are sworn romance landers. It is very true their impact has been felt most in romance section, but arguably by virtue of their threads, you can as well call them health, politics, arts, religion, celeb, education landers. I Am a live example. Check my profile and all my 42topics has been a spread of more than 6 to 7 sections , not just romance.

At this point, i plea to all Nairalanders with similar reservation as Naijaboiy to please calm down and enjoy the show. This event promises to be grand and devoid of frivolities. Am LOC members are working round the clock to achieve success, the least you all can do is to support, show love and keep following as the show progresses.

And like they say:

[ b] ...the end justify the means[/b]

Quote by Anonymous:

Even if you all do well, we cant reward you all. But in the hall, your heart shall be glad that one of you is on the podium to represent you all.

Have a wonderful day ahead guyz , i love you.

Its my birthday today too.....yyyyaaaaaaaaayyyyy. cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

Cheers
Scent

Cc: ishilove naijaboiy farano lalasticlala rockstation
Please guyz, help us create awareness to this thread by moving it to romance. If Mr NL, Miss NL can be hosted @romance section, am seeing no reason why NAIRA awards cant be hosted there. Please do the needful.

wristbangle dygeasy midehi mhizkel adeh39 kingtom luxanne ireneony sonofmark jacksparrow0712 cherlene

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by Slimzjoe(m): 11:42am On Jul 13, 2015
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by scentmarlc(m): 11:54am On Jul 13, 2015
MizMyColi:
*Parks Paw Paw Tree Here
my madamm........welcome. cheesycheesy
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by MizMyColi(f): 11:57am On Jul 13, 2015
scentmarlc:
my madamm........welcome. cheesycheesy

Hey what's up Marlc
Good Morning!

Nice Intiative herecheesy

All I care about is voting for the best modgrin

1 Like

Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 13, 2015
Happy birthday once again bruv @scentmarlc
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by scentmarlc(m): 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
MizMyColi:

Hey what's up Marlc
Good Morning!

Nice Intiative herecheesy

All I care about is voting for the best modgrin

Hehehheh see yucheesygrin

Please kindly press it upon your Mod friends to move this thread to romance ooo. I dont why the hating is this much. If Mr Nairaland, a paegent for all eligible male nairalanders and Miss Nairaland for elegible female nairalanders could be hosted, start to finish in romance section.................honestly i refuse to see reason why rockstation ishilove and farano would be so sentimental to lock this thread out of romance section. By all statutes, its a social event just like Mr n Miss Nairaland, Couples contest, Sunday. Interviews. If you ask me whats romantic about this event , then i might be forced ask what was romantin about the aforementioned events too with an exception to the couples thingy.

Once again, am appealing publicly having done so privately to rockstation, ishilove , farano and lalasticlala to please move this thread to romance section. If not for anything but the traffic its gona generate. We need pple to be aware and carried along.

Stay lovely mzycoli, i do hope they listen to yu.

Link:
www.nairaland.com/2447625/n-r-awards-2015-awareness/1#35809411

Cheers
Scent
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by kinglekan: 12:34pm On Jul 13, 2015

Scentmarlc all this big big oyinbo you are typing. Hmmmmmm

Now Following
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2015
Mhizkel:
CC:

DarkenedRebel, MizMyColi, Sarzwizard, Boynigeria, Nneka123, Tohpahz, Faith551, Freemanan, Vizkiz, Agarawu23, Mzlaurel, Unibenstudent, Ireneony, Kinglekan, Akposy, Danceville, Webmaster0, Danbrowndmf, Luxanne, Dechandel, Tashaamania, Jollyjoy.........
Wow....
Good one
Re: N. A. I. R. A. Awards 2015 ( Awareness/preparatory Thread) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
scentmarlc:
THank you for following.